League Reconstruction 20/21 season

3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Doesnt Tom English have an exclusive for us today?

Or is he keeping his trap shut now it looks like his mission is about to fall apart?

Not listened, but I believe (if you have a quick look at his Twitter) he is going with the "I always told you this was going to happen" line. Despite the fact he never told anyone this was going to happen.

37 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

With that logic all the clubs with a chance of a promotion play off spot or automatic promotion would be due compensation, some with a far better chance of promotion than Hearts of avoiding demotion. There would be hardly any clubs left to pay it.

Two thoughts on that.

1) "Potentially" promoted clubs are not materially disadvantaged like relegated clubs are. Yes, they had an opportunity to gain promotion, but that not a guarantee, which leads on to my second point. Yes they would likely to have gained through promotion, but again, that is an advantage, not a disadvantage

2) The rules of probability would play a factor as well

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Going by every metric that simply isn't the case.

Whether that is goals per game, their full season form, their half season form, their last 10 or 6 game form, their record against the other clubs in same position and finally based on the number of games they had won.

It's just not a viable argument, and anyone trotting it out should be told exactly that.

My favourite part is still that they had the opportunity to get off the bottom in their last game before the shutdown, and absolutely fucked it.

1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Two thoughts on that.

1) "Potentially" promoted clubs are not materially disadvantaged like relegated clubs are. Yes, they had an opportunity to gain promotion, but that not a guarantee, which leads on to my second point. Yes they would likely to have gained through promotion, but again, that is an advantage, not a disadvantage

2) The rules of probability would play a factor as well

I would say Falkirk had a far better chance of promotion than Hearts had of avoiding relegation. The financial loss incurred by staying in League 1, with potentially no football being played, compared to playing in the Championship, is huge.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I would say Falkirk had a far better chance of promotion than Hearts had of avoiding relegation. The financial loss incurred by staying in League 1, with potentially no football being played, compared to playing in the Championship, is huge.

Definite raw deal on the Bairns, one point away from automatic promotion given their vastly superior goal difference and a missed play off. Hearts were 4 points adrift with play off unlikely.  The absurdity of Hearts poor me case is laid bare.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I agree, it is extremely tough on Falkirk. They had the opportunity to get direct promotion.

I said before that the first point should have been to complete the season when they could.

When that was not possible, they should have went with a temporary reconstruction. It was individual club selfishness which stopped that

Then it was down to an agreement of the clubs to call the season as it was, which I agree is harsh on the likes of Falkirk

14 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

This talk of heavy compensation on Sportsound, aye! For Dufc, RRfc and Cove for the cheek of Budge.  

Depends on who is talking. If it's Dodds or McCann then it can be dismissed.

5 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I agree, it is extremely tough on Falkirk. They had the opportunity to get direct promotion.

I said before that the first point should have been to complete the season when they could.

When that was not possible, they should have went with a temporary reconstruction. It was individual club selfishness which stopped that

Then it was down to an agreement of the clubs to call the season as it was, which I agree is harsh on the likes of Falkirk

Budge would defo not want a resurgent Falkirk in the Championship either, an irony that proves Hearts also BENEFITED  from the spfl decision and need to stfu.

1 hour ago, Raphael said:

I think P & B as a whole sums up Scottish football for me. I whole heartedly support the utter ripping of my club in the full knowledge that when another club makes an absolute tit of themsleves as they inevitably will, i will be right here with gifs.

Beware of geeks bearing gifs.

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

The 11th place parachute payment is funded by the SPFL taking a cut of gate money from the play-offs. With no play-offs that money doesn't exist.

It can’t be fully funded by the gate money. The SPFL gets 42.5% of the gate. So, to generate £500,000, the gate money for the 6 games would have to be £1,176,470. If it has to fund an additional £250,000 for the following or previous season, the gate money would need to be £1,785,714.

Using £1.2m as a rough approximation and if we assume the average net of VAT admission fee was £20 (which is probably too high) the total crowds for the 6 games would need to be 60,000, which is an average of 10,000 per tie. They probably made that when Rangers were in them, but I doubt if they do every season.

I did say in my earlier post that the play-offs contribute to the parachute. But Article 156 shows that the parachute payments are a deduction from the overall income of the SPFL before the prize money is paid out. So, even if nothing was generated from the play-off games, the parachute payments would be funded out of the SPFL’s other income.

Eta In any event, I was replying to the point of what happens to the parachute money in seasons where there are play-offs but the Premiership club stays up. The gate money retained is added to the prize money pot.

Edited by Flash

10 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

The last time Hearts were in the championship under Neilson the title was won by 21 points.  That league included Rangers and Hibs.

A resurgent Falkirk, ffs.

That was then, you've only managed 4 league wins in a year and now have an unmotivated squad on half wages. 

Btw Neilson couldn't get Dundee U promoted last year, not sure where you get he is some fitba genius. I reckon he's a turnip. MK Dons would accord. 

3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Where did I say he was?  You're assertion about a resurgent Falkirk was however unequivocal nonsense.  A semi competent manager will see Hearts win the league comfortably.

Stick to offering to clean the clocks of your fellow Hibs fans m9.

Certainly should do, but then I guess a semi competent manager and board should not have seen a club with the third biggest budget in the league bottom of the table with was it four wins all season ? I mean come on even Hamilton and Livingstone on their budgets above you and Motherwell on their’s third.

Edited by Yorky

3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Where did I say he was?  You're assertion about a resurgent Falkirk was however unequivocal nonsense.  A semi competent manager will see Hearts win the league comfortably.

Stick to offering to clean the clocks of your fellow Hibs fans m9.

And you stick to the Championship were you belong you little nyaff. 

1 minute ago, Yorky said:

Certainly should do, but then I guess a semi competent manager and board should not have seen a club with the third biggest budget in the league bottom of the table with was it four wins all season ?

And that was the problem.  Sticking with a failing manager for so long then replacing him with a guy with no knowledge of the game up here and expecting him to hit the ground running.

Budge has a lot to answer for.

26 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

The last time Hearts were in the championship under Neilson the title was won by 21 points.  That league included Rangers and Hibs.

A resurgent Falkirk, ffs.

I may be wrong think there is point deduction coming both Thistle and Hearts way. 

2 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

And that was the problem.  Sticking with a failing manager for so long then replacing him with a guy with no knowledge of the game up here and expecting him to hit the ground running.

Budge has a lot to answer for.

True, I think she is getting an easy time just now because of everything else that’s going on, but the support will go back to focusing on the dreadful season when this is over, it really was some achievement being that bad with that much money.

I still don’t know why “the Dundee vote” matters a jot in this mess. It makes no odds what Dundee voted, because we would all still be in the same position at the moment no matter how that overall vote had gone. By now the leagues would have had to have been called, Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer would all still be bottom, and nothing to do with “the Dundee vote”.