Can You Tell Where It Is Yet?

23 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I've struggled with this one and given up. It's pretty smooth and heavily grazed, and very grassy. The path is maintained. I can see something jaggy near the shore in the centre of the picture, but I can't think what it might be. I tried a couple of film locations with no luck so I think I'll need a clue.

I went round a few Scottish hill forts but there's an awful lot of them.

Edited by welshbairn

6 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I knew that one, I think it's the only place in the UK where a public road crosses a runway.

It's one of these airports where you think you're crashing into the sea just before you land.

1 hour ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:
18 hours ago, GordonS said:
BTW, this one's not as difficult as it might appear. If I say that it's Scotland, it should be easy to guess from a zoom-in.

Looking across Loch Long to Coulport

https://earth.google.com/web/@56.0387764,-4.9130554,89.76563742a,0d,60y,7.95909816h,80.19695522t,0r/data=IjAKLEFGMVFpcFBMeHpqVmlWVnNMZ3lMMW4yQnZ3QTlCdjVFWlhWenVJdVRxQkNtEAU

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

I am surprised you haven't solved that puzzle of mine on page 26.  I would have thought that plaque of mine would have made it very easy.

Oh well.  That is a turnip for the books.

Actually, when I think about it, you should be able to solve my puzzle on page 27 as well.

24 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

I am surprised you haven't solved that puzzle of mine on page 26.  I would have thought that plaque of mine would have made it very easy.

Oh well.  That is a turnip for the books.

Actually, when I think about it, you should be able to solve my puzzle on page 27 as well.

I can't make out any of the plaque at all. 

Is turnip a clue?

The post office one is currently driving me crazy - I must have looked at half the post offices in rural Scotland so far.

35 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I can't make out any of the plaque at all. 

Is turnip a clue?

The post office one is currently driving me crazy - I must have looked at half the post offices in rural Scotland so far.

Turnip is a clue.

The post office itself is not a clue.

My puzzles today are all clues

Watson 09.jpg

7 hours ago, Duszek said:

1.png

That brings back foul memories from about 5 years ago in winter. I got into a friend of a friend's car pished one Friday night and ended up at a house party in that village. I had to get back to Edinburgh to study for an exam on Monday. I had no idea where I was. Hitched a lift to Leadhills. Waited 3 hours for a bus and read about every gravestone in the cemetery. Spewed. Bus to Lanark with some random nutcase who was an extra in the Highlander movie. Got a train to Carluke. Fell asleep and then wandered onto train back to Lanark. Got back to Carluke. Spewed outside chippy. 2 hours later got train to Edinburgh finally at some godforsaken hour. 

It looks like a desolate and wind swept place. I'm sure its lovely in the spring though.