Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

23 hours ago, Shanner said:

Nelly at RB still seems weird AF. Just so accustomed to seeing him at CB. I'm always a fan of players being used in their natural positions to get the best from them, which for him is 100% in central defence. 

Gareth Armstrong was signed as a full back. 

Gareth played right back and was good there for Troon.The Talbot management team played him in midfield beside Hyslop and he was very good there.Together they were excellent in the middle of the park.Just my opinion fwiw

On 08/01/2024 at 19:23, Shanner said:

I think that could fairly be said for most of the teams this year. Nobody is absolutely head and shoulders better than the rest and sprinting away with it and there are a lot of decent teams with little between them quality wise, I'd say we're pretty much where we deserve to be in the table and the better sides would still be too good for us if they were on their game.  

Yep agreed-we can be excellent on our day but have been plagued by inconsistency and yet again a failure to win the key games which can make all the difference to a season.I think the title race is boiling down to Clydebank Beith and Darvel 

Wouldn't write off St Cadocs for the title, they've sneaked up to the top like we did last year. Way too early to call anyway - we've got 18 games to play, could go great could go badly

23 hours ago, 11TH MAY 1991 said:

Fingers crossed for a four figure attendance tomorrow......

870 ish I think. Seemed to be decent contingent from Ayrshire so well done. Not a huge difference between the teams but thought our passing and movement were tidier and the winning goal was magnificent. Always a hard game and very happy with that result. Now do us a favour next week

32 minutes ago, southerner said:

First league defeat since August and straight back publicly criticising players !!! 

Hes not the best shall we say.

Wont come off his line at set pieces and good strike though it was today no decent keeper should be getting beat by a shot from that distance. 

Also Euan Thomson starting before Smith & Glasgow beggars belief as does Aiden Wilson starting before Schoneville .

First League defeat in a while granted but we're a poor team with too many mediocre players and we're starting games with these players instead of starting with your best 11.

Edited by andy25

7 minutes ago, southerner said:

First league defeat since August and straight back publicly criticising players !!! 

Im entitled to my opinion Hugh .

Are you happy with what your watching?

3 hours ago, andy25 said:

Im entitled to my opinion Hugh .

Are you happy with what you’re watching?

You are entitled to your opinion I just don’t like the personal targeting and would it be done if we won? But that’s just me maybe as it’s a free country 😀Couldn’t make it today unfortunately, think we are improving as the season is going, thought we scored good goals last week and some of our football looking better, today sounds a tight game against a team top of the league so fine lines. Think this about consolidation hopefully win a cup and strengthen in the summer again, we should never be stopping looking for players to improve though.

Edited by southerner
Adding

33 minutes ago, andy25 said:

and good strike though it was today no decent keeper should be getting beat by a shot from that distance. 

Thats harsh ... i dont think many keepers would have kept that out ... sometimes you must need to admit it was a peach.

1 hour ago, andy25 said:

Hes not the best shall we say.

Wont come off his line at set pieces and good strike though it was today no decent keeper should be getting beat by a shot from that distance. 

Also Euan Thomson starting before Smith & Glasgow beggars belief as does Aiden Wilson starting before Schoneville .

First League defeat in a while granted but we're a poor team with too many mediocre players and we're starting games with these players instead of starting with your best 11.

I agree with all of this apart from the goalkeeper criticism 

Edited by Talbot supporter

Abed been really positive in both of his appearances against Vale of Leven today. Really positive getting forward and got a good few crosses in to the box. Means Neill can play in his natural position too.

Felt today that we took far too long to make changes. Smith and Glasgow should have been on much sooner.

1 hour ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:

Abed been really positive in both of his appearances against Vale of Leven today. Really positive getting forward and got a good few crosses in to the box. Means Neill can play in his natural position too.

Felt today that we took far too long to make changes. Smith and Glasgow should have been on much sooner.

Smith and Glasgow should not be on the bench