All time points totals in the Premier era

6 hours ago, tree house tam said:

He's remembered for getting us into Europe lads and being an SPL hero of course....

An SPL heroes compilation with the thumbnail showing the subject playing in the First Division. Lovely stuff. 

8 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

That video has us picking up points gradually in the 90s. Odd. 

I had a look at that. The totals are spot on when you put the pointer at the end of any season when the team in question were actually playing in the Premier. The points we're picking up during the 90s are just building up to the total being right at the end of 2000/01.

It's skewed against sleeping giants like us who won more in the 2 points for a win era. If they'd used 2 points for a win for the whole chart we'd have 58 points more than St Johnstone. 3 points for a win for the whole period would give us 88 points more than them.

2 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

It's skewed against sleeping giants like us who won more in the 2 points for a win era. If they'd used 2 points for a win for the whole chart we'd have 58 points more than St Johnstone. 3 points for a win for the whole period would give us 88 points more than them.

And if your auntie had balls she’d be your uncle. At the end of the day St Mirren have been nothing but an irrelevance my entire lifetime, scrabbling about for 11th place or playing in the first division. That’s all there is to it.

And if your auntie had balls she’d be your uncle. At the end of the day St Mirren have been nothing but an irrelevance my entire lifetime, scrabbling about for 11th place or playing in the first division. That’s all there is to it.
Amen, Brother.

St Mirren haven't finished above 7th in the top flight since 1985.

1977/78 to 1987/88 a true golden era as they finish 3rd, 4th, then 5th 3 times. Average position over 10 years? 6th. With one Scottish Cup victory.

St Johnstone in the last 10 years? 3rd, then 3 4th placed finishes, and 2 6th. Average position over 10 years? 6th. With one Scottish Cup victory.

So all I'm saying is that St Mirren fans are just bitter as f**k their successes came before they were born, and are long gone, while St Johnstone fans are currently living through theirs.

If St Johnstone get handed a 6th placed finish this season, then our "golden era" officially surpasses St Mirrens.

Here endeth the lesson.

Edited by RandomGuy.

29 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

At the end of the day St Mirren have been nothing but an irrelevance my entire lifetime, scrabbling about for 11th place or playing in the first division. That’s all there is to it.

That really says more about you than it does about us to be fair.

6 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Enjoy your purple patch. You'll be third tier fodder again within the lifetime of most forum users.

Do "purple patches" last 15 years?

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Do "purple patches" last 15 years?

15? You were in the championship (first division as it was) a decade ago, and in that intervening time you've finished top 6 just over half that time.

St Johnstone have certainly "punched above their weight" and should be applauded for doing so, but let's not over egg this pudding. ;)

Edited by Ric

Just now, Ric said:

15? You were in the championship (first division as it was) a decade ago, and in that intervening time you've finished top 6 just over half that time.

St Johnstone have certainly "punched above their weight" and should be applauded for doing so, but let's not over egg this pudding. ;)

Been on an upward trajectory since then, IMO.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Been on an upward trajectory since then, IMO.

I see no "you know Ric, you are right, I over stated the case".. ;)

As for upward trajectory, if you count the last 5 years it most definitely is not.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

I see no "you know Ric, you are right, I over stated the case".. ;)

As for upward trajectory, if you count the last 5 years it most definitely is not.

Last 3 seasons: 8th, then 7th, then 6th* this season.

Is that not an upwards trajectory?

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Last 3 seasons: 8th, then 7th, then 6th* this season.

Is that not an upwards trajectory?

:lol:

So, just to confirm, you were incorrect about the 15 year figure, and when the last 5 years were put to you, you've desperately try to twist it to the last 2 plus an unfinished league in order to grasp at a straw that is just out of your reach?

Aye, whatever. You need to admit when you've been feeding a line you know.. ;)

Going by your logic, we are on an equally meteoric rise.

Edited by Ric

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

St Johnstone would be nowhere today without Derek Mcinnes and I think they know it.

I would suggest the same for Aberdeen, although I'll leave that up to decide whether that is a compliment or not.