The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, Gibby82 said:

Latest on Twitter is the Finnish lad is going to Holland, has said ‘Em Oot’ to us and is going to FC Emmen.

Can't really see a lad talking about getting in the shop window and moving up levels picking a small Dutch second division team over us. 

I'm aware I've probably just put the nail in the coffin for that happening now though 

21 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Has it been a shambles? It's been sparse thus far but both signings look like good additions to the squad. 

Yon Finnish guy was just someone on the internet pulling a name out of their arse. 

Yup have to agree here. Far to many, "recruitment's a shambles" type posts. Even been the usual EastFootball pish about Asghar on the phone to his pal Scott Burns. That place should be sponsored by The Samaritans.

This lad and the Swedish guy have not come via the press, nor and briefings from United at all. We may well have been in for him and the name has leaked out from somewhere (could be agent, could be some other employee) but United have never said anything about these guys. Only proposed signing we have heard of was JDH who went to Hibs. Known arse of an agent agreed deal, leaks to press and then gets a bigger offer. Shit happens.

The Burns thing gets on my nerves as well as I must have missed Asghar's involvement in signing the likes of Chris Erskine for example which was revealed by Burns. He's picked up on signings at United for years, pre dating current regime.

Besides, during pre season, there only is rumours to keep us all going anyway. Be bloody boring without them.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Can't really see a lad talking about getting in the shop window and moving up levels picking a small Dutch second division team over us. 

I'm aware I've probably just put the nail in the coffin for that happening now though 

Confirmed.

https://www.rtvdrenthe.nl/nieuws/171926/FC-Emmen-contracteert-Fins-international-Assehnoun-een-publieksspeler

They’re sponsored by a sex toy manufacturer so I suppose he can go f**k himself.

23 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

According to teh tulleh Edwards will be signing a contract extension. 

I’d be happy with that.  I thought he was poor the first few games he played for us but as the season went on he showed himself to be very capable and is better than either Reynolds or Connolly imo.  We became far better at defending corners once he was established in the team.

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Has it been a shambles? It's been sparse thus far but both signings look like good additions to the squad. 

Yon Finnish guy was just someone on the internet pulling a name out of their arse. 

Hmmmm disagree, don’t get me wrong I’m delighted with Carson and mulgrew however we are actually well covered in central defence but like I said I am delighted to have them both on board , season starts 2 weeks Sunday and after tonight we have 2 games confirmed, we have made absolutely zero attacking signings after being lowest scorers in the league last season, we knew Mcmullan, bolton and possibly mcnulty we’re gone in the summer, and still absolutely nothing, obviously I expect us to make signing in the wide areas and up front but it doesn’t seem to give us long enough get these boys in, get them up to speed if needed, get them familiar with all the other players and how we play! It’s worrying tbh 

52 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Roh rohhhh Pawletts been a naughty boy 🤣

E6RiEMUX0AEasCh?format=jpg&name=medium

Forget the murderball, I'm boycotting Tannadice until the shitmunchers in United's social media team start announcing the team in a semi-positional order!

3 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

E6RiEMUX0AEasCh?format=jpg&name=medium

Forget the murderball, I'm boycotting Tannadice until the shitmunchers in United's social media team start announcing the team in a semi-positional order!

A fruitless quest. 

Bring back the formation and position graphics 😭