Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

42 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Should probably have been a few more going by that 

Darvel came close once or twice in the first half but I reckon we were well worth at least a two goal win. It's always nice to get the first game won but especially so when the next few fixtures look so hard. 

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Darvel came close once or twice in the first half but I reckon we were well worth at least a two goal win. It's always nice to get the first game won but especially so when the next few fixtures look so hard. 

You don't catch a breather. It's going to be relentless 

13 hours ago, allyg1977 said:

Talbot to beat cup double winners is a good start better start than last season looking at the highlights didn't seem to be much Darvel support now on to the new money men team 

That term could refer to about 6 teams in the premier league!

8 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Craig McCracken on transfer list.

Was surprised he signed a new deal. Will always be remembered for the goal against Ayr. More or less had a full season out the game last season. All the best to him wherever he ends up 

1 minute ago, southerner said:

Was surprised he signed a new deal. Will always be remembered for the goal against Ayr. More or less had a full season out the game last season. All the best to him wherever he ends up 

Yip was surprised he got a new deal as well.

Too injury prone now but best wishes to him wherever he ends up.

1 hour ago, andy25 said:

Craig McCracken on transfer list.

For me still the best defender in the league, closely followed by McPherson.  At 28 could still have another 5 years in him.  If Syme went for £15k plus £3k and to me not at the same level as McCracken, then McCracken surely needs to be £20k plus? I wouldn’t be surprised to see higher leagues looking at him.   

3 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

For me still the best defender in the league, closely followed by McPherson.  At 28 could still have another 5 years in him.  If Syme went for £15k plus £3k and to me not at the same level as McCracken, then McCracken surely needs to be £20k plus? I wouldn’t be surprised to see higher leagues looking at him.   

Too injury prone now.

McPherson and McCracken are the epitome of the whole being greater than the sum of the parts. Brilliant partnership built by two good footballers but not players at the level I see attributed on this thread. 

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Little bit. That's why so many at the elite level are installing [brand name] hybrid grass.

Assuming you know a hybrid pitch is totally different to a plastic pitch? 

Cumnock’s new plastic pitch, the same as Livingston’s, is a system that is over 12 years old when you look at it.   It is not new technology.   

when you see photos, videos or even talbots pitch in person, there is simply no argument or comparison for playing on plastic.  Grass all day.  With the SPL going grass only next season, I’m hoping spfl will follow on soon for the health of players and the quality of the product on the park.