Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

3 hours ago, patriot1 said:

Will Talbots current from affect the travelling support this weekend?

what sort of numbers do you think will come through on Saturday?

I personally cant make game but thats due to work. I have heard that social club and a supporters club are sharing a bus up. Normally you would expect them to take a bus each.  I would put most of that down to recent form. Also when you look around the terraces, its an aging fan base with not as many young blood coming through as other clubs seem to manage to attract. Even with good form i would expect a natural decline in numbers over the next few years and beyond unless they can do something to start getting more young ones through the gate. But to answer your question - if i had to guess probably 100-150 at most.

4 hours ago, patriot1 said:

Will Talbots current from affect the travelling support this weekend?

what sort of numbers do you think will come through on Saturday?

I think the holiday weekend, ayr gold cup and the cost of the buses is more a reason that crowds will be effected. Still will have a better away support than most teams have home support.

11 minutes ago, fieldsofdreams said:

I think the holiday weekend, ayr gold cup and the cost of the buses is more a reason that crowds will be effected. Still will have a better away support than most teams have home support.

Buses are a fortune, could well be the biggest factor.  Supporters clubs now more than ever praying for home ties in the cups. One quote i heard through the grapevine for this weekend was just over a grand.  Thats a sign of the times unfortunately

1 hour ago, fieldsofdreams said:

To be fair, think that's a given that Talbot will have a better away support than most.  The price of buses now are huge and effects every team at this level, so it goes to stand, still expect Talbot support to be way bigger than most.   I think the junior Fa will supply £190 /£200 towards the travelling costs of the club, someone can correct me on this, so hopefully Talbot can arrange a good deal with their local coaches that they have used in the past. Actually hopefully the teams travelling far, can arrange good deals. 👍

2 hours ago, fieldsofdreams said:

Price of buses are eye watering but you hit it on the head about the holidays and racing

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

To be fair, think that's a given that Talbot will have a better away support than most.  The price of buses now are huge and effects every team at this level, so it goes to stand, still expect Talbot support to be way bigger than most.   I think the junior Fa will supply £190 /£200 towards the travelling costs of the club, someone can correct me on this, so hopefully Talbot can arrange a good deal with their local coaches that they have used in the past. Actually hopefully the teams travelling far, can arrange good deals. 👍

Thanks for the info guys.

Why would the junior FA subsidise Talbots bus for a SFA tournament?

2 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Thanks for the info guys.

Why would the junior FA subsidise Talbots bus for a SFA tournament?

They supply monies to teams who are travelling far.
its the same as the SFA, for the same distance they will pay £500 to £600 costs, again someone can confirm exactly price per distance.

Teams could go bust having to pay out £900/£1000 or more for coaches just for the team bus and even £200/£260 for the junior FA doesn't put a dent in it and if your drawn away again.  Organized, well run clubs like Talbot with big fan bases wont really feel it but smaller clubs do

1 minute ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

They supply monies to teams who are travelling far.
its the same as the SFA, for the same distance they will pay £500 to £600 costs, again someone can confirm exactly price per distance.

Teams could go bust having to pay out £900/£1000 or more for coaches just for the team bus and even £200/£260 for the junior FA doesn't put a dent in it and if your drawn away again.  Organized, well run clubs like Talbot with big fan bases wont really feel it but smaller clubs do

Sorry I may have misunderstood you.

I thought you were saying that the junior FA we’re contributing towards your bus for St Andrews.

Hopefully Talbots share of the gate will more than cover their bus🤞

38 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Sorry I may have misunderstood you.

I thought you were saying that the junior FA we’re contributing towards your bus for St Andrews.

Hopefully Talbots share of the gate will more than cover their bus🤞

Yeah the Junior FA pass travelling expense to away clubs playing in the junior cup

The same as the SFA for teams playing in the Scottish Cup.
Normally a coach from Glasgow to Aberdeen normally costs about £900 to £1100 and in the junior FA, they supply money towards the costs of expenses about £220 and the SFA, think its £600.  Fees are worked out by distances.  It helps clubs but with juniors being all in the first couple of rounds a smaller club can get two away ties straight away and could cost them a couple of grand and only get £400 odd but for clubs like Talbot, Pollok, Beith Clydebank etc.., some big and some good fan bases then they are well organized and can deal with it.  I'm sure Talbot can get brilliant deals from a coach company due to the size of their fan base, personally at this level, I cant think of a fan base with a bigger away support?.  Obviously here might be a charge for fans on the coaches but that's norm  👍

3 minutes ago, tyson1909 said:

Anybody at the game on saturday there tell me who played in the back 4? I know we didnt concede but just wondered how they played. Been chop n change back there this season and if the boy shoneville gets back soon i'm hoping he can provide a bit more consistency. 

Schoneville's strength is his overlapping runs from the left full back position. That's his game, he continually bombed forward for us. If you're looking for a left back to hold his position and not occasionally get caught out of position, then Scott is not that man, as his natural game is to push on and join the attacks.

12 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Schoneville's strength is his overlapping runs from the left full back position. That's his game, he continually bombed forward for us. If you're looking for a left back to hold his position and not occasionally get caught out of position, then Scott is not that man, as his natural game is to push on and join the attacks.

That's pretty much what he was doing when he was injured. He was looking the part as an attacking threat and I'm looking forward to seeing more of him soon. 

13 minutes ago, glensmad said:

He'll never fit in to the "lump it forward and  batter defences "" style that Talbot play then! 😁

2 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

He'll never fit in to the "lump it forward and  batter defences "" style that Talbot play then! 😁

Talbot have had lots of good overlapping fullbacks over the years. I'd say no successful Talbot side has been without at least one. 

19 minutes ago, glensmad said:

To be honest i'd be happy with that.

38 minutes ago, Shanner said:

That's pretty much what he was doing when he was injured. He was looking the part as an attacking threat and I'm looking forward to seeing more of him soon. 

Didnt see much of him but looked to offer something different. Could be a much appreciated addition to the starting 11. Somebody that can create something. Been unfortunate with injuries etc this year so far, here's hoping luck will change and we can get on a wee run. Boys need a wee lft just now. Hopefully a wee win this weekend. Once again i'll miss this weeks game but i'll be nipping out to check the phone for latest result.