League Reconstruction 20/21 season

5 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

You do live in wester hales I take it 

Oh no  i do not. Yes there is massive poverty in Edinburgh as well as massive wealth. I am lucky enough to be more towards one side than the other.

The fact that Celtic are buying players from this trickle down effect also helps the Scottish game,Celtic are leaving the Scottish market alone and looking else where.
You said it yourself the level of player in Scotland isn't good enough, it cost Celtic 1.2 million to get Jack Hendry or 300 grand for Frimpong where would you shop.

I agree they're certain positions in the Scottish national team that are not good enough we're about 4 or 5 players away from being at a major tournament.
For me this is an improvement from 5 years ago so the national team is going in the correct direction.
Next season I will be looking for an apology when we beat Norway and Serbia.   
Are you still fucking banging on about colts? It's not happening, sit down and shut up. Or at least take it to another thread, this one is for laughing at Hearts.

7 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

The short arsed c**t tried to sell me a house.

I hope you told him you were quite happy with your pavement spot in front of Tesco. 

48 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

You do live in wester hales I take it 

40 minutes ago, Raphael said:

Oh no  i do not. Yes there is massive poverty in Edinburgh as well as massive wealth. I am lucky enough to be more towards one side than the other.

Going off topic here, but...

I have always lived on the other side of the city, but spent a few years working in and around Wester Hailes. It has a bad rep, but is nowhere near as bad as is made out and many of it's issues are of the council's doing.

Here's an informative article about it.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/retro/wester-hailes-50-how-field-dreams-turned-concrete-jungle-541451

4 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I have always lived on the other side of the city, but spent a few years working in and around Wester Hailes. It has a bad rep, but is nowhere near as bad as is made out and many of it's issues are of the council's doing.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/retro/wester-hailes-50-how-field-dreams-turned-concrete-jungle-541451

On of my e-girlfrieds was a community worker there and she took me to a few parties in the place. It would be stupid to deny there is poverty there but also why is poverty automatically assumed to mean your scum. Personally I've found more scum in the wealther parts of Edinburgh. See Raphael above. 

8 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

colt team would still be playing in league 2

I have already said ad nauseam that It will not ever ever happen despite the bullying and bribes . Since you are so keen, why don't you answer my suggestion about placing  the Colts in the Championship especially since they would  have  the opportunity to exercise their talents against big teams like Hearts ?

7 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

That's a really interesting article mate. Funny how these projects were always built with the best intentions and then social issues and more societial problems come in. I am from (no surprise) from the West of the city and spent a lot of my youth in Broomhouse and Stenhouse. Perceptions of these places are always worse than the truth.

6 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

On of my e-girlfrieds was a community worker there and she took me to a few parties in the place. It would be stupid to deny there is poverty there but also why is poverty automatically assumed to mean your scum. Personally I've found more scum in the wealther parts of Edinburgh. See Raphael above. 

887035.jpg?b64lines=ICggZ2FzcHMgKSA=

14 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

It's a familiar story. Although there are inherent flaws in its design and position relative to services, the idea that placemaking can solve socioeconomic deprivation should be discredited. The 'market' creates winners and losers and accordingly some areas are desirable while others are not. Government need to take a holistic approach, renovating and rebuilding properties and spaces is only a single element. Providing people with social support and jobs is even more important. 

There are some fantastic houses gone into Niddrie is recent years but the area has a reputation which is difficult to shake. If it can be regenerated, will that benefit the original community? Should our notions of community be different to what they were 20+ years ago considering the amount people move around now due to work patterns? 

Looking up something, and theres maybe a similar case in Scottish football before.

2003/04.

Partick finish bottom. ICT to be promoted.

ICT stadium doesnt fit criteria so they agree to groundshare with Aberdeen.

Requires a vote to allow them in, due SPL/SFL being separate organisations. 

Vote goes way of Partick, ICT denied promotion.

Hearts and Hibs claim "unclear advice" given in lead up to the vote, so want a second vote.

Partick go to court to try and prevent a second vote.

Court rules against Partick.

Second vote goes way of ICT.

It's not the exact same, but the "unclear advice" bit sounds like what Hearts have tried to argue. Half a chance all that happens is we have another vote.