Ann Budge - vote of no confidence

Just now, JTS98 said:

Has anyone else actually come out and said it? I'd be shocked if they did.

From the point of view of someone who doesn't understand football, getting rid of the smaller clubs makes perfect sense. The same number of fans divided among a smaller number of clubs. The same number of sponsors. The same amount of cash etc. That's what she thinks.

She's the kind of person who thinks that if Ayr United go bust, their fans will all go to watch Killie.

I don't think that makes her 'a vile human'. I think that makes her clueless.

Entering a new field and not taking the time to research it and understand the issues looks like arrogance to me.

You're not going to subject yourself to another day like yesterday over this are you?

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Entering a new field and not taking the time to research it and understand the issues looks like arrogance to me.

You're not going to subject yourself to another day like yesterday over this are you?

I'm a man of the arts. A braying crowd declaring you wrong does not make you wrong.

Ann Budge didn't seek out a role in football. The people trying to save Hearts approached her and she agreed to stump up a lot of money and do a job that needed to be done to save the club.

I'll forgive her for not spending all of her time getting to know the ins and outs of football fans' opinions on league structure. I think she had other things to do.

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I'm a man of the arts. A braying crowd declaring you wrong does not make you wrong.

Ann Budge didn't seek out a role in football. The people trying to save Hearts approached her and she agreed to stump up a lot of money and do a job that needed to be done to save the club.

I'll forgive her for not spending all of her time getting to know the ins and outs of football fans' opinions on league structure. I think she had other things to do.

Well I'm leaving it there. My involvement through all the discussion has been to snigger at the back of the class and she's given me plenty to snigger at.

Guest JTS98
3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Well I'm leaving it there. My involvement through all the discussion has been to snigger at the back of the class and she's given me plenty to snigger at.

I don't doubt she has. Nobody has ever said she has done an exclusively good job.

I suppose my surprise is just at your implication that you agree with the brain-dead assertion of the perhaps moronic opening poster that she can justifiably be referred to as a 'vile human'.

We've all got standard, I suppose.

Using that kind of language about another person reflects far worse on those doing it than on the target.

Edited by JTS98

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

How would you assess her then, or anyone else? She's expressed views that some on here find a bit heartless (pun unintended). She has pushed a course of action based entirely on self interest to the possible detriment of other clubs. There's suggestions of nepotism in the contracting at the stadium.

She seems quite unpleasant.

+ve stamina got us out of the admin/Lithuanian bank mess

put in a few million when nobody else would when needed

original Levein/Neilson appointment

first 3 years

benefactors

woman's team and community involvement boosted

first club to go to Living Wage for al employees

new stand - turnover well up

loyalty in not just handing over the reins to FOH last month when we were on the cusp of chaos

-ve   naive to end up so dependent upon Levein.

careless to allow hiring (unseen) and release of so many players

too loyal to Levein  who should have been relieved of position after his heart attack or, at latest, after cup final

naive to  leave £12m+ contract in hands of inexperienced small contractor - specially as he is a relative.

naive to have had a general manager being responsible for pre-ordering 7000 seats

naive to confuse a relationship with Hibs CEO for a relationship with Hibs owner

naive to to take prominent position in the futile attempted reconstruction.

Like most people, she'll be a mix of good and bad. But being too naive and being too loyal are not exactly the worst traits in a human. Of course, being a woman owner with (no separate CEO) she has had huge amounts of public scrutiny - not helped by huge volumes of statements. But I reckon you'd be peeking through your fingers if that level of analysis was done on certain other SPFL owners and CEOs.

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

I don't doubt she has. Nobody has ever said she has done an exclusively good job.

I suppose my surprise is just at your implication that you agree with the brain-dead assertion of the perhaps moronic opening poster that she can justifiably be referred to as a 'vile human'.

We've all got standard, I suppose.

Using that kind of language about another person reflects far worse on those doing it than on the target.

It's the internet, get used to it.