LUCKY NUMBER 7 ~ The Hamilton Academical 2020/2021 Thread.

1 player tests positive for Covid and will miss the next 3 games. 
I wonder if they might also miss the Motherwell game if their isolation period ends that day or the day before, given their potential lack of sharpness/match preparation.

Stirling and Thomas are the only players whose absence wouldn't be hard-felt.

9 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I wonder if they might also miss the Motherwell game if their isolation period ends that day or the day before, given their potential lack of sharpness/match preparation.

Stirling and Thomas are the only players whose absence wouldn't be hard-felt.

Or McMann or Hughes or Johnston etc etc 😂

I meant starters but yeah probably not McMann either, although I'm not sure if Munro is up to it. He's got a great left foot but has struggled defensively in games and lacks a bit of intelligence with movement, runs etc. Hopefully he can learn these and then we could have a really effective wing-back.

5 hours ago, accies1874 said:

The timing of this has to be a deliberate joke?

Provocation, genuine ignorance of the response it would get or a distraction from the woeful performance whatever it was the timing wasn't great, however whenever it was posted - and it clearly had to be posted given the publicity it had received - the reaction would have been similar.

I clearly am in the minority but I can't get my head round the seethe and hate that a charity pantomime raising money for good causes (including the Accies academy) has caused.

3 hours ago, yummy fur said:

Provocation, genuine ignorance of the response it would get or a distraction from the woeful performance whatever it was the timing wasn't great, however whenever it was posted - and it clearly had to be posted given the publicity it had received - the reaction would have been similar.

I clearly am in the minority but I can't get my head round the seethe and hate that a charity pantomime raising money for good causes (including the Accies academy) has caused.

Mmmm...🤔

“ Accies “ panto starring two old firm players ? 

11 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

In that case, I'd respectfully suggest that your rankings may not be the most accurate.

Peace and love.

Everything else feels right apart from him, and I can't explain why he's so high 😂

Been tweaking things and literally nothing drops him down the rankings so far.

9 hours ago, jdt said:

Hi everyone, hibs fan in peace here. I was wondering how Ben Stirling and Scott Martin have been getting on and what your thoughts on them are? Cheers 👍

Scott Martin is good in a poor team, wish we had more like him. I've not seen enough of Ben to comment.

Also, while you're on, I hope you win the league.

On 29/12/2020 at 07:56, Academically Deficient said:

Scott Martin is good in a poor team, wish we had more like him. I've not seen enough of Ben to comment.

Also, while you're on, I hope you win the league.

I liked Scott but the midfield we had back then was ridiculous so it made sense for him to move. I heard a rumour ages ago about us having first refusal on him but it's most likely rubbish. Written in the stars yogi would come back and haunt us but that's been coming for weeks. Hope you boys manage to get some players back and form

Edited by jdt

I really like Scott Martin. As stepek said, he struggled at the start of the season but that was because he was being asked to play three roles in one. I can definitely see him spending most of his career in the Premiership.

He's actually like McGinn in that he's tenacious, a good ball-carrier, likes to use his body to beat pressing in a similar way and his technique can hold back his vision. He's been moved around positions because of his varied skills too - like McGinn.

33 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I really like Scott Martin. As stepek said, he struggled at the start of the season but that was because he was being asked to play three roles in one. I can definitely see him spending most of his career in the Premiership.

He's actually like McGinn in that he's tenacious, a good ball-carrier, likes to use his body to beat pressing in a similar way and his technique can hold back his vision. He's been moved around positions because of his varied skills too - like McGinn.

Scott Martin is like John McGinn? You've taken that way too far.

Good to see Gourlay finally settling into the position. He was always heralded as our future number 1 until Calum Ferrie came on the scene out the blue and just displaced him. He's since looked pish - but happy for Gourlay.

Deals have fallen through for an English Championship midfielder and League One striker due to COVID restrictions. Really frustrating but nothing you can do about it.

If we're shopping in England, do we just go for people without families or players whose families are up here? Or do we just try and get folk from the Scottish leagues? It's gonna be tough either way.