What WOSFL club do you follow?

Kirky Rob Roy would be my team - but I am a very late adopter despite being brought up in the area and returning to the area to settle down.

When I grew up I defaulted to an Old Firm team, partly because I couldn't get my head around the different grades of football, and because of my background it was more accessible to support a senior team. However whilst I haven't stopped being an OF fan (for my sins), my primary allegiance is switching to my local team - which started essentially when I noticed the development of the football pyramid involving the now WoSFL teams. If that hadn't happened, I don't think Id have taken a serious interest in KRR.

Again partly because of by background, I really only go to Scotland games, and haven't been to an OF game in years now. But once KRR hopefully return to the town I'm hoping to attend games there on a regular basis (real life commitments notwithstanding).

2 hours ago, Pareidolia said:

Kirky Rob Roy would be my team - but I am a very late adopter despite being brought up in the area and returning to the area to settle down.

When I grew up I defaulted to an Old Firm team, partly because I couldn't get my head around the different grades of football, and because of my background it was more accessible to support a senior team. However whilst I haven't stopped being an OF fan (for my sins), my primary allegiance is switching to my local team - which started essentially when I noticed the development of the football pyramid involving the now WoSFL teams. If that hadn't happened, I don't think Id have taken a serious interest in KRR.

Again partly because of by background, I really only go to Scotland games, and haven't been to an OF game in years now. But once KRR hopefully return to the town I'm hoping to attend games there on a regular basis (real life commitments notwithstanding).

Welcome back robroyguy

Mon the papers

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

Welcome back robroyguy

Mon the papers

Assuming you are insinuating that I'm a past or existing member, you're sadly (or happily?) mistaken. I've been lurking on here via tapatalk (until it stopped working of course) since the pandemic basically, but decided to put my head above the parapet...

Last September I was maybe a month or so from pitching up somewhere near an Ayrshire town or village side and figured on adopting the nearest as 'my' team, combined with a bit of groundhopping when they were away. 

Then Truss happened and the mortgage offer went considerably south. Perhaps I dodged a bullet. 

Instead I'm just putting the finishing touches to a semi-knackered Ford Transit, so now seeking a club that wants overnight security in return for free parking and entry to home games. I'll pay a few quid for some leccy and use of the showers.

Can also do a shift in goals if you're desperate for a fifty-something myopic, but it's been a while.........  

You usually support the team your old man supports, remember going to Talbot games late70s early 80s just about when we started winning things, however my dad didn't get to see the glory years, after following them all his life, mostly when we were keech, sadly he died a month before Talbot lifted the Scottish at Hampden, if only he held on for another month.

4 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

You usually support the team your old man supports, remember going to Talbot games late70s early 80s just about when we started winning things, however my dad didn't get to see the glory years, after following them all his life, mostly when we were keech, sadly he died a month before Talbot lifted the Scottish at Hampden, if only he held on for another month.

Wow that's sad m8 I am grateful my papa was the groundsman in the 80s and he got me into talbot I remember the days during the school holidays just to help him do the park 

Whenever I can, I like to catch a Troon game if it doesn't clash with Ayr games. From the town originally so technically they are my 'local'. Would be great to see them progress in years to come although there are certainly many better equipped sides ahead of them.

Im quite partial to Talbot. 

Nah in all seriousness started following Clydebank as a 5 year old, saw guys like Davie Cooper and Ken Eadie playing for the team, it was incredible, my old man took me along, with him not being well it was our thing to do together. 

Duraglit, I know with my kid now starting to follow the Bankies that if the same thing happened with us, the rest of my days were just mediocrity and my boy grows up and gets to see them winning everything then i’d be delighted with that, im sure your old man would be happy you’ve been able to keep your support of your club going on and seeing them win stuff. 

6 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Nah in all seriousness started following Clydebank as a 5 year old, saw guys like Davie Cooper and Ken Eadie playing for the team, it was incredible, my old man took me along, with him not being well it was our thing to do together. 

Duraglit, I know with my kid now starting to follow the Bankies that if the same thing happened with us, the rest of my days were just mediocrity and my boy grows up and gets to see them winning everything then i’d be delighted with that, im sure your old man would be happy you’ve been able to keep your support of your club going on and seeing them win stuff. 

👏👏👏👏👏

I got properly into non league football when I lived in the East, so when I moved back to this side of the country I finally started going to see my local team Vale of Leven. Ended up getting myself involved after following home and away for a couple of years. Glad I did, nothing beats it.

On 03/05/2023 at 23:41, allyg1977 said:

Wow that's sad m8 I am grateful my papa was the groundsman in the 80s and he got me into talbot I remember the days during the school holidays just to help him do the park 

Think it must of been your papa, that used to chase us off the park, can remember his vocabulary was a lesson you would remember, with a few knew words picked up, lol 😉

On 04/05/2023 at 15:37, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Thanks for the kind words pal, boy were you lucky to have seen Davie Cooper, play for your team, most underrated player ever, he could keep a beach ball off you in a telephone box. I respect the rivalry between our two teams, but in all honesty both Clydebank and Talbot, would enhance a few tiers above where we are now, and hopefully in a few years we will be meeting in league two, having worked our way up this pyramid.

Moved to Burnside 6 years ago and followed Cambuslang Rangers ever since. Never a dull moment at Somervell and they really need stability around the club. An injection of cash wouldn't go a miss to upgrade the changing rooms and ground as a whole. One can dream! 

10 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

Moved to Burnside 6 years ago and followed Cambuslang Rangers ever since. Never a dull moment at Somervell and they really need stability around the club. An injection of cash wouldn't go a miss to upgrade the changing rooms and ground as a whole. One can dream! 

Burnside is in Rutherglen, by the way. 😉

3 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Burnside is in Rutherglen, by the way. 😉

Haha I actually do attend your games at times too if the wife has the motor and I need to walk. Aslong as I see a game mate that's all that matters to me on a Saturday.

36 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

Haha I actually do attend your games at times too if the wife has the motor and I need to walk. Aslong as I see a game mate that's all that matters to me on a Saturday.

Make sure you introduce yourself to me next time. 👍