Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

3 hours ago, tyson1909 said:

Anybody at the game on saturday there tell me who played in the back 4? I know we didnt concede but just wondered how they played. Been chop n change back there this season and if the boy shoneville gets back soon i'm hoping he can provide a bit more consistency. 

Park

McPherson 

A Wilson

Gillies

Slooves was suspended 

20 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

It was tongue in cheek Shanner! 

I know mate, wasn't having a go, we are certainly not shy about going route one at times but over the years we've had some superb full backs that have made us tick. Pope was probably the last great one and is still sorely missed. 

1 hour ago, Talbot supporter said:

Dont think we will get far in this years Scottish Cup, hope I am wrong though 

Same but with a kind draw it's possible. I'd be fearful of a proper scudding if we played a decent league side as things stand (I know we've still to beat St Andras).

Just hearing the score. Aye they are a decent side, but they are a decent side in a pub league. I've obviously missed too many games to realise how bad it is. Would love to say we can now concentrate on the league but from what i hear about last couple games av missed, we are really poor. Something needs to change quick

2 minutes ago, tyson1909 said:

Just hearing the score. Aye they are a decent side, but they are a decent side in a pub league. I've obviously missed too many games to realise how bad it is. Would love to say we can now concentrate on the league but from what i hear about last couple games av missed, we are really poor. Something needs to change quick

The manager. 

Since being able to compete in the Scottish Cup yesterday was our worst ever result in the competition overshadowing the losses to Edinburgh City and Cumbernauld Colts who at the time were a tier above us. Every Talbot fan can see that we need strikers and a creative midfielder. We also need players played in the position that they are supposed to play in. A player who was playing right back last season being used as part of our strike force, a right back being brought on to boost our attack when we have a winger sitting on the bench is crazy. 

18 hours ago, superpollok said:

Just a heads up, since you may still be traveling home. Don’t look at the league table tonight. 

Its grim viewing. Next weeks league game against irvine Meadow is vital now.  Then on cup duty for the next 2/3 weeks after that.  The more weeks we look at that table like that the more depressing and scary it gets

1 minute ago, Talbot supporter said:

Agree, we are shocking to watch, we need experienced players to come in , if we need to spend money just do it because its vital we stay in the league,  those players mentioned are the only wans I would keep

I dont like to mention names to bring folk down on social media etc. But there's some boys there that dont quite make the mark. I'm sure they'll be nice guys and try their best but sadly just not good enough.  Definitley need some seasoned, experienced grafters in there to help out

5 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

Fear the worst going to cumnock in 2weeks😢

I was hoping if we got on a wee run this month it would put us a decent frame of mind going into that game, sadly thats not the case. Heads are going down on and off the pitch. You never know, it might take a good win in there to get the heads lifted, but honestly dont see where the goals are coming from