League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, Tannadeechee said:

NO. It has been explained countless times. Clubs could not furlough staff untill they knew the leagues were over. Clubs, not all granted, were begging for the money as they still had costs to pay for with NO money coming in. 

We have only had permission for contact training for less than two weeks. The Scot Government also said originally NO FOOTBALL BEHIND CLOSED DOORS. Again for what feels like an eternity asking without an answer WHEN WOULD THE GAMES BE PLAYED????

Is that true? How did clubs in England do it. Did they not use furlough? Genuinely don't know.

That money clubs were begging for. Clubs still seem to be begging, including yours. So where did it go? And it clearly wasn't enough to make a difference. Anyhow, I believe the arbitration will look into whether it's true clubs couldn't have got the money without calling the league. Yes, I know the SPFL have said they couldn't. 

The games might have been able to have been played in July if a concerted SPFL/Scottish gov effort took place to make it happen. Calling the league happened too early and in a rushed way (even the SPFL admitted that) that led to where we are now. I don't now why you are denying that.

1 hour ago, 8GamesToGo said:

That's not true. One of Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts had a chance of a Euro spot through the cup. That spot was arbitrarily taken away and handed to Aberdeen.

The cup is another ridiculous thing. personally I hope our semi final goes ahead. It's exactly the kind of derby we could win even with a team that hasn't trained. but it's crazy to play two Scottish cups in the same season. And Hearts probably with a championship squad. What sporting integrity is being shown around the cup?

Championship squads never contest Scottish Cup semi-finals...

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, aDONisSheep said:

No, because that would have had a (self inflicted) impact on this coming season and the new (improved) Sky contract (guaranteeing less money for all clubs).  It would also have meant that clubs would not have received their prize money.

But you know all of this.

I know the SPFL tell us things. You believe them all. I don't.

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

Championship squads never contest Scottish Cup semi-finals...

Not when they begin the tournament with a Premiership one no. Obviously. When folk are now saying it's perfectly OK to finish the Scottish cup the following season when one team has been massively weakened in part by the voting actions of the other 3 teams left in then there's no hope. I'm out.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

1 minute ago, 8GamesToGo said:

The games might have been able to have been played in July if a concerted SPFL/Scottish gov effort took place to make it happen. 

Funnily enough, the fairness or otherwise of Hearts relegation from the Scottish Premiership wasn't a priority of the Scottish government during a global pandemic.

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Funnily enough, the fairness or otherwise of Hearts relegation from the Scottish Premiership wasn't a priority of the Scottish government during a global pandemic.

Amazing any industry has survived. And other countries seem to have agreed sport is important. Football fans downplaying the importance of football in lives is another interesting takeaway from my brief stint on this forum.

You seem to be saying all this was just inevitable. No other options. In that case it was inevitable we've ended up in court. It's inevitable clubs might have to pay legal fess and compensation. You did after all know this would be the result 3 months ago. So why all the uproar? this is just what happens in this situation. Happened in other countries too with clubs going to court.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

11 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

"Take your medicine" Isn't that how this works? There were other options, bringing it back to the title of this thread. 

From the BBC today

Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers have asked Scottish Premiership clubs to pledge £5,000 each towards their costs as they defend legal action taken by Hearts and Partick Thistle.

Championship clubs have been asked to pledge £2,000 each, with League One and League Two sides asked for £1,000.

Excellent. If the three clubs are expecting actual financial help with the legal fees, that's a big hint that the three clubs know the mass of SPFL clubs are still on their side.

Which is important, since Hearts' case rests on the notion that no reasonable member would have voted the way they did. Having the chairmen still onside, and presumably submitting testimony, makes it a shitton harder to claim that the club chairmen's votes were due to them being misled by Neil Doncaster supposedly lying to them about the prize money, and it also means that they'll be happy to defend the reasonability of their decisionmaking. If the case gets as far as taking evidence, Hearts will have a massive hurdle to overcome.

I'm almost disappointed that it went to arbitration because of this. Having Hearts' QC trying to coax Donald Findlay (also a QC) into admitting he was a helpless gullible wee lamb led around by Neil Doncaster's sinister hypnotic wiles, and that he didn't know what he was voting for would surely be good entertainment.

5 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

I'm out.

Funny GIFs Celebration, Success, Victory. 60 pieces of animated pictures

2 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Amazing any industry has survived. And other countries seem to have agreed sport is important. Football fans downplaying the importance of football in lives is another interesting takeaway from my brief stint on this forum.

Well, you lasted 3 minutes.

3 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Nope, downplaying the importance of Hearts toys out the pram act.

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Nope, downplaying the importance of Hearts toys out the pram act.

Everyone knew months ago legal action was going to happen. And as the D Utd guy just shouted at me it's not just Hearts.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

28 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

"Take your medicine" Isn't that how this works? There were other options, bringing it back to the title of this thread. 

From the BBC today

Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers have asked Scottish Premiership clubs to pledge £5,000 each towards their costs as they defend legal action taken by Hearts and Partick Thistle.

Championship clubs have been asked to pledge £2,000 each, with League One and League Two sides asked for £1,000.

Hopefully we release a statement telling them where to go.

Guest 8GamesToGo
5 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Excellent. If the three clubs are expecting actual financial help with the legal fees, that's a big hint that the three clubs know the mass of SPFL clubs are still on their side.

Which is important, since Hearts' case rests on the notion that no reasonable member would have voted the way they did. Having the chairmen still onside, and presumably submitting testimony, makes it a shitton harder to claim that the club chairmen's votes were due to them being misled by Neil Doncaster supposedly lying to them about the prize money, and it also means that they'll be happy to defend the reasonability of their decisionmaking. If the case gets as far as taking evidence, Hearts will have a massive hurdle to overcome.

I'm almost disappointed that it went to arbitration because of this. Having Hearts' QC trying to coax Donald Findlay (also a QC) into admitting he was a helpless gullible wee lamb led around by Neil Doncaster's sinister hypnotic wiles, and that he didn't know what he was voting for would surely be good entertainment.

Yes I'm sure now it's in private arbitration and not public court the clubs will get their stories straight in advance. Mind you there's always one that seems to put his foot in it. My money's on the Ross County or Ayr guy.

32 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Yes and we return to the amazing coincidence of contact football possibly happening exactly when the SPFL need it to and crowds possibly returning just in time for the OF derby.

One minute it's a conspiracy because we didn't start sooner and the next minute it's a conspiracy because we can start.

15 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

Clubs at that level might having the makings of next year's squads but don't have their team for the season. I believe many of players changing clubs down here are on a small retainer with their wages to kick in when training starts. In completing their squads do clubs budget for players to go up, down or stay in the same league?  Add to that those clubs will be required to take players off furlough before commencing training. Your suggestions appear to be pie in the Bovril sky with little awareness of the economics of lower division life.

Listening to the chairmen of lower leagues getting up and running doesn't seem to be the problem the bigger problem seems to be the crowds through the gates.

18 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Not when they begin the tournament with a Premiership one no. Obviously. When folk are now saying it's perfectly OK to finish the Scottish cup the following season when one team has been massively weakened in part by the voting actions of the other 3 teams left in then there's no hope. I'm out.

Hallelujah!

22 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

The Premiership squad which won 4 league games all season? A Championship squad might be an improvement...

8 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Aye, Sevco are well known for not paying their way.

Choosing not to donate towards the legal fees incurred by other clubs is seen as not paying your way?

Strange take.