6 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I could see the logic of clubs taking the same stance as Aberdeen, that there's too much bad blood with allegations and counter allegations therefore we need a truly neutral independent party to confirm exactly what has gone on for relationships within the game to ever be repaired.

Stenhousemuir confirm they will be voting in favour for that reason: https://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/2020/05/12/statement-on-the-spfl-egm/

6 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I've read this a good few places. Much like Jimmy Calderwood had a season ticket for Ibrox when he was at Aberdeen. Would seem a bit of a waste of money if you can't use it.

Particularly when all you need to do is phone ahead and say your coming and get comps left.

3 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

Reckon this vote could be closer than people are making out,either way this afternoon/tonight should be interesting.

The sticking point might be when they're asked to put £20K in the pot to pay for this inquiry.

Oh wait, The Rangers are paying.  Carry on.

1 minute ago, kevthedee said:

Reckon this vote could be closer than people are making out,either way this afternoon/tonight should be interesting.

I dont.The clubs will listen to the SPFL board as to why they shouldnt vote for it.

The season needs a line drawn under it asap.

I'm pretty sure if anything does need changed with anything in the SPFL, then once the storm has died down it can be done then.

Getting ready to start next season asap should be what everyone is gearing towards now.

Today's gossip so far.

Rossy Mcarthur isn't a bully and will batter anyone who says he is.

Scott Gardiner ignores his teams games and rocks up at Ibrox every other Saturday. 

Jimmy Calderwood is quite staunch.

Invernessians will rise up and other throw their evil sevvie overlords.

1 minute ago, Dele said:

Didn't the Brechin chairman say everyone in League 2 was happy with the result? 

Or have I misunderstood that? 

They said everyone in League Two would corroborate Brechin's versions of events, ie they would confirm that the Rangers and ICT claims about them bullying/misleading other League Two clubs into all voting Yes were made up pish.

That's not necessarily going to translate into all of them voting against holding an inquiry into the whole process though.

Today's gossip so far.

Rossy Mcarthur isn't a bully and will batter anyone who says he is.
Scott Gardiner ignores his teams games and rocks up at Ibrox every other Saturday. 
Jimmy Calderwood is quite staunch.
Invernessians will rise up and other throw their evil sevvie overlords.

Other throw?

3 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Other throw?

If only I could figure out  to switch this auto type thingy off, life would be  great.

Edited by bennett
Meh

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

I can see Gardiner being thanked for all his hard work and wished well for the future sooner rather than later.

Unless ICT and their fans are happy with his most recent work?

Chairman too? He co-signed the statement.

18 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

Sounds like it might pass simply to bring an end to the whole thing.

A lot of clubs sole focus in this is simply gaining clarity for next season.

9 hours ago, Bohemian said:

Cant imagine too many Caley fans are backing him at this point, or what's the feeling amongst the fans?

When he first joined I ignored everything that was said about him but other fans. Mainly as I had never heard of him before and what he had done at previous clubs and was willing to give him a chance. Thought he was doing alright until this whole shambles has kicked off.

My opinion of him has completely changed. If the Daily Record stuff is true, I have no idea what we are trying to do.

We wanted to null and void the season and equally distribute the prize money between the 10 teams? What on Earth for? Take the extra £175k for being second and use that for next season. Did they think we could get reconstruction out of it? Don’t see why that would have gone any differently to the way it has.

Our statement released the other day was a total joke at the time but it has somehow managed to look even worse with this article. It doesn’t make any sense, not that it did at the time. What the f**k are moaning about in it. The only difference to what we wanted and what happened is we have an extra £175k in the bank and have to play Hearts and Raith instead of Dundee United and Partick next year. Not really a big deal.

Granted we were after reconstruction and I would have been delighted to go up due to it but in reality it was never going to happen.

We shall see what happens in the next few days but it’s looking more and more likely that he is dragging the club through the mud for no reason other than some personal preference he has. If he gets a found out I hope he is away down the A9 sharpish.

If the SPFL were to say that they were open to an inquiry, (paid for by all clubs and QCs chosen by clubs for neutrality) but that it needed to happen after decisions on finishing leagues etc. were made I wonder how that would go down? Would this still be seen as bullying to get things agreed or a common sense approach to allow completion and agreement on this season but transparency on what's happened and comfort on process and governance going forward?

I don't think any inquiry is going to help resolve this seasons problems and if people really are so intent to believe that the SPFL are such a corrupt, negligent and bullying organisation would ANY report make them see otherwise unless it fully backed up their claims?

They could have done things and handled things better and had they had 4 or 5 months to agree and arrange more competently then I think the approach would be markedly different - it wasn't, they didn't , we are where we are...a bit of contrition and working together with all the teams would help this get resolved far quicker than any inquiry would in my opinion..

43 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

- Ross McArthur, probably because he's on the SPFL board and has most likely taken the time to look at things and understand them, pointed out to Gardiner that null and void would mean an equal share of prize of money, and null and void would mean wiping out the season and no league places could be awarded, thus no one was entitled to more or less of the league money than anyone else.

- Scott Gardiner inexplicably took this as a 'threat' and 'bullying'.

If he leaked the whatsapp conversation it's backfired big style for him. Makes him look like a dick and nobody will trust him again.

7 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

We wanted to null and void the season and equally distribute the prize money between the 10 teams? What on Earth for? Take the extra £175k for being second and use that for next season. Did they think we could get reconstruction out of it? Don’t see why that would have gone any differently to the way it has.

Pretty clear now that Gardiner was chasing the best of everything which played out as well as could be expected with other sides. I was sceptical when he first arrived because of what happened at Hearts and Dundee but I was willing to give him a chance and he did well raising the cash needed to see the club through to the end of the season but there have been whisperings of deals between the club and companies he (Gardiner) owns for certain events. The sorry saga of the last few days has seen me sway violently from neutral on the guy to "Off you pop lad".