Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

What southerner has said is correct. A few of the stalwarts that Talbot had went for bigger money too. Said before but when you see your goalie move to probably your biggest rival for what must have been more money, one year after his testimonial was very disappointing. Understand players need to look after themselves especially in such hard times but that's what Talbot are up against nowadays. 

However, it seems undeniable that the recruitment hasn't been as good as it should have been. Hopefully Tucker will fix it sharpish. 

A rebuild was required but the standard of signings needed to be a hundred times better than what was brought in. The players brought in were the players no one else wanted with a couple of exceptions.

Sometimes you need to bite the bullet and splash the cash. Theres money there to be spent.

Edited by andy25

I would be surprised to get a reply to this post. 
For those posters (one especially) who want Tucker to go, who do you want to replace him? As not many to chose from ? 

I actually do agree from a neutral pov Talbot have been in gradual decline and haven’t been the team they once were. If we go back a few years to the Pollok v Talbot match that ended 3-3. Talbot v 9 men for 30 odd minutes would have been a disaster, however that team lacked the creativity to open us up. Too used to playing direct to Wilson and playing off seconds and this level has moved on a bit from that now. 

1 minute ago, superpollok said:

For those posters (one especially) who want Tucker to go, who do you want to replace him? As not many to chose from ? 

I actually do agree from a neutral pov Talbot have been in gradual decline and haven’t been the team they once were. If we go back a few years to the Pollok v Talbot match that ended 3-3. Talbot v 9 men for 30 odd minutes would have been a disaster, however that team lacked the creativity to open us up. Too used to playing direct to Wilson and playing off seconds and this level has moved on a bit from that now. 

Stewart Davidson doing a good job at Largs. Gavin Friels, Darren Henderson  just off the top of my head.

Crying out for a Chris Strain type whos constantly on at his players from the first minute. 

Not everyones cup of tea but the guys a winner.

5 minutes ago, superpollok said:

That was an absolute freak match that I've not seen the likes of before or since.

We still went and beat Hamilton Accies, won two cups and should have won the league and got ourselves promoted that season but ran out of steam in the last quarter.

I think we had a fantastic side before COVID. Some of the key players were of an age where such a long lay off more or less ended them at the level they had been at (Pewee, Whitey, Pope, Lyle to name a couple).  

Post covid we didn't really replace any of the older guys with the same level of quality and we've been on a steady downward trajectory since, and obviously this current rebuild we're going through isn't plain sailing.

We've been through a few spells under Tucker where things have been stale and predictable and he's always rebuilt well. Eight league games into one of the biggest challenges he's faced isn't the time to be replacing him. 

As a Pollok fan you'll be as aware as anyone of the dangers of chopping and changing management all the time. 

39 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Stewart Davidson doing a good job at Largs. Gavin Friels, Darren Henderson  just off the top of my head.

Crying out for a Chris Strain type whos constantly on at his players from the first minute. 

Not everyones cup of tea but the guys a winner.

A winner eh?

What's Tucker?

Edited by jimbaxters

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

What you on about Hertha? 

He can have his and I can have mine. There's room for both. That's how conversation works.

Nah you just seem to think you're some sort of godfather on here and try and shout everyone down.  

You don't even get to games............. 

4 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Nah you just seem to think you're some sort of godfather on here and try and shout everyone down.  

You don't even get to games............. 

You really are a silly man. I seem to occupy your thoughts quite regularly. It's a woman you're needing.

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

You really are a silly man. I seem to occupy your thoughts quite regularly. It's a woman you're needing.

Your impudence towards Hertha will likely earn you SEVERAL red dots. For the love of god man think of how upsetting that will be for you. 

It’s a difficult scenario when you have had so much success with Tommy-an unbelievable record and a really good guy.

i understand the feelings of frustration and disappointment as Auchinleck have set such high standards but be wary of knee jerk reactions.I think allow the side some time to regroup and rebuild -you won’t get relegated but need a refresh for next season. 

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

It’s a difficult scenario when you have had so much success with Tommy-an unbelievable record and a really good guy.

i understand the feelings of frustration and disappointment as Auchinleck have set such high standards but be wary of knee jerk reactions.I think allow the side some time to regroup and rebuild -you won’t get relegated but need a refresh for next season. 

I believe the resources is there to turn it around. We have time on our side, but time can sometimes fly by. I dont think its time for tucker to go, like some others are saying. But it is time to see some action, could be foing with couple more experienced players in there to help out. I would be really surprised if they arent looking just now.

5 hours ago, Shanner said:

That was an absolute freak match that I've not seen the likes of before or since.

We still went and beat Hamilton Accies, won two cups and should have won the league and got ourselves promoted that season but ran out of steam in the last quarter.

I think we had a fantastic side before COVID. Some of the key players were of an age where such a long lay off more or less ended them at the level they had been at (Pewee, Whitey, Pope, Lyle to name a couple).  

Post covid we didn't really replace any of the older guys with the same level of quality and we've been on a steady downward trajectory since, and obviously this current rebuild we're going through isn't plain sailing.

We've been through a few spells under Tucker where things have been stale and predictable and he's always rebuilt well. Eight league games into one of the biggest challenges he's faced isn't the time to be replacing him. 

As a Pollok fan you'll be as aware as anyone of the dangers of chopping and changing management all the time. 

I am not sure if chopping and changing is the problem we had, more just terrible appointments. 

That’s why I asked about who would be Talbots alternative as if people want rid of Tucker then there isn’t many/ any around with a better record.

What Pollok have seen directly after Sneddon was poor appointments. Sinnett to try and win the Scottish, Willie Irvine which was more about money he could bring with him, and some belief about access to pro youth players, Richardson who was never going to work due to his history.

Then under the manager who is at Darvel we did have some stability, initially, however he was allowed too much control at the club, too close to too many people and when it was obvious his time was up, we didn’t react soon enough. 
Murdie was really only about continuity. 
Maxi, time will tell, but he certainly has rebuilt the squad to a decent level which we were crying out for. Some mistakes this season, but seems to be learning. 

So if Talbot went for another manager at this level, I don’t see a Henderson, Friels etc being the quality of Tucker. Strain has won at Beith, but at the same time Kilwinning wasn’t all plain sailing. 
The natural successor for Talbot you would have thought would have been a player who played under a Tucker for a while and is doing well cutting their teeth at other clubs, but that doesn’t seem to be working. Butch, didn’t work at Beith, Gormley was ok at Broomhill then Kilwinning was a disaster, was it Pope who left a lower league club the other week. 
Spencer didn’t work at Meadow either. 

1 hour ago, superpollok said:

I am not sure if chopping and changing is the problem we had, more just terrible appointments. 

That’s why I asked about who would be Talbots alternative as if people want rid of Tucker then there isn’t many/ any around with a better record.

What Pollok have seen directly after Sneddon was poor appointments. Sinnett to try and win the Scottish, Willie Irvine which was more about money he could bring with him, and some belief about access to pro youth players, Richardson who was never going to work due to his history.

Then under the manager who is at Darvel we did have some stability, initially, however he was allowed too much control at the club, too close to too many people and when it was obvious his time was up, we didn’t react soon enough. 
Murdie was really only about continuity. 
Maxi, time will tell, but he certainly has rebuilt the squad to a decent level which we were crying out for. Some mistakes this season, but seems to be learning. 

So if Talbot went for another manager at this level, I don’t see a Henderson, Friels etc being the quality of Tucker. Strain has won at Beith, but at the same time Kilwinning wasn’t all plain sailing. 
The natural successor for Talbot you would have thought would have been a player who played under a Tucker for a while and is doing well cutting their teeth at other clubs, but that doesn’t seem to be working. Butch, didn’t work at Beith, Gormley was ok at Broomhill then Kilwinning was a disaster, was it Pope who left a lower league club the other week. 
Spencer didn’t work at Meadow either. 

That's an excellent post by the way however the manager you couldn't name got you guys to your first Scottish cup final since your  win at fir Park against tayport in 1997 and got your club into its  most recent Scottish cup final that was 29/5/16 and were only beaten on penalties. 

I know Tony isn't and wasn't everyone's cup of tea but it's fine margins. 

Tucker should and wul get tae Christmas. 
Cumnock is a big geme for obvious reasons but the pressure is oan this weekend. I think we beat Medda 5 times 2 year back. We canny afford tae fall to for behun. We’ve signed 4 o that team as well. Need a win.