The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Technically still wrong! Didn't start out as a right back!! [emoji39]
Started out as a central midfielder, got injured (shock  horror) and when he came back he was moved to right back. He was brilliant but i still hate him for only signing up with a contract with a tiny release clause and still getting a big chunk of that for himself. Was it not something like £500k and he got 25% of that or something?
And ill never forget his sending off for the Derby non hand ball. Still gets me angry.
So its probably Jamie McCunnie for that spell... 
And Wilsons body was in its 40s when he signed for us after the injuries took their toll. His real age was 29. So thats about 35 when you average it out so it works for me.
The fact that Connor Townsend is in the Premiership shocks me more than Barry Douglas being in the same league. Just shows you, eh? Maybe there's hope for Bolton yet...
Was it not Ian McCall that shifted him to RB? Another thing to blame that c*nt for.

Should have been the Scottish Xavi. Maybe.

57 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Was it not Ian McCall that shifted him to RB? Another thing to blame that c*nt for.

Should have been the Scottish Xavi. Maybe.

May well have been. Think the thing at the time was his knee was goosed and all the turning he'd need to do in midfield would cause massive problems for him. So they moved him to full back. 

Again, I might have totally made that up but ill still happily blame Jobby McCall for it too.

Was a class player and was raging he engineered the situation to leave us on the cheap and even scoop some of the crappy fee we did get for a player of his calibre. And to his beloved Celtic. Was very convenient for him. Wee shite.

1 hour ago, Aladdin said:

We should be looking to sign Russell, Ciftci and Safranko.

Just and need to face facts, our midfield and defence are pish so let's not bother. 4-2-4 and get relegated in style.

Actually, imagine for a second we had Shankland,  Ciftci and Safranko up front. 

Fucking goals as f**k.

8 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I didnt even think he was good enough for the Scottish Premiership never mind the English one tbqhwy. And hes only 5'6. Thats at least a foot below the average height of small nippy wingers down there!

shows how different everyone sees things. I thought for an inexperienced youngster he was really good for us

1 hour ago, Swing Kicker said:

shows how different everyone sees things. I thought for an inexperienced youngster he was really good for us

Exactly. 

And its a very good thing to have a different opinion. As long as we all agree on this one thing - Dundee FC are shite.

6 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Don't touch what you can't afford.

Player Pos. Base Salary
Johnny Russell M-F $1,700,000.00

If you listen to the Dode Fox Podcast episode hes on he says he'd come back one day. That's technically a legally binding statement imo. 

Over to you, Johnny.

If you listen to the Dode Fox Podcast episode hes on he says he'd come back one day. That's technically a legally binding statement imo. 
Over to you, Johnny.
And didnt even mention wages. Watertight agreement to be employed by the club at their leisure for life. When he can no longer kick a ball, he becomes Terry the Terror, then punts 50/50 raffle tickets until he kicks the bucket and his embalmed corpse is used as a corner flag.

35 minutes ago, Aladdin said:
3 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:
Over to you, Johnny.

And didnt even mention wages. Watertight agreement to be employed by the club at their leisure for life. When he can no longer kick a ball, he becomes Terry the Terror, then punts 50/50 raffle tickets until he kicks the bucket and his embalmed corpse is used as a corner flag.

Seems to be a fair deal. Its online for all to hear. Pre Contract should be as good as done by 5pm tonight.

Looking forward to his unveiling in November to partner Safranko, Cifcti and Shankland. 

4 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Over to you, Johnny.

Johnny Russell now v Johnny Russell when he is willing to take a massive reduction in wages and come back...

FaceApp_1600425431401.jpg.9a45f4902cfc7756d8b0305ed5e6c783.jpg

1 minute ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Johnny Russell now v Johnny Russell when he is willing to take a massive reduction in wages and come back...

FaceApp_1600425431401.jpg.9a45f4902cfc7756d8b0305ed5e6c783.jpg

The one on the right would still be a massive improvement on some of the strikers we’ve had in recent years.