Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

37 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Jamie Glasgow confirmed.

Should never have been sold in the first place.

Asked the club to leave for which we got a good fee, we won a cup last season, but not in a good place this season. This might be the bounce we need and bring in a couple of the injured players due back we get hopefully turn a corner.

1 minute ago, southerner said:

Asked the club to leave for which we got a good fee, we won a cup last season, but not in a good place this season. This might be the bounce we need and bring in a couple of the injured players due back we get hopefully turn a corner.

Need to start pruning the squad thats 25 i think.

Very good signing for Talbot. Not surprised they spent a bit of money to try and sort out where they are at the minute as not many players on a free would be a solution. 

While you haven’t been keeping clean sheets it does look like small margins that have resulted in dropped points. Glasgow should make a big difference to that. And happy to see him leave Darvel. 

2 hours ago, Fabi said:

What age is Glasgow ?

Probably late 6th Century, or thereabouts, Roland.

Didnae get a Burgh Charter until the 1170s though.

Blooming cooncil. Too busy working on the Newlandsfield capacity just tae annoy big Franco and his enormous ego.

That last bit might well be NOT a FACT tbqfhwy. LOL.

Edited by Black Pennel
Clartiness.

Go to bed early and miss all the news. Well this should put an extra spring in my step walking in the bank end gate today. Although i still hope more is to come, its a good step in the right diection. Never doubted the club was working away behind the scenes to fix things but worry was starting to creep in.  Let's hope we can start turning the corner with an important good result today and get this season and rebuild back on track. More to do but now we see some action being taken it takes a little weight off the mind.

6 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Probably late 6th Century, or thereabouts, Roland.

Didnae get a Burgh Charter until the 1170s though.

Blooming cooncil. Too busy working on the Newlandsfield capacity just tae annoy big Franco and his enormous ego.

That last bit might well be NOT a FACT tbqfhwy. LOL.

I asked for that! 

20 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

Defo feels like a must win today 😂

The pressure is certainly on. I hope with the introduction of Glasgow, somebody that can take the ball further up the pitch, it may take some of the pressure off the defence. It doesnt matter how good a defence you are, if the ball is constantly coming straight back at you non stop all the time, eventually you will crack. With schoneville due back, big craig nearly fit again and the 2 big neils, i feel the defence will sort itself out. But they need something in front of them. Glasgow is a good signing, hopefully another wee signing of the same quality could really get us going. Your right though, today feels like such a huge game but for all the wrong reasons but a MASSIVE game all the same

31 minutes ago, tyson1909 said:

The pressure is certainly on. I hope with the introduction of Glasgow, somebody that can take the ball further up the pitch, it may take some of the pressure off the defence. It doesnt matter how good a defence you are, if the ball is constantly coming straight back at you non stop all the time, eventually you will crack. With schoneville due back, big craig nearly fit again and the 2 big neils, i feel the defence will sort itself out. But they need something in front of them. Glasgow is a good signing, hopefully another wee signing of the same quality could really get us going. Your right though, today feels like such a huge game but for all the wrong reasons but a MASSIVE game all the same

I agree with most of that however will Glasgow get any minutes today? How fit is he as he never played much at Darvel, might take him a few games to get going. Still a good signing though

10 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

I agree with most of that however will Glasgow get any minutes today? How fit is he as he never played much at Darvel, might take him a few games to get going. Still a good signing though

Your right enough. I'm sure he would still have been training though.... unless he was on one of his numerous holidays 🤣we'll not be long finding out. I would be surprised if he's starting 11 but surely we'll see him at some point. Knowing tucker, he'll probably only get the last few minutes 🤣

4 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Good player Jamie but did very little for us , in fact looked like he would rather be anywhere else than darvel , but best of luck back to him at Talbot 

Said it at the time Darvel were determined to sign a Talbot player to make a statement. 

Comfortable win for Talbot. Expected more of a pumping after the first 2 minutes.

Disappointed we didn’t really lay a glove on them, although still can’t for the life of me understand how Slooves got away with the last man foul as Lambert was through on goal.

Edited by .Stuart.

We desperately needed that result today. With several weeks of cup games coming up and no scope to pick up any points it would have been grim to be stuck to the bottom of the league. 

It was good to see Glasgow straight into the side and scoring, and having McCracken back in our defence is just as big a boost. 

7 hours ago, southerner said:

Said it at the time Darvel were determined to sign a Talbot player to make a statement. 

Kennedy stalked him, signed him then ran away, took other Darvel players with him but not Jamie. Not surprised his heart wasn't in it. 

Good to hear he's back. Hope the boy enjoys his football again.