PS5 vs Xbox Series X

Ludo*1

PS5 or Xbox Series X?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've not been paying much attention here as I haven't pre-ordered this gen. But wtf is happening? I got a PS4 no hassle on release l, why is this such a f**k up? Have they made an arse of the numbers? Are more folk wanting next gen compared to last time or are scalpers just getting in first?

I've not been paying much attention here as I haven't pre-ordered this gen. But wtf is happening? I got a PS4 no hassle on release l, why is this such a f**k up? Have they made an arse of the numbers? Are more folk wanting next gen compared to last time or are scalpers just getting in first?

I think Sony said they initially underestimated demand and there’s been an issue with distribution.

It’s not difficult to get an Xbox which I reckon Sony fanboys would put down to lack of demand but there has been, from what I’ve seen, far more drops. Both consoles (at least in December) would go within five minutes of availability but Microsoft have just had a lot more appearing for sale.

That said, there is definitely less demand for the Series S but I think that’s cause it is marketed as a less powerful console so perhaps folks are willing to wait for the X or PS5 than settling. Be interested to hear stories about the weans that got one of them for Christmas haha. Real catch 22 for some parents with entitled weans.

I think Sony said they initially underestimated demand and there’s been an issue with distribution.

It’s not difficult to get an Xbox which I reckon Sony fanboys would put down to lack of demand but there has been, from what I’ve seen, far more drops. Both consoles (at least in December) would go within five minutes of availability but Microsoft have just had a lot more appearing for sale.

That said, there is definitely less demand for the Series S but I think that’s cause it is marketed as a less powerful console so perhaps folks are willing to wait for the X or PS5 than settling. Be interested to hear stories about the weans that got one of them for Christmas haha. Real catch 22 for some parents with entitled weans.

Your last part is my nephew/in-laws. He was saying he would wait for PS5 to become available. Turns out at Xmas he got the boys an Xbox instead. Absolutely mental behaviour IMO, especially when you take into account all that's played is Fortnite. And I mean exclusively.

Does Covid have anything to do with the lack of available PS5's? Slower production lines/transportation due to social distancing/sanitizing ect?

I waited a while before I got the ps4, just so they could fix and improve any minor issues/bugs. Still got the same one, I was planning on doing the same with the ps5 but I don't even know when we'll be able to just walk into a shop and pick one off the shelf. Was hopeful for Easter but now I reckon there is no chance. As long as I can get it for the new PES and Battlefield releases but I dont reckon my ps4 will last till then.

I have the money sitting ready to buy one too. You read and hear all sorts of rumours. Supposedly bot companies hacked Argos' stock and bought it 2 days before they released it so they had to cancel all they orders. Surely if there are delivery addresses get the police involved. Scalping c***s are ruining it for everyone, along with they halfwits that are buying off of them.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Does Covid have anything to do with the lack of available PS5's? Slower production lines/transportation due to social distancing/sanitizing ect?

I waited a while before I got the ps4, just so they could fix and improve any minor issues/bugs. Still got the same one, I was planning on doing the same with the ps5 but I don't even know when we'll be able to just walk into a shop and pick one off the shelf. Was hopeful for Easter but now I reckon there is no chance. As long as I can get it for the new PES and Battlefield releases but I dont reckon my ps4 will last till then.

I have the money sitting ready to buy one too. You read and hear all sorts of rumours. Supposedly bot companies hacked Argos' stock and bought it 2 days before they released it so they had to cancel all they orders. Surely if there are delivery addresses get the police involved. Scalping c***s are ruining it for everyone, along with they halfwits that are buying off of them.

This morning is probably now the 4th or 5th time I would have been able to buy a Series X by doing this mad thing where I just go onto a website and give them money. I've canned it though because I'd prefer the PS5 for the exclusives. Covid probably has some impact but Microsoft appear to have been managing to get stock out the door with a bit more regularity. 

My PS4 is absolutely wheezing it's last. I've pulled it apart to clean the dust out of it which has marginally improved it's tendency to overheat and crash. Unfortunately the disc drive is knackered as well so that's annoying. 

This morning is probably now the 4th or 5th time I would have been able to buy a Series X by doing this mad thing where I just go onto a website and give them money. I've canned it though because I'd prefer the PS5 for the exclusives. Covid probably has some impact but Microsoft appear to have been managing to get stock out the door with a bit more regularity. 
My PS4 is absolutely wheezing it's last. I've pulled it apart to clean the dust out of it which has marginally improved it's tendency to overheat and crash. Unfortunately the disc drive is knackered as well so that's annoying. 
What the hell are you doing to your consoles? All my PlayStation's still work. Look after your toys lads!

I'd imagine on the original release, the people that were always going to scalp them picked them up.  That got publicised, and everyone tells them what c***s they are, but people that don't really bother with that see that they can likely make a few hundred quid.  So I expect every time they come available, there are more people wanting to buy them to sell them on.  Add to that that there's probably less of them coming up each time, and it's just a big continuing f**k up.  Retailers and Sony don't really care if people scalp them, no matter what they say.  They've got their money.  

On 25/01/2021 at 14:48, 19QOS19 said:

Your last part is my nephew/in-laws. He was saying he would wait for PS5 to become available. Turns out at Xmas he got the boys an Xbox instead. Absolutely mental behaviour IMO, especially when you take into account all that's played is Fortnite. And I mean exclusively.

Tbf there's not actually any games that you need a new Xbox to play so Fortnite is as good as any.

PS5 at least had a few exclusives but I've rattled through the ones I'm interested in and am almost exclusively playing FIFA now which seems as ridiculous as Fortnite. 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

What the hell are you doing to your consoles? All my PlayStation's still work. Look after your toys lads!

I had an og PS4 that I pretty much NEVER played as I was more into the Xbox One and that's where all my mates were playing. Once I knew I was getting a PS5 I started playing the PS4 to get through some games like God of War and Spiderman. Within a few months it had packed it in. Nothing is built to last these days and will break at some point no matter how well you look after them. 

I’ve been a jammy b*****d over the years as I never had to replace my Xbox 360 in 10+ years, my Xbone has been going for 6-7 and the second hand PS4 I picked up in 2017 has never had an issue.

Should clarify they were all the base consoles as well, no elites, pros or One X’s or whatever