Conquering Britain & Ireland

Right, so Magni - or Íþróttafélagið Magni Greinvik to give them their full name. Come from a bit of Iceland with 400 people in it, and play in a stadium which seats 360 people. 

One of the oldest teams in Iceland apparently, and have spent their existence winning f**k all.

7uM7Z3g.png

Big job on my hands here.

League is 12 teams, play each other twice  and top 2 go up.

Meet the Team

4 stars is good player for the Icelandic First Division, 3 is decent player for same.

zXshREa.png

So, we look pretty good up front. I only play one up front, so 3 good options is plenty. Off to a good start.

Or35Msm.png

These are decent enough players, but a serious lack of depth. Need to work on that, but the basis of a decent attack. 

J5vXVdO.png

Oh for fucks sake.

0AuLBxZ.png

The horrorshow continues.

u6xsCcI.png

And the cherry on top.

Loads of work needing done here. The attack looks pretty good, but lacks depth, but midfield, defence and goalkeeper are a total rabble. 

Transfer Window, Season 2043

I have no idea how the transfer windows in Iceland work, but I'm about to play my first game in the league cup, so figured that was as good a time as any. Been a load of players in, no-one out. 

Zvj5059.png

The first guy was signed before I arrived, but 8 players in - need to hope that they gel quickly, but should do the business.

First up, Craig Reaney, a 25 year old centre midfielder. All of his professional games up to now have been in the 6th tier of English football, but he should be fine.

Spoiler

Rc1jy2H.png

Greg Stewart is next, a centre half who's played at a similar level mostly. Good physical stats, and looks basically fine on the other stuff too. An upgrade on what we had before.

Spoiler

wupycSt.png

Nqobile Nyoni will be my new left back.  He's Zimbabwe's most capped every player, and he looks pretty good. He's retiring at the end of the season, so that's a bit of a bummer, but will do for the season and hopefully help us to promotion.

Spoiler

2CToKaW.png

On the other side will be Granit Dodaj. He has an Albania cap, and looks pretty good. He's young as well, so plenty of time to develop.

Spoiler

8ZxBNoi.png

Nuri Dincer will be joining Reaney in centre mid, and I think he's the best of the players I've brought in. He was playing in the Swedish top flight prior to signing for me, so should stroll it at this level.

Spoiler

7x2ITEn.png

Adam Kelly is here to be my first choice goalkeeper, and is a significant improvement on what I had. Pretty pleased with him.

Spoiler

0YBNbXw.png

Mamadi Soumah is retiring at the end of June, which I didn't realise when I signed him, but he'll be one of my main centre halves until then. Another very experienced international, which will be handy, and he should do well.

Spoiler

nonWl2E.png

Last up, Steve Smith, an attacking midifleder who can also fill in at centre midfield and up front. He's young so can improve, but not great at the minute. Still, he's good enough for the league I'm in presently, and will hopefully get better.

Spoiler

pWMO8QP.png

League Cup 2043

h1PnIJn.png

Well, we did ok. Didn't really click until the final game, but we weren't humiliated or anything like that.

YmDWCNE.png

The League Cup seems to be the season opener in Iceland, and is all done before the league season starts. 4 groups of 6, with the top team going into the semi final. Breidablik, Fjolnir and HK are in the top flight, while Keflavik and Grindavik are in our division., so we did ok

League campaign starts in a month.

May 2043

Before getting to the fixtures, had a couple more signings on deadline day. 

1ofIyhq.png

First up, Shaun Clarkston. He's a centre half, and will be my replacement for Soumah when he retires shortly. Looks ok, although him getting nowhere near the Cowdenbeath first team doesn't inspire huge amounts of confidence...

Spoiler

TDc50A3.png

Other one was Farai Machaya. He can play on either wing, and won't be first choice for either but can provide a bit of depth and looks fine in that regard.

Spoiler

1XuwBWH.png

Y5UG80e.png

A solid, if unspectacular, start. Unbeaten in the league, and got through a round in the cup before being put out by a top flight side.

We should have beaten Grindavik, should have lost to IR and were comfortable against Leikner F, so all good overall.

WyX9TtK.png

Early days, but we're doing ok. Only the league to focus on now, so hopefully we can go up.

June 2043

PMPOUnl.png

Mixed. Couple of really crap results in the middle, but decent ones at the start and end.

The Por game pissed me right off. We went down to 10 men at 0-0, then went 2-0 up before conceding 3 in the last 10 minutes. Farcical.

Made up for it by pumping Kordrengir silly, though.

dnq1gLf.png

Not doing too badly. Por look like they'll run away with it, but second place is still very much up for grabs.

That has to be the target.

July 2043

HLLFZdl.png

Couple more signings in the July transfer window - Pereira has been playing a bit already, the other 2 haven't.

Marcelo Pereira will be my starting right winger, although he can fill in in a couple of other positions which is handy. Very quick, decent technique and a bit of flair. Seems to be a lazy b*****d, but I suppose if he wasn't then he wouldn't be turning up in the Icelandic second tier.

Spoiler

cVjT6e7.png

Gustas Paukste will be my main striker. He can finish, dribble and has a good first touch and his movement looks pretty decent so I'm hopeful that he'll be able to get a fair amount of goals. 

Spoiler

dkEtU8B.png

Ryan O'Halloran gives me a good bit of depth in centre midfield now, and looks a good player. More defensively minded than any of my other midfielders, and can pass as well, so should do a good job.

Spoiler

XdOEZ1B.png

JbOjeDy.png

Good month - although the Grindavik game was a bit of a bummer. 

Marcelo Pereira has scored in every game since he's signed - 5 in 4 games. Been an incredible signing so far.

hYlhBwc.png

As predicted, Por are running away with it. We've managed to get ourselves into second, although Keflavik have a game in hand.

8 games to go.

August 2043

lPG2ATM.png

Fantastic month. Lucky to get away with a draw at Fylkir, but we absolutely strolled the rest of the games, including against top side Por.

12OLKIM.png

Speaking of Por, they seem absolutely determined to throw it away.. 3 losses in a row, including at home to (then) bottom side IR.

We're 4 points ahead in 2nd, so we should be able to see it out from here, especially with the form we're in. We play Leiknir R. at home as well.

September 2043

6iCAA7Y.png

Well, we weren't great in the last few games - a win against a really shite side to round the season off was good, but we weren't good enough in the 2 games before that.

Eb4iohW.png

Still, we've limped over the line and made it up in second place.

gtM4Dfa.png

Target achieved. Now for 5 months off...

24 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

The board must have thought you were taking the piss when you applied for that job. Just won the EPL and you then want to go to the Icelandic second tier.

I actually thought it was fairly cheeky of them to insist upon interviewing me.

Transfer Window 2044

ODXT02P.png

sKHoVcs.png

5FsQ9FM.png

Load of players out - mostly just guys providing depth, apart from Nyoni who was first choice, but he was retiring anyway.

Still, so many guys leaving I need a fair few bodies in.

rhBr6re.png

uHFIKHc.png

Not as many as I'd have liked, but (mostly) of decent quality.

We'll start with Rhys Stewart - He'll be playing as an attacking midfielder for me, but can also play in centre mid and looks good. Flair is always nice, him and Pereira on right wing will hopefully give us a good bit of creativity.

Spoiler

xzAbMox.png

Justin Crockett comes in to replace Nyoni at left back, and looks like an upgrade. He's a fairly attacking full back, which is what I want, so that's good. 

Spoiler

ydI9a0m.png

Simon Smith is here to provide cover at left back and centre back. He'll be fine in that role.

Spoiler

SBVnlo5.png

Egill Asgeirsson will be my first choice striker, and should be good. He'll be one of 2 Icelandic players playing regularly for me, which is nice. Finishing isn't great, but the rest is good, and he can fill in at attacking midfield or on the wings if I need him to. 

Spoiler

hR4vknK.png

Thierno Traore is here entirely because my first choice right back absolutely loves a suspension. He'll only play when Dodaj can't.

Spoiler

47TrWPP.png

I've still got a while of the transfer window left, so hopefully be a few more coming in to bulk out the squad.

League Cup 2044

Xfw59Ej.png

Well, we started pretty well - IA came 5th in the top flight, so a draw against them was ok, and beating a shite Afturelding side was expected but pleasing nonetheless.

It all fell to absolute shite after that though. KR are a good team, so wasn't too fussed about that, but we should not have lost to the other two teams. Really poor stuff.

Gc6gP7Z.png

A month to go until the league campaign, and I'll need to sort myself out in order to do anything. 

Oh, and they'll be no more signings - realised I've already spent all my budget and the clubs finances are...

Z3br1jK.png

We'll say wobbly.

May 2044

QMiwm9d.png

Cup exit aside, it's all going pretty well so far. We'd a last minute winner disallowed against Vikingur, and my right back absolutely gifted HK their equaliser, so could have been better

Still, unbeaten in the league. No bad, especially considering how shite we were in the League Cup.

vi1QUxe.png

June 2044

zslQOOE.png

That Stjarnan game was a disgrace - 5 minutes in we were 1-0 up and they went down to 10 men. How we failed to win from there was baffling.

Rest of the month was mixed, but we're still doing pretty well overall.

i4e4TeA.png

Top as things stand, but I'd be surprised if Vikingur and, especially, KR don't go ahead of us with their games in hand.

July 2044

8cATuIT.png

A good month. We should have beaten Grotta as well, but never took our chances.

Ran up our goal difference a fair bit as well, which could be handy.

PITLFIw.png

We play KR, Vikingur and Stjarnan next month - so could be a huge month in terms of the title.

I'm not expecting to win the thing, but it's been a solid first season up (barring a complete collapse)

August 2044

98KUel3.png

Under normal circumstances, I think that'd be a decent enough month - but that loss against IA and failing to beat Stjarnan and KR has absolutely done us in if we're trying to win the league.

647Baxd.png

KR won the Cup, so I think that 4th should get us into europe. 

We're not winning the league though. 11 points off with 12 to play for.

September 2044

hWk4jp1.png

Season sort of fizzled out. Mostly sneaking wins against absolute dross, and then we had 10 men for almost the whole game against KA and got pumped. Oh well, season was over by then anyway.

YVYiuya.png

13 points off top - we only lost one more game than KR did, so we need to turn draws into wins next season to make up that gap.

Still...

Yx2CWKl.png

That's always nice. Will be right in the middle of our season and I would think we'll lose early doors, but still

Transfer Window, 2045

2iNayMr.png

y0KGaEL.png

Players out first - no first team regulars in there, so not fussed at all. Magnusson routinely moaned about not playing, got told to leave and then backed down which is annoying so pretty happy he's away.

Now the players in...

zYyKqT7.pngBM5kZTd.png

We'll start with Ogilvie, a 26 year old centre half. He looks good enough, and certainly an improvement on what I had last season.

Spoiler

zAhgnDa.png

Kiko Caravante looks pretty good - he better be given I spent a club record 50 grand on him. Good technical ability, can cover a couple of positions and good teamwork.

Spoiler

IqlP2oT.png

Hallfredsson is another centre half, and can also play at both full back positions. He looks good, and we're looking pretty decent at the back now.

Spoiler

Kso7KK6.png

Benedito Cruz is another I spent actual money on, so hopefully he works out. He's here to be my first choice goalkeeper, and is an upgrade on Kelly who I've had for the last 2 seasons. 

Spoiler

p8K3job.png

Liam Kelly is here to play left wing. It was my one remaining weak spot, although my old left winger scored a fair bit, but I'm hoping he'll be an upgrade. 

Spoiler

JyG3YBt.png

That's it so far - I'm really hopeful that this squad can win the league this year. Getting extremely fed up of having like 6 months between seasons.