Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

Think we need to understand the signing process, we identify a player and say he costs 15k you have the initial payout then he wants £350 per week, the players you already have when contract renewal comes up wants the same money and we don't have brewsters millions thats at darvel. 

33 minutes ago, fb4 said:

Think we need to understand the signing process, we identify a player and say he costs 15k you have the initial payout then he wants £350 per week, the players you already have when contract renewal comes up wants the same money and we don't have brewsters millions thats at darvel. 

How many players in the WoS Prem this season were signed for transfer fees? 

Probably 95%+ all moved for free. Only really Darvel in the Prem shelling out fees for players. Burgh in first. 
Most other clubs are doing their work during close season with players out of contract. 

2 minutes ago, superpollok said:

How many players in the WoS Prem this season were signed for transfer fees? 

Probably 95%+ all moved for free. Only really Darvel in the Prem shelling out fees for players. Burgh in first. 
Most other clubs are doing their work during close season with players out of contract. 

Let's be honest most do their business during the season tapping up players due to go out of contract 

8 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Let's be honest most do their business during the season tapping up players due to go out of contract 

Not sure if you can call it ‘tapping up’ when a player is out of contract and in their last few months / weeks. 
Players as much as clubs will want to get themself sorted for the following season. 
If a player is under contract for the following season and player is approached, then agree that’s tapping up. That then usually ends up with a transfer fee, so we are back where we started with that being only a few signings each summer (Darvel) 

21 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Not sure if you can call it ‘tapping up’ when a player is out of contract and in their last few months / weeks. 
Players as much as clubs will want to get themself sorted for the following season. 
If a player is under contract for the following season and player is approached, then agree that’s tapping up. That then usually ends up with a transfer fee, so we are back where we started with that being only a few signings each summer (Darvel) 

Agreed superpollok

I'm sure the ruling is that a player is allowed to speak to any team or a team can contact a player once his contract has 6 months or less to run going by the SFA rules,  someone can correct me if I'm wrong

3 hours ago, fb4 said:

Were finding out what happens if you don't keep up with your rival teams, down at Beechwood. I'm sure Tucker's experience would tell him, build the spine of a team, a decent keeper, a central midfielder, who would run through a brick wall for you, and a striker that gives you 20 plus goals a season. Course these type of players cost money, and we have been informed that Talbot have spent a lot with floodlights and getting licensed, but so have the rest we compete against. Would someone hazard a guess at the amount of cash Talbot accumulated with televised Scottish Cup games, gate receipts, winners prize money in Junior Cup, money for competing in rounds of big Scottish Cup etc, and we can't even buy a half decent goalkeeper, never mind a top goalscorer. A few fans say don't panic, Tucker will come good, but the guy can only work with what he's got, he's not a magician who can turn raw young boys into seasoned pros this league requires.

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

big Slooves has been excellent since day 1.

Glad to hear it although I saw the Pollok game and thought he was a bit "pushy". Seemed to have his hands on others shoulders etc. Having said that I moved under the shed because of the rain so had to listen to the local howlers roaring every time he did it, so I may have been influenced by them.

52 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Glad to hear it although I saw the Pollok game and thought he was a bit "pushy". Seemed to have his hands on others shoulders etc. Having said that I moved under the shed because of the rain so had to listen to the local howlers roaring every time he did it, so I may have been influenced by them.

To be fair I also thought he looked a bit unsure and slightly clumsy in the first couple of games so I might have been OTT in my praise but he generally looks assured these days and uses the ball quite well when he has possession.

15 minutes ago, maicoman said:

It just seemed to be a couple more He did get called back to Killie to sit on the bench sometime into those 4 games which must have made it seem more games for Beith

Called back to killie to fulfill ex amount of youth /young players to be on the bench/squad  in a cup tie of sorts and to meet the given criteria and a tick box.

Edited by Thejackdaw

I still dont believe we will be in relegation zone by the end of the season. Still looking at this year being a re-build for next. Dont get me wrong, i totally understand peoples doubts and it doesnt look good just now. Still havent quite found a way to kill a game yet. Need a couple league wins under the belt and genuinely think things will pick up a bit. Never made it on sunday, would have been interesting to see if any of those boys could still do a job for us 🤣

26 minutes ago, tyson1909 said:

I still dont believe we will be in relegation zone by the end of the season. Still looking at this year being a re-build for next. Dont get me wrong, i totally understand peoples doubts and it doesnt look good just now. Still havent quite found a way to kill a game yet. Need a couple league wins under the belt and genuinely think things will pick up a bit. Never made it on sunday, would have been interesting to see if any of those boys could still do a job for us 🤣

What makes you think we're not in a relagation battle?

Theres a lack of quality throughout the team and the signings apart from Slooves have been honking. 

24 minutes ago, andy25 said:

What makes you think we're not in a relagation battle?

Theres a lack of quality throughout the team and the signings apart from Slooves have been honking. 

A agree…. there are only 2 or 3 players we can actualy be positive abt so far this season….