League Reconstruction 20/21 season

35 minutes ago, Ric said:

How much can Hearts/Thistle be compensated? Honestly, I don't know. I don't think that any of us think the £10m claim made by Hearts is in any way realistic. Could it be more than £1m or so? Perhaps. Do they deserve it? IMO, no, but then it's not me on the panel. I believe there will be some level of sympathy for the position they are in and the panel will try and address that. Personally I feel a large(ish) payout will only make the Championship a hugely imbalanced league - if it wasn't already - but isn't really the issue here, it's a procedural one regarding the ending of one league, not the balance of another.

Good post, but to highlight one section.

I read somewhere else that the parachute payments for the teams in 11th (not relegated this year and 12th was something like £800k. If you add in whatever Partick would get as a parachute payment (if there is any), lets say £50k, means that there is already funding for about £850k.

Its not outwith the realms of possibility that say £1M could be made available to be split across Hearts, Partick and Stranrear

3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Good post, but to highlight one section.

I read somewhere else that the parachute payments for the teams in 11th (not relegated this year and 12th was something like £800k. If you add in whatever Partick would get as a parachute payment (if there is any), lets say £50k, means that there is already funding for about £850k.

Its not outwith the realms of possibility that say £1M could be made available to be split across Hearts, Partick and Stranrear

I didn't include the parachute payment, I understand why you'd mention it but I can't see the SPFL using that as "part payment" as that would just kick off more fighting. Like Jim Bowen would tell you, "you've got that, it's in the bank".

Guest Flash
2 hours ago, ropy said:

Any compensation will be around the levels of the parachute payment, £300k?  Are there any such payments further down the leagues?

A club relegated via the Premiership play-offs, gets £500,000 in the first season down and £250,000 in the second season, but the  payment for season 2 is only made if they haven’t come back up. So those payments won’t be made for 19/20 as there were no play-offs. Eta some of this is funded from the play-off gate money. And it may have already been paid out as part of the prize money for the season paid to all clubs.

A club finishing 12th in the Premiership gets the lower of £300,000 and 2.43% of SPFL net commercial revenues. Season 2 they get the lower of £125,000 and 1.01% of NCR. Again, payment for season 2 is only made if they haven’t come back up.

The only other parachute is for clubs losing the pyramid play-off. They get £40,000 in season 1 and £20,000 in season 2, with the latter only payable if they haven’t come back up. Think this is funded by the SFA making a payment to the SPFL to cover it.

Edited by Flash

10 minutes ago, Ric said:

I didn't include the parachute payment, I understand why you'd mention it but I can't see the SPFL using that as "part payment" as that would just kick off more fighting. Like Jim Bowen would tell you, "you've got that, it's in the bank".

The issue now for Hearts, and probably the SPFL as well to an extent,  is as much about saving face.

So if the parachute payment is included to give a total of £1m, Ann Budge can come out with a statement saying how the club felt vindicated in their action, this payout proves they were right all along etc.

Whatever outcome we get here, I'd be amazed if Hearts state anything about being unhappy about it, or that they've been harshly treated. Because after that it would only be a matter of time before the hearts fans begin to turn on the real master of their clubs' downfall.

One thing is clear, Hearts won’t lose this.  Even of they go out of existence they’ll all spin into, we decided that the SPFL is so corrupt we no longer want to be part of it. Or something along those lines.  Every loss they’ve had has somehow become a win.

Edited by Bose

26 minutes ago, Ric said:

Hopefully the arbitrator gives them their bus fare home and then reveals a picture of the Premiership table with Dundee Utd in it whilst announcing ‘here’s what you could have won’

12 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

The issue now for Hearts, and probably the SPFL as well to an extent,  is as much about saving face.

I absolutely agree. Both are in an awkward position. On one side the SPFL have made a bit of a mess of this whole thing, on the other specifically Hearts have tried to play the "we are too big for this sort of shit to happen to us" card and the fanbase is now expecting something concrete.

5 minutes ago, Bose said:

One thing is clear, Hearts won’t lose this.  Even of they go out of existence they’ll all spin into, we decided that the SPFL is so corrupt we no longer want to be part of it. Or something along those lines.  Every loss they’ve had has somehow become a win.

I suppose it's a little unfair to use JKB as a bellwether for their support, but if you do it's clear they are opting to open the Rangers playbook. Everything is a conspiracy, everything is broken, everything is intentionally set up to get them, all the while not reflecting on their own club's actions that had led up to this point.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

I suppose it's a little unfair to use JKB as a bellwether for their support, but if you do it's clear they are opting to open the Rangers playbook. Everything is a conspiracy, everything is broken, everything is intentionally set up to get them, all the while not reflecting on their own club's actions that had led up to this point.

You’re probably right but it seems to be the prevalent view no matter where I read.

Interesting thought, I'd imagine he'll be booked up for other cases though. It would help him being up to speed on the the issues if they want a quick resolution. P.S. Probably not an option as the case is only in cist from his court, and it could conceivably return. 

image.thumb.png.36b421cde25e6885a9140b201f1d960a.png

Edited by welshbairn

36 minutes ago, Ric said:

I absolutely agree. Both are in an awkward position. On one side the SPFL have made a bit of a mess of this whole thing, on the other specifically Hearts have tried to play the "we are too big for this sort of shit to happen to us" card and the fanbase is now expecting something concrete.

@Melanius Mullarkey

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Maybe I was not as clear as I had intended, let me try and explain it further.

Its not "in the bank" as you put it.

My point was using the 11th place parachute payment, which is as someone also highlighted below £500k.

That's not in the bank for Hearts, Partick or Stranrear

So immediately you have as a minimum £500k that can be used towards compensation. That along with the £300k for 12th spot, if there is anything in the lower leagues and throw in a bit more to compensate, then you could be looking at around £1M

The money "in Hearts bank" would only be £300k for finishing 12th, with this, they could get that increased to say £800k, with the other £200k going to Partick / Stranrear. 

1 hour ago, Flash said:

A club relegated via the Premiership play-offs, gets £500,000 in the first season down and £250,000 in the second season, but the  payment for season 2 is only made if they haven’t come back up. So those payments won’t be made for 19/20 as there were no play-offs. Eta some of this is funded from the play-off gate money. And it may have already been paid out as part of the prize money for the season paid to all clubs.

A club finishing 12th in the Premiership gets the lower of £300,000 and 2.43% of SPFL net commercial revenues. Season 2 they get the lower of £125,000 and 1.01% of NCR. Again, payment for season 2 is only made if they haven’t come back up.

The only other parachute is for clubs losing the pyramid play-off. They get £40,000 in season 1 and £20,000 in season 2, with the latter only payable if they haven’t come back up. Think this is funded by the SFA making a payment to the SPFL to cover it.

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

~St johnstone had some fight about them.

You only had 4 wins all season, games where you upped your effort when against Hibs and SevCo. It did not appear that you were able to get enough points against the Ross County's, Hamiltons and St Mirren's that you were up against.

The likelyhood is, you were never equipped to scrap it out at the bottom end of the table

Are you the same guy who posts on kickback?  

4 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

Are you the same guy who posts on kickback?  

P&B's best kept secret is that everyone here posts on Kickback. Apart from the Heart of Midlothian fans of course, who have more sense.