Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

Good 2nd half against pollok , the refs were horrendous though, thought Ross Smith and Mick Wardrope were brilliant,  this is the Wardrope we need to turn up every week , good player just needs the consistency.

On 03/05/2024 at 15:35, andy25 said:

Talbot need a permanent goalkeeper not a loan goalkeeper.

I'm not going to pretend i know much about his position at Kilmarnock but meant it could be up for debate as to whether we would look to making that loan move a permanent one. I'd be very surprised if tucker & alan hasnt been on the look out for another GK if a permanent move wasnt possible. Mind you, the boy is still very young and clearly improving, killie will probably want to keep him on their books for a wee while yet. 

On 03/05/2024 at 18:13, Vanderbilt said:

He’s done nothing in the games against Clydebank.Looked slow and ponderous.

Can’t be that bad given the goals he’s scored 🤷‍♂️

Done nothing apart from fire his team too the title….helluva take that is

No matter wot happens nxt two games now,,, really happy with this season even tho no trophies. Would nvr of thought we would be top 3/4 come the end with how we started. Ali boyle poty for me but special mention to mcpherson who played out of position to cover us not havin a rb… Big kyle deserves to be in with a shout aswell transformed us when we came in…

12 hours ago, botlad said:

No matter wot happens nxt two games now,,, really happy with this season even tho no trophies. Would nvr of thought we would be top 3/4 come the end with how we started. Ali boyle poty for me but special mention to mcpherson who played out of position to cover us not havin a rb… Big kyle deserves to be in with a shout aswell transformed us when we came in…

Neil Slooves for me

16 hours ago, botlad said:

Heard a few folk mention Ali Boyle on other social media and i would be hard pushed to disagree. I like the look of the young lad Luke Gillies too, a few of these boys are well worth the holding on to. We have something to build on and can see us progressing well

Neil McPherson for me the club were in a bit of turmoil at the beginning of the season and clubs making him offers that must have been tempting, he stayed showed loyalty and really held us together getting the new boys to understand what it’s like playing for Talbot. The signing of Glasgow a turning point for me

57 minutes ago, southerner said:

Neil McPherson for me the club were in a bit of turmoil at the beginning of the season and clubs making him offers that must have been tempting, he stayed showed loyalty and really held us together getting the new boys to understand what it’s like playing for Talbot. The signing of Glasgow a turning point for me

Id say this is the poorest season McPhersons had .Not entirely his fault though as hes never a right back in a million years.

Played in his proper position he's the best centre half in the league.

4 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Neil Slooves for me

Slooves was excellent most of the season the last couple of months hes been pretty poor.

1 hour ago, andy25 said:

Id say this is the poorest season McPhersons had .Not entirely his fault though as hes never a right back in a million years.

Your a harsh man 😀 

On 06/05/2024 at 11:39, southerner said:

Wardrope singing a new deal an excellent piece of business by the club. Big part of the plans for next season.

What are his attributes? I wasn't convinced by him when he was at Kilwinning and then he bounced about quite a few other clubs but he seems to have found a good level of consistency at Talbot.

13 minutes ago, energyzone said:

What are his attributes? I wasn't convinced by him when he was at Kilwinning and then he bounced about quite a few other clubs but he seems to have found a good level of consistency at Talbot.

Very good in the final 3rd, final ball in key areas and a good eye for goal 

6 hours ago, andy25 said:

Agree with second part…. first part i think shows u yhe standards he has set himself… hes been good this season but u think one of his poorer….i hope hes here for another ten years