Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

4 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

In fairness though a few of you have said so without actually saying so. I hereby include you in that few.

I literally said I didn't want him to leave or be moved on so you can go ahead and uninclude me.

1 minute ago, ATFC said:

I literally said I didn't want him to leave or be moved on so you can go ahead and uninclude me.

I will look for the post.....

Found it. Right ok you're unincluded then. Whatever!

Edited by jimbaxters

3 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I will look for the post.....

Found it. Right ok you're unincluded then. Whatever!

As far as I could see it's just Andy25. Personally I disagree with him about changing management but he's not entirely wrong about the performances over the last while which have all to often been honking. 

Obviously we're looking at a fairly new team with young players and Rome wasn't built in a day, etc. but we definitely need to improve on what we're producing. I'm sure that's something the management and players know very well anyway. 

1 minute ago, ATFC said:

As far as I could see it's just Andy25. Personally I disagree with him about changing management but he's not entirely wrong about the performances over the last while which have all to often been honking. 

Obviously we're looking at a fairly new team with young players and Rome wasn't built in a day, etc. but we definitely need to improve on what we're producing. I'm sure that's something the management and players know very well anyway. 

Seems eminently fair. Again, the thoughts of those watching the team weekly are important in this but to witness a rare Talbot defeat and instantly revert to thinking Tucker should go is silly at best but essentially entitled twaddle.

4 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Seems eminently fair. Again, the thoughts of those watching the team weekly are important in this but to witness a rare Talbot defeat and instantly revert to thinking Tucker should go is silly at best but essentially entitled twaddle.

I honestly think people who want that are in a tiny minority. 

Only Tucker will decide when his time is up. Still got full backing of support. We've still got a young fresh team who will improve. Still had a better start than last season. Yes, the few goals were shipping are school boy errors. The problem I have is that we're not scoring nearly enough goals. We're creating plenty chances but not converting enough of them. 

3 minutes ago, BC63 said:

Only Tucker will decide when his time is up. Still got full backing of support. We've still got a young fresh team who will improve. Still had a better start than last season. Yes, the few goals were shipping are school boy errors. The problem I have is that we're not scoring nearly enough goals. We're creating plenty chances but not converting enough of them. 

Aye when I quoted the season stats I was surprised to see only +9 as the goal difference.

16 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

What do we think the chances of beating Albion Rovers are? Surely if Talbot click they can win this tie!

Tie is there to be won, but to click we need horses for courses and unfortunately I think it will be another mad mental starting line up.

20 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

What do we think the chances of beating Albion Rovers are? Surely if Talbot click they can win this tie!

Kilwinning beat them 3-0 last season and I don't think Rovers are any better than they were at that point.

2 hours ago, ATFC said:

8/13 for Talbot. There's no way we should be as short as that in reality.

Not when you take into account the post above yours citing the Kilwinning result against them. Also they're not setting any heather on fire this season either. This is one Talbot should be bossing...if they're on it.

13 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Not when you take into account the post above yours citing the Kilwinning result against them. Also they're not setting any heather on fire this season either. This is one Talbot should be bossing...if they're on it.

If we're using results from a year ago as defining factors then I could point you in the direction of Talbot's trip to St Andrews. 

41 minutes ago, ATFC said:

If we're using results from a year ago as defining factors then I could point you in the direction of Talbot's trip to St Andrews. 

Or three weeks ago in the SJC. 

Past results are really the only gauge against teams from a different league. IMO the odds are a bit slimmer than they could be but would definitely put Talbot as favourites.

But then I am 19th out of 23 in the predictor league so...

Just now, jimbaxters said:

I suppose but they have to spread the love.

I get that, however, they generally have picked real close decent games at this stage in the past few seasons involving the likes of Talbot, Clydebank, Pollok & Darvel. Tonight will be a landslide I feel, which I don't think makes good viewing for the neutral.    

2 minutes ago, DanMan said:

I get that, however, they generally have picked real close decent games at this stage in the past few seasons involving the likes of Talbot, Clydebank, Pollok & Darvel. Tonight will be a landslide I feel, which I don't think makes good viewing for the neutral.    

Aye you're right. Still if you take a look at the Scottish Cup thread it seems to have created a real buzz in Dalkeith. Nice for them to have a wee moment in the sun. Hopefully they hold their own.