Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

44 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

Decent away win but just our luck with injuries,  did that no happen to another new signing at the start of the season think he was just back last week.

Yep Schoneville (sp,) in a friendly and then McCracken after about half an hour of our first league game. 

2 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Question has probably been asked before, with all these cup games would it no be better to have some midweek league games the now so we aren't playing catch up again at end of season ?

Fixtures are fine at the moment. Be better playing on a Saturday and get some revenue through the gate. I'm sure the WOSL have learned by their mistakes from last year. Hopefully we get a fixture on the 25th November and the 23rd December.

2 hours ago, beaver watch said:

Fixtures are fine at the moment. Be better playing on a Saturday and get some revenue through the gate. I'm sure the WOSL have learned by their mistakes from last year. Hopefully we get a fixture on the 25th November and the 23rd December.

I know but that's when you start to get frost etc

2 hours ago, beaver watch said:

I don't think any fixtures are being scheduled for 23rd December unless clubs specifically request them. There will be fixtures on 30th December.

Talbot were due to play Largs Thistle in the league on 25th November, but that is postponed now to accomodate the Largs Thistle v Johnstone Burgh tie in the WoSFL Cup. Talbot's 3rd round opponents have still to be decided, so Kennie may find a league match for that date, otherwise Talbot will be idle.

11 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Question has probably been asked before, with all these cup games would it no be better to have some midweek league games the now so we aren't playing catch up again at end of season ?

Clubs have played 3 or 4 games more than this time last season so things should be ok, there's 28 Saturdays left with 21 league games plus three cups for Talbot to be played.

On 25/10/2023 at 13:01, fieldsofdreams said:

Hoping for another win on bounce as we look to climb the table. Things definitely looking up however it would be good to see team climb positions in the league so all the "doom and gloom" isn't hanging over us. 

I am still confident of a fairly high finish in the league.  

Now thats some of the cup games out the way i'll be glad to get back to league business with a few wins under our belts and hopefully take some of that confidence into match  against rob roy.  Think we got 1pt out 6 against them last year, hopefully return the favour and start climbing the table

People were quick to criticise Tucker and the board for not spending money.  The committee and management should be thanked massively when you look across to the statement Darvel have just put out.  Live within your means, have long term vision and don’t try and keep up with the joneses.  The level of spending versus  certain clubs fan bases is wholly unsustainable, when the sugar daddies have enough then the clubs are left in serious trouble.  

43 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Has anyone been hurt by these? They're commonplace on the continent.

There's a degree of risk attached to using them - inhaling god knows what, burning your hand, that sort of thing.

They can damage plastic playing surfaces.

Personally I don't have that strong an opinion either way about them but I'm not sure how having a ticket will stop weans letting these off. 

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

There's a degree of risk attached to using them - inhaling god knows what, burning your hand, that sort of thing.

They can damage plastic playing surfaces.

Personally I don't have that strong an opinion either way about them but I'm not sure how having a ticket will stop weans letting these off. 

That's true re the plastic pitch damage I suppose.

I only caught the second half but that looked like a good solid performance with lots of energy and variety in our attacking play. 

We obviously need to finish more of the chances we carve out or we'll drop points we shouldn't as opponents are always liable to nick something. 

Some improvement since the St Andrews shitshow.