Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

Cant see Troon doing us much favours never know though, just got to concentrate on our own games
Should never have been in the position of having to rely on other teams. You can't see Talbot winning their 4 games anyway.
As an aside Lewis Crawford looks a decent player on his brief appearances. A right back that can defend and likes to get forward and get crosses in.

18 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Think we are at cross purposes here.

I was talking about the Benburb goal, when the ball went in, the linesman put his flag up.
Then linesman walked onto the pitch to chat with the referee about the ball off the Bens players hand and the referee said he saw it but no way could the player do anything when its kneed off hsi hand with the Talbot players knee beside the Bens players body.

Don't know when the penalty shout was, was it second half ? as I was down at the Clubhouse end

It was a couple of minutes before the Benburb equaliser. Talbot were pressing at the edge of the Benburb box. A Talbot player fired a shot and it hit the Benburb players arm. Folk around me all shouted for it and asked the linesman why he didn’t give it. He said he buzzed the ref i.e. he thought it was a penalty but the play wasn’t stopped and there was no debate between the linesman or the referee. Referees and linesman make mistakes and miss things but if they see things happening, pick them up and then don’t mhak decisions questions have to be asked. I think that was what Alan McCluckie was talking to the ref about at the end. It was a clear penalty according to the laws of the game. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

Should never have been in the position of having to rely on other teams. You can't see Talbot winning their 4 games anyway.
As an aside Lewis Crawford looks a decent player on his brief appearances. A right back that can defend and likes to get forward and get crosses in.
Think we have fecked it unfortunately, unless Darvel slip up but cant see it

5 hours ago, Rugbyroader said:

It was a couple of minutes before the Benburb equaliser. Talbot were pressing at the edge of the Benburb box. A Talbot player fired a shot and it hit the Benburb players arm. Folk around me all shouted for it and asked the linesman why he didn’t give it. He said he buzzed the ref i.e. he thought it was a penalty but the play wasn’t stopped and there was no debate between the linesman or the referee. Referees and linesman make mistakes and miss things but if they see things happening, pick them up and don’t made decisions questions have to be asked. I think that was what Alan McCluckie was talking to the ref about at the end. It was a clear penalty according to the laws of the game. 

I never seen it at the Benburb penalty area as I was at the clubhouse end so I have to go what you say, however the interesting thing was at the Benburb first goal, the linesman flagged and the referee beckoned the linesman so they walked towards each other on the park away from the fans and had a conversation regarding the goal and the referee then gave it after consulting with the linesman. This is the sort of thing I want to see more of, the Referee consulting the linesman to make sure the correct decision is made, how many times has this not happened at this level where the referee thinks he rules the roost even over his helping linesman.  Did this not happen with the Auchinleck penalty claim ?

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

2 hours ago, andy25 said:

He won’t start Andy , Stafford will play 

15 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I never seen it at the Benburb penalty area as I was at the clubhouse end so I have to go what you say, however the interesting thing was at the Benburb first goal, the linesman flagged and the referee beckoned the linesman so they walked towards each other on the park away from the fans and had a conversation regarding the goal and the referee then gave it after consulting with the linesman. This is the sort of thing I want to see more of, the Referee consulting the linesman to make sure the correct decision is made, how many times has this not happened at this level where the referee thinks he rules the roost even over his helping linesman.  Did this not happen with the Auchinleck penalty claim ?

There was no conversation. If there was the referee would have had to give a penalty. It’s a difficult job but if a lineman buzzes to inidcate he has seen an offence then the referee should speak to him. The linesman thought it was a penalty hence why he buzzed so why wasn’t it given? No way you’d have got back into the game at 3-1 down with 10 men.  There was another strange decision fir a foul on Wardrope just outside the box. A Talbot player got a shot away after it if but if the referee deemed that an advantage he should have pulled the play back as it wasn’t. Everyone around me thought that was going to happen but it didn’t. 

Another poor decision. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

Are there highlights of this game available?

2 hours ago, Rugbyroader said:

The linesman thought it was a penalty hence why he buzzed so why wasn’t it given? 

here was another strange decision fir a foul on Wardrope just outside the box. A Talbot player got a shot away after it if but if the referee deemed that an advantage he should have pulled the play back as it wasn’t. Everyone around me thought that was going to happen but it didn’t. 

Because the referee is in charge, not the assistant (hence the name). 

That doesn't make any sense - if the referee deems it as an advantage why on earth would he pull it back? 

Edited by Ginaro

2 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Because the referee is charge, not the assistant (hence the name). 

That doesn't make any sense - if the referee deems it as an advantage why on earth would he pull it back? 

Sorry hold placed on the highlights will be up as soon as possible 👍

Looks like we will be in a battle on Saturday as my research shows that Sauchie look like being a decent side. They beat Fraserburgh in the Scottish and have Troon, Linlithgow and East Kilbride's scalp in the Challenge Cup.

8 hours ago, Rugbyroader said:

There was no conversation. If there was the referee would have had to give a penalty. It’s a difficult job but if a lineman buzzes to inidcate he has seen an offence then the referee should speak to him. The linesman thought it was a penalty hence why he buzzed so why wasn’t it given? No way you’d have got back into the game at 3-1 down with 10 men.  There was another strange decision fir a foul on Wardrope just outside the box. A Talbot player got a shot away after it if but if the referee deemed that an advantage he should have pulled the play back as it wasn’t. Everyone around me thought that was going to happen but it didn’t

Another poor decision. 

I am after saying I didn't see it but i remember the commotion and the shot being taken.  But the referee did speak to the linesman during the Benburb goal to both go over what they saw and think.

I'm sure I will stand corrected but i think the rules state the referee can play advantage and then bring it back unless the team seeking advantage manage to get a shot off at goal.

Anyone elaborate and confirm this is true or not ?

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

22 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Because the referee is in charge, not the assistant (hence the name). 

Just because a player gets a shot away after a foul doesn’t mean there was an advantage. It was a clear foul and the ref should have given it but he didn’t. The only reason we could think of was he thought there was an advantage but there definitely wasn’t. You can pull back for a foul if there was no advantage. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

14 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

Looks like we will be in a battle on Saturday as my research shows that Sauchie look like being a decent side. They beat Fraserburgh in the Scottish and have Troon, Linlithgow and East Kilbride's scalp in the Challenge Cup.

We have no chance, let’s see what we get Tomorrow against Rossvale too, another random team line up or will we play our strongest team 

2 hours ago, Botlad67 said:

We have no chance, let’s see what we get Tomorrow against Rossvale too, another random team line up or will we play our strongest team 

Given your constant moaning/whining/complaining (whatever you want to call it), with the squad we have? Name your strongest starting 11. 1-11

1 hour ago, botlad said:

Given your constant moaning/whining/complaining (whatever you want to call it), with the squad we have? Name your strongest starting 11. 1-11

Leishman, 

Armstrong McPherson Mckraken Crawford 

Glasgow wardrope hyslop boylan

wilson Samson