Scottish championship team of the year /BBC picker

On 01/05/2020 at 18:20, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Ah. 3-1 up and cruising. Henk comes on, we lose two goals and need penalties to win. Just checked the game details and we had McAllister and Grant at centre back that day and that, somehow, was a far more solid defence partnership than anything including Van Schaik.

Quite easily the worst signing Morton have ever made.

The £15,000 of real, actual money to sign Tony Wallace begs to differ; as does the time when John McCormack contrived to sign the 'wrong' Mark/Marc McCulloch in 2004 and brought in some puffing mess from Arbroath instead of Ross County's decent left back. 

Just now, virginton said:

The £15,000 of real, actual money to sign Tony Wallace begs to differ; as does the time when John McCormack contrived to sign the 'wrong' Mark/Marc McCulloch in 2004 and brought in some puffing mess from Arbroath instead of Ross County's decent left back. 

How was John McCormack in general for Morton? (I assume shite - but in comparison with Morton managers since?) Big what if for Dundee if we'd kept him instead of appointing Jocky (Who done a tremendous job) but seems like he's been an absolute train wreck ever since.

Good at taking some genuine attacking talent that the club invested in to make an exciting team; bad at spotting the need to sign real, actual defenders in autumn 2003 to no longer have to win games 4-3 and 6-4 every other week. His failure to spot the dire need to improve a lower Second Division standard defence was the real cause of the collapse during the 03/04 season; then when he added defenders to the squad that summer they were utter shite (Stuart McCluskey and the aforementioned wrong McCulloch).

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 00:24, virginton said:

As useless as Tony Wallace was he did at least look like a footballer.. albeit a Junior player. He scored a couple of goals and we managed to win some games with him on the park. We spent actual, real money to sign Henk, he cost us two victories, and then we paid him off.

That's an absolute appalling effort.

Dorrans should be nowhere near that team.

Only Shankland and Smith should be in it from United. Maybe Appere.

Chick Young picked this, didn't he?

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

That's an absolute appalling effort.

Dorrans should be nowhere near that team.

Only Shankland and Smith should be in it from United. Maybe Appere.

Chick Young picked this, didn't he?

That's the most selected team I believe.

It's basically a game of cram every United player in, Dorrans is a huge name so we'll stick him in, aw wee Forrest, James' brother, throw him in.

Just now, Speroni*1 said:

It's basically a game of cram every United player in, Dorrans is a huge name so we'll stick him in, aw wee Forrest, James' brother, throw him in.

Sounds like it. Looks like the sort of team Chick Young would pick.

Don’t get your point on Forrest tbh. Yes he’s got a brother that plays for Celtic but his inclusion is definitely justified.

I am however baffled by Dorrans making it into people’s teams. Pretty average tbh.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Don’t get your point on Forrest tbh. Yes he’s got a brother that plays for Celtic but his inclusion is definitely justified.

I am however baffled by Dorrans making it into people’s teams. Pretty average tbh.

A team picked by people that venture onto the BBC website and vote on this is likely to pick Forrest regardless of his actual performances was my point. Fairly straightforward point to get tbh.

12 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

A team picked by people that venture onto the BBC website and vote on this is likely to pick Forrest regardless of his actual performances was my point. Fairly straightforward point to get tbh.

Forrest is the leagues top scoring midfielder, easily makes team of the year. 

4 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Forrest is the leagues top scoring midfielder, easily makes team of the year. 

Strange why Ayr fans are getting touchy over this.

The point I made had nothing to do with whether or not he deserves to be in the team of the year. It was the fact that the winning vote on the BBC site would have a huge amount voting that pay more attention to name recognition and the fact United won the title so must automatically include.

Strange why Ayr fans are getting touchy over this.
The point I made had nothing to do with whether or not he deserves to be in the team of the year. It was the fact that the winning vote on the BBC site would have a huge amount voting that pay more attention to name recognition and the fact United won the title so must automatically include.

The difference being that a lot of the Dundee Utd players picked don’t justify their inclusion whereas Forrest does. I think most of the people picking a team will be aware of how good Forrest was. He’s played in this league before and people weren’t putting him in the TOTY just because he’s got a familiar surname.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

The difference being that a lot of the Dundee Utd players picked don’t justify their inclusion whereas Forrest does. I think most of the people picking a team will be aware of how good Forrest was. He’s played in this league before and people weren’t putting him in the TOTY just because he’s got a familiar surname.

So you're saying the same people that included the likes of Robson & Dorrans in their team had a keen eye on Forrest and included him due to his amazing ability? Mon to f**k eh.

So you're saying the same people that included the likes of Robson & Dorrans in their team had a keen eye on Forrest and included him due to his amazing ability? Mon to f**k eh.

No I’m saying that people picking their teams are likely aware that he’s the top scoring midfielder in the league and as such gets picked.

As a side note anyone picking Jamie Robson over Danny Harvie, Carl Tremarco, Kevin Holt or Jordan Marshall needs their fucking head examined.

I said before I’m baffled by Dorrans inclusion but he’s not necessarily been poor. Just sort of meh but with the career he’s had you’d expect him to stand out in games. Did nothing more than recycle possession whenever I saw him.