PS5 vs Xbox Series X

Ludo*1

PS5 or Xbox Series X?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tbf there's not actually any games that you need a new Xbox to play so Fortnite is as good as any.
PS5 at least had a few exclusives but I've rattled through the ones I'm interested in and am almost exclusively playing FIFA now which seems as ridiculous as Fortnite. 
It highlights the stupidity though. He wanted to get them a PS5 but settled for an Xbox because he didn't want to wait. Not waiting for the PS5 when all they play is Fortnite is absolutely moronic IMO - just continue to play Fortnite on the current console until you get the console you wanted. Though nothing surprises me with my in-laws now tbh.

Managed to order a PS5 from Smyths Toys this morning 
I tried for an hour.

Had one in my basket, tried to checkout a ridiculous amount of times, it finally asked me for delivery details, kicked me out, tried another ridiculous amount of times, then got to the payment section and got kicked out again.

All the stock seemed to go within a minute on a couple of occasions this morning.

Game are meant to be releasing some again next week, so that means the stock will be hacked by tomorrow.

26 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I tried for an hour.

Had one in my basket, tried to checkout a ridiculous amount of times, it finally asked me for delivery details, kicked me out, tried another ridiculous amount of times, then got to the payment section and got kicked out again.

All the stock seemed to go within a minute on a couple of occasions this morning.

Game are meant to be releasing some again next week, so that means the stock will be hacked by tomorrow.

I happened to be on Twitter just as a PS5 stock account I had followed tweeted that they'd just put stock up.  Managed to get on and get one straight away.  It errors just after the payment screen and I thought I'd missed it, but it refreshed to a confirmation screen and I got an email through confirming it. 

Because I'm a good c**t and I'm not actually desperate for one, I've offered it to a friend who was trying desperately to get one for her son for Christmas.  I'll get another one next time they start to restock. 

I happened to be on Twitter just as a PS5 stock account I had followed tweeted that they'd just put stock up.  Managed to get on and get one straight away.  It errors just after the payment screen and I thought I'd missed it, but it refreshed to a confirmation screen and I got an email through confirming it. 
Because I'm a good c**t and I'm not actually desperate for one, I've offered it to a friend who was trying desperately to get one for her son for Christmas.  I'll get another one next time they start to restock. 
You are a much nicer person than I will ever be [emoji23].

Trying not to get annoyed about it, it's the fact there will be hundreds if not thousands sitting in storage because these greedy c'nts are charging £800 for one.

You are a much nicer person than I will ever be [emoji23].

Trying not to get annoyed about it, it's the fact there will be hundreds if not thousands sitting in storage because these greedy c'nts are charging £800 for one.
I truly hope these c***s have thousands in storage and they're lumbered with them.

On 07/02/2021 at 22:37, the_bully_wee said:

After two weeks of light usage, the R2 spring on my Dualsense has given up the ghost. Nothing like being charged £60 for a piece of cheaply built shite!

The triangle button on one of my controllers sticks a lot. I bought a spare at the time, expecting issues, but it's poor that problems don't seem to be rare with the controllers.

11 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

The triangle button on one of my controllers sticks a lot. I bought a spare at the time, expecting issues, but it's poor that problems don't seem to be rare with the controllers.

Aye, you expect the odd snag with them but the trigger thing in particular seems to be rife. Thankfully I'm no stranger to cracking controllers open so I did it with my first one (being careful to leave no signs of doing so) to make sure it was spring-related. Got on to Argos live chat yesterday thinking they'd offer me a swap, but managed to somehow get a £60 refund out of them and used that to buy a new controller. Now waiting on some replacement springs off eBay to fix the first one, so for the cost of a bit of hassle I'll end up with a free spare

11 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Well that was an absolute farce from Game today.

Sat in a queue for an hour, twice, only to be told there's no stock left.

4 month now that Sony & Microsoft have had to get their act together. Unbelievable that scalpers are still running supreme at this stage.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

4 month now that Sony & Microsoft have had to get their act together. Unbelievable that scalpers are still running supreme at this stage.

This year at least it appears you either get in immediately or you sit in a queue for an hour to be told there's nothing left. It's hilarious how bad Sony or whoever has made an arse of this. It's been comparatively zero hassle to get an Xbox.

I was refreshing the page and clicking on the bundle, got lucky and it added to my basket within seconds of the drop. Then the website crashed, over an hour refreshing the basket, got to the delivery details section but it had ran out of stock by then.

Was a bawhair away from getting one.