Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

6 minutes ago, Talfc said:

He’s hopeless, one good game every 6. Just so lazy and holds the ball far too long.

Hope Tucker & Alan feel the same as you & we can get him back & use his abilities 

Just now, energyzone said:

He does flatter to deceive though. There's a reason he's had 4 or 5 clubs at this level.

He was doing well with us until Tucker offered a good chunk of money. 

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Beith away next week. Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

Sure is Looking forward to it A lot of the time when we play Talbot at home it is a end of season kick about with nothing at stake No doubt your keeper will have the game of his life to prove us all wrong at Beith

This is a transition season for Talbot. Signed lots of youngsters some of whom show potential and brought the average age of the squad down. Talbot aren’t being outclassed but it is fine margins. Lacking in midfield and up front. Boylan returning will make a difference and he is experienced so can help the youngsters through games. Wardrope is skilful but doesn’t have the impact on games that he should. Could be the players around him or the position Talbot are playing him in. Short in midfield and upfront. Boyd needs a goal. 

30 minutes ago, maicoman said:

Sure is Looking forward to it A lot of the time when we play Talbot at home it is a end of season kick about with nothing at stake No doubt your keeper will have the game of his life to prove us all wrong at Beith

Glavins injured. Dont know if he'll be fit for Saturday. 

16 minutes ago, Rugbyroader said:

This is a transition season for Talbot. Signed lots of youngsters some of whom show potential and brought the average age of the squad down. Talbot aren’t being outclassed but it is fine margins. Lacking in midfield and up front. Boylan returning will make a difference and he is experienced so can help the youngsters through games. Wardrope is skilful but doesn’t have the impact on games that he should. Could be the players around him or the position Talbot are playing him in. Short in midfield and upfront. Boyd needs a goal. 

Boyd scored 5 goals last season despite medda being in the top 5 for a good chunk of it, he's just not an out an out goal scorer and at best you'll probably get about 10 goals a season even if you were playing well. What I would say is he works his socks off and if you can get a goal scorer beside him he's well worth his salt with the chances he'll create for him . But your main no 9 I'd say no 

Edited by Plantar fasciitis

Just now, Thejackdaw said:

Don't actually know if this is the best time or worst time for Talbot to be visiting bellsdale as they will be like the proverbial wounded animal for sure , they will arrive as favourites and beith will once again welcome the under dog status.............

That you trying to wind up Talbot fans again! 

11 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Don't actually know if this is the best time or worst time for Talbot to be visiting bellsdale as they will be like the proverbial wounded animal for sure , they will arrive as favourites and beith will once again welcome the under dog status.............

🤣🤣🤣

58 minutes ago, Rugbyroader said:

Agree with alot of this

8 hours ago, holmparkheroes said:

Question is, how many would  Clydebank have scored if they hadn’t squandered their chances.

Poorest Talbot team I have ever seen.

You certainly missed a few chances especially the ones we gave you. Just out of interest I found the atmosphere very flat, the visit of Clydebank would have had the terraces buzzing, it was like a pre-season game. 

4 hours ago, beaver watch said:

You certainly missed a few chances especially the ones we gave you. Just out of interest I found the atmosphere very flat, the visit of Clydebank would have had the terraces buzzing, it was like a pre-season game. 

Bankies fans were down in decent numbers but really only got vociferous after we scored. Don’t know if Talbot were a bit lighter in number but probably didn’t have much to sing about. The shed beside the club was quiet but the good weather might have accounted for that. When it’s raining that shed is buzzing.

On 20/08/2023 at 10:47, Rugbyroader said:

Defo a transition period, was always going to be a tough start with the new look squad. I'm not overly worried about how its went so far. I'm sure with time and a few tweeks they will come good. Some folk talkin about relegation at this early stage is ridiculous. It's a re-building season and could probably finish mid table. Only 6 games in, give the boys time. I agree Boylan coming back is a bonus and i'm sure once Boyd gets his 1st goal, that will boost his confidence a bit. I'm not expecting miracles this season and willing to be patient. Let's see how they progress with time