The Dundee United Thread 22/23

34 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

It's funny how the comments changed within the space of a short time here. 

I haven’t been watching the game, so that’s why I haven’t been contributing my irate comments.

I decided after 10 minutes it would be more fun to watch the Lions instead.

Caught the last 20 mins where we were passing the ball about great.

Thats easy when you’re humping someone. Will we do it from the start of the next game though? 

Mochrie looked good. Hope we see more of him.

Edited by ArabFC

51 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Any truth in the rumour that Courts has fell out with Neil Alexander?

Heard he was screaming at the team at HT against Kelty and that players started shouting back at him and Peter Pawlett refused to shake his hand when he got subbed. The source of that was a screenshot of a post that Gunboat guy on your forum posted but with Alexander nowhere to be seen tonight, maybe gives credence to some of the other nonsense?

Was difficult to see if Pawlett did refuse or not as the view by the tv camera was blocked by a Kelty player, but it did look like it.

If Courts went through then then good as there have been far too many half assed performances, just like the first 10-15 minutes here.

The Sun is reporting it as well, but there have been comment that he is away, but reports of a falling out or shouting match between them is bollocks.

Thought Hoti did ok but think we need better in beside Fuchs for the league this season.

Mochrie was very impressive, but was easy to play by time he came on so would like to see him start on Saturday now.

Shankland was excellent for the hour he was on but would probably give man of the match to Freeman.

The start of the game was absolutely dreadful,slow, one paced, with players looking like it was being treated as a no pressure friendly.

From our 2nd goal onwards I could see  positives in that there were some decent passing movements, some a bit to intricate when simple might have worked better. But there were positives. Much,much better than Kelty and scoring 6 is always going to give the place a bit of confidence, which is good if used correctly.

I thought Duffy,Hoti and Smith all looked "sluggish" to start with, though Hoti in particular started to show he could be useful.

Good to see Edwards get 45 minutes under his belt, being later back to pre season after COVID.

3 goals so far for Shankland from the 2 games and 1 forClark. Good to get off the mark early.

Mochrie looks decent, and finally, my MOM, Keiran Freeman. Thought he did well against Kelty and tonight I thought he was very good.

The caveate to all that though, is it was against League 2 Elgin City, although you can only play what is in front of you. We won't get that much space and tiring of legs in the Premiership. Onwards and upwards, I can see what TC is trying to do and if it works it will be good, if it doesn't...after 6 goals I'm not going to think about it!

Edited by Tannadeechee

Sounds like an improvement on the game against Kelty, good to see Shankland getting another couple.  Top of the table clash next.

What happened to the Funsters that we’re posting before; early night for the lads?

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Any truth in the rumour that Courts has fell out with Neil Alexander?

Heard he was screaming at the team at HT against Kelty and that players started shouting back at him and Peter Pawlett refused to shake his hand when he got subbed. The source of that was a screenshot of a post that Gunboat guy on your forum posted but with Alexander nowhere to be seen tonight, maybe gives credence to some of the other nonsense?

Must be true, he's left now.

I'd take him back in a coaching capacity at Livi, a great guy and a top player/coach. Apparently it was a bust up with Courts that caused it

1 minute ago, Zoomer Brown said:

Rumours of Tony Caig getting the gig. Was he at livi with Liam Fox?

He's just signed with Falkirk after leaving us so I'd doubt it. Although he was taking up a role at the SFA before a u-turn and he shows up at Falkirk, so who knows? I'd seriously doubt he'd jump ship again but yeah he was with us for the last 4 or 5 years so spent the last 3/4 months of last season with Fox at Livi.

To be fair, Fox had all but signed for Hibs as well before a u-turn to you lot too :D 

Edited by ATLIS

I hope Bobby Geddes has retired. That'd be the nightmare of all nightmares if he went to Tannadice (again) after being a huge part of our set up and we've given the job to Alan Combe.

I presume the Arbroath ballot has taken place, and that my son and I have missed out again?

Utd being (possibly deliberately) very coy on the details of these ballots.

There was talk of a friendly at Tannadice on the 24th which should now allow 2000 at. Also the home game v Rangers should do likewise.

Those will need to go to ballots too - presumably those successful in the Elgin and Arbroath matches will have to stand aside for the next two matches?

As a season ticket holder who renewed in the loyalty period (as did my son), I'll be a bit hacked off if, after the Rangers I've still to set foot in Tannadice this season.

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

I presume the Arbroath ballot has taken place, and that my son and I have missed out again?

Utd being (possibly deliberately) very coy on the details of these ballots.

There was talk of a friendly at Tannadice on the 24th which should now allow 2000 at. Also the home game v Rangers should do likewise.

Those will need to go to ballots too - presumably those successful in the Elgin and Arbroath matches will have to stand aside for the next two matches?

As a season ticket holder who renewed in the loyalty period (as did my son), I'll be a bit hacked off if, after the Rangers I've still to set foot in Tannadice this season.

Phoned yesterday, as I’ve ordered season ticket and heard absolutely nothing, still 3000 to do apparently 

also everyone who has bought a season ticket is in the draw and if you have been selected for these two games your out for the other games!

if anyone got a ticket for these games, have you had your season ticket through the door?? 

1 hour ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Phoned yesterday, as I’ve ordered season ticket and heard absolutely nothing, still 3000 to do apparently 

also everyone who has bought a season ticket is in the draw and if you have been selected for these two games your out for the other games!

if anyone got a ticket for these games, have you had your season ticket through the door?? 

Just the super duper loyalty season ticket holders get in the draw. I wasn't loyal enough to get one during the loyalty period (which ended in fucking April, if I'm not mistaken). I didn't renew until May and so my loyalty doesn't reach the required threshold to actually have an opportunity to attend the ground.