Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

3 hours ago, beaver watch said:

A number of us have said it, but you really don't need to try hard to score against Talbot. The first and third goals were comic cut.  The substitution of Ross Smith was brutal as he was playing well. Tarek Abed proved why he should be right back, and why was Andy Kerr playing right mid when he's left sided? 

The amount of chances we missed was criminal, but all credit to the Lossie boys they decided to give it a go and it paid off. On this show I'm expecting a defeat next week, and at Largs.  It will be interesting to see the starting line up next week and who's dropped.

1971 was the last time we lost a match in the opening couple of rounds in the Scottish. It's the first time we have lost to a North side in the cup at Beechwood so yes it was a monumental defeat. 

The Scottish 😂😂😂

Been trying to think of worse results in terms of the gap between the respective teams but nothing really comes close. 

It would probably have stung more a few years ago when this trophy was the peak of what we could realistically win but it still nips badly even in the diet version we play in now. There have been far more gutting results in recent history though - losing to Shotts in the Junior Cup final and f**king up the league from a 2-goal lead at Cumnock remain the neck and neck leaders for me and I hope they are never surpassed!

Incidentally, we reacted to both of those disappointments with outstanding seasons so it's not like this has to define the entire campaign and I'd be expecting a positive reaction in the coming weeks and months. 

24 minutes ago, ATFC said:

Been trying to think of worse results in terms of the gap between the respective teams but nothing really comes close. 

It would probably have stung more a few years ago when this trophy was the peak of what we could realistically win but it still nips badly even in the diet version we play in now. There have been far more gutting results in recent history though - losing to Shotts in the Junior Cup final and f**king up the league from a 2-goal lead at Cumnock remain the neck and neck leaders for me and I hope they are never surpassed!

Incidentally, we reacted to both of those disappointments with outstanding seasons so it's not like this has to define the entire campaign and I'd be expecting a positive reaction in the coming weeks and months. 

Worst result in all the time I've been following Talbot and probably the worst result ever.

From my time following this level of football this is up there with the biggest upsets I have seen. Aberdeen were not as strong of favourites against Darvel as Talbot were 1/100 at the weekend. 

That said as painful as it will be for Talbot fans there has been a lot of credit shown to their fans and club on social media over their praise and congratulations shown to Lossiemouth. 

Talbot have had their fair share of fairy tales such as Ayr Utd, Hamilton and even there "almost" game against Hearts. This time the giant killing was roles reserved and I dare say you just need to take your medicine and get on with it. 

There is no doubt gloating and trolling from many on here however that probably shows how high they rank Talbot as a club when they take great pleasure in seeing them "fail" 

Could this early exit come back and bite the other clubs in title race. For as long as I can remember Talbot were the team that always had massive pile backlogs, in recent years Pollok, Clydebank and Beith have had sole focus on the league. I personally wouldn't be surprised to see a "shock" exit from current leaders in the league in view of Talbot not having a long Scottish Junior Cup run. This will be a concern to them. 

1 hour ago, leaguereformer said:

From my time following this level of football this is up there with the biggest upsets I have seen. Aberdeen were not as strong of favourites against Darvel as Talbot were 1/100 at the weekend. 

That said as painful as it will be for Talbot fans there has been a lot of credit shown to their fans and club on social media over their praise and congratulations shown to Lossiemouth. 

Talbot have had their fair share of fairy tales such as Ayr Utd, Hamilton and even there "almost" game against Hearts. This time the giant killing was roles reserved and I dare say you just need to take your medicine and get on with it. 

There is no doubt gloating and trolling from many on here however that probably shows how high they rank Talbot as a club when they take great pleasure in seeing them "fail" 

Could this early exit come back and bite the other clubs in title race. For as long as I can remember Talbot were the team that always had massive pile backlogs, in recent years Pollok, Clydebank and Beith have had sole focus on the league. I personally wouldn't be surprised to see a "shock" exit from current leaders in the league in view of Talbot not having a long Scottish Junior Cup run. This will be a concern to them. 

Still waiting on the answer to what ones of getting beat by Annan, Spartans, Stirling Uni, Formatine, Beith, Pollok or Auchinleck in the last 3 years was an upset.

2 minutes ago, clansman said:

Still waiting on the answer to what ones of getting beat by Annan, Spartans, Stirling Uni, Formatine, Beith, Pollok or Auchinleck in the last 3 years was an upset.

I will be expecting a long cup run from the bankies in south challenge and west then. Can they compete on multiple fronts? 

Senior Scottish is a bonus for all teams (so not one to judge on) and can just be luck of draw which in fairness you couldn't of got a better draw to progress to next round. 

17 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

I will be expecting a long cup run from the bankies in south challenge and west then. Can they compete on multiple fronts? 

Senior Scottish is a bonus for all teams (so not one to judge on) and can just be luck of draw which in fairness you couldn't of got a better draw to progress to next round. 

You do know this is a Talbot thread?

2 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

In the absence of any acknowledgement of previous shocks which you have suggested  as a pattern, you are suggesting these shocks will be engineered then i.e. Clydebank will deliberately thrown games because Auchinleck got knocked out the Scottish Junior Cup.

Edited by clansman

10 minutes ago, clansman said:

In the absence of any acknowledgement of previous shocks which you have suggested  as a pattern, you are suggesting these shocks will be engineered then i.e. Clydebank will deliberately thrown games because Auchinleck got knocked out the Scottish Junior Cup.

I think they will, desperation has kicked in Bankies have went all out this season. I don't think they could afford not to win the league.

3 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

I think they will, desperation has kicked in Bankies have went all out this season. I don't think they could afford not to win the league.

Hahahhaha honestly, i get youre rattled that you got put out your cup, but seriously, have a word with yourself, all these players are on multi year deals. 

20 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

wonder when the desperation will kick in at Beechwood? probably should have at half time on Saturday