Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

10 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

Not a great game tonight but a win , Talbot dominated most of it could have been 5nil had we took our chances, don't think Hurlford had a shot on goal ?

That was our best performance there since we beat them 5-0 in late 2019. Its normally a place we struggle and we battered them

2 hours ago, andy25 said:

Nice to win a cup but that just papers over the cracks.

The performances this season have been very poor with a couple of exceptions.

Recruitment this summer needs to be a lot better than the last 2 years.

We need someone in the mold of big pee wee, Talbot have struggled in that area, he was important part of Talbot's structure, a striker in the class of Gormley wouldn't go a miss either, though I'm aware players of that calibre don't grow on trees 

3 hours ago, andy25 said:

Nice to win a cup but that just papers over the cracks.

The performances this season have been very poor with a couple of exceptions.

Recruitment this summer needs to be a lot better than the last 2 years.

What's the couple of exceptions that u mention oh we win a cup get to the 4th round of the Scottish Cup and finish 2nd in the league to be fair that's not bad a season with a team u seem to put down every week but hey u think u can get better players  do a better job than tucker like I have said before to u u take over and let's see what ur record would be and let's see what players u can bring in I have heard Messi is available and half the chelsea team so what do u want Andy ur choice ur always slating the club 

27 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

What's the couple of exceptions that u mention oh we win a cup get to the 4th round of the Scottish Cup and finish 2nd in the league to be fair that's not bad a season with a team u seem to put down every week but hey u think u can get better players  do a better job than tucker like I have said before to u u take over and let's see what ur record would be and let's see what players u can bring in I have heard Messi is available and half the chelsea team so what do u want Andy ur choice ur always slating the club 

For me we haven't played great this season but as you say we have won a cup and where the league Is concerned if it wasn't for the 3 games a week for 2 weeks solid there it might have been different, results have picked up again since the games got more spaced out again as the players were shattered, I dont think we are far away as a squad a few players in at key areas needed. 

1 hour ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

We need someone in the mold of big pee wee, Talbot have struggled in that area, he was important part of Talbot's structure, a striker in the class of Gormley wouldn't go a miss either, though I'm aware players of that calibre don't grow on trees 

Gormley , pee wee and pope all in their prime and we are sorted 😂

Talbot in decline finish second in this tough league two years in a row and win another trophy this season. Been some rough times this season and a difficult fixture list, hope we keep who we need to keep and strengthen to win this league next season.

Edited by southerner
Word change

1 minute ago, southerner said:

Talbot in decline finish second in this tough league two years in a row and win another trophy this season. Been some rough times this season and a difficult fixture list, hope we keep who we need to keep and strengthen to win this league next season.

I would say Talbot being runners up says more about the standard of the rest of the league than anything else. 

You're not going to win the League re-signing the likes of Aiden Wilson.

Aiden Wilson will do fine at Talbot. How many players has Tucker signed through the years that took time to become Talbot class? White, Pope, Butch, Leishman to name but a few. 

As a follower of the WOSL when I'm not watching my big team I'm curious as to why Talbot have seemed to have lost a bit of their mojo the past couple of seasons.

Is it because you've lost some key players and not replaced them like for like?.

Have other teams in the League  got better and are closing the gap (or in the case of Darvel being bankrolled)?or has too much emphasis been put on getting licenced and the costs involved?.

Always enjoyed my trips down to Bechwood.

57 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Pretty much this.

Lyle, White, Hyslop, and Pope for starters. 

Think you have to include the financial expectations players have now since darvel started flinging money about. 

1 hour ago, fb4 said:

Think you have to include the financial expectations players have now since darvel started flinging money about. 

Darvel's carry on has certainly turned a few players heads.