9 in a row rightly or wrongly

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Both theories sound reasonable enough but have since been blown out of the water.

It turns out that the real reason we supposedly "didn't win the league in 1986" was the minor detail of there not being a global pandemic coming along at just the right time.

Yes, I agree with you.

That is a pity.

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It's almost as bad as when Gavrilo Princip (Secretary of the West Bosnia  Hibs Supporters Club)  went to extreme lengths to derail Hearts' 1915 title challenge

That was before my time but he sounds like a right bad b*****d.

Lucky a war didn't result.

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

“Weirdo shoots posh Austrian, you won’t believe what happens next...”

I think I know. Hearts didn't win the league that season either.

On 21/05/2020 at 11:58, Granny Danger said:

Celtic were always going to win the title and I bet their fans would have preferred to do so with the league finishing as normal.

As a United fan I reckon we were 99% certain to have won the Championship and I would have wanted to be at the game with my two sons when we did so.

Of course these things pale into insignificance when compared to what’s happened in the past few months.

This

I'd have rather won the title playing out the remaining games for the following reasons..

We would have clearly increased our winning margin and witnessed another on pitch meltdown by Halliday/Morelos/McGregor 

I have genuinely just missed going to the football and having a drink and a laugh with my mates

As you say though, these things pale into significance compared to the tragic loss of life in this country and beyond with what has caused football to be stopped. 

If we had been 'given' the title with a narrow advantage at this point or, after just 15 or 20 games etc there would be a fair shout for the asterisk/tainted argument but given the lead we had and the fact that lot's form had fell off a cliff and was continuing to do so while we had won all but one of our post January domestic fixtures it is entirely merited and untainted.

One moot point that is rarely brought up, certain clubs fans and their media darlings have claimed Celtic have used a global pandemic and loss of life to secure a league title have conveniently sidestepped the very reticent point that, when said pandemic became the elephant in the room they immediately wanted and prayed for it to be a loophole to prevent a football club they hate winning the title and a back door way of stopping ten in a row, which utterly consumes them and still keeps them awake at night, brass necks and blow lamps spring to mind.

8 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

This

I'd have rather won the title playing out the remaining games for the following reasons..

We would have clearly increased our winning margin and witnessed another on pitch meltdown by Halliday/Morelos/McGregor 

I have genuinely just missed going to the football and having a drink and a laugh with my mates

As you say though, these things pale into significance compared to the tragic loss of life in this country and beyond with what has caused football to be stopped. 

If we had been 'given' the title with a narrow advantage at this point or, after just 15 or 20 games etc there would be a fair shout for the asterisk/tainted argument but given the lead we had and the fact that lot's form had fell off a cliff and was continuing to do so while we had won all but one of our post January domestic fixtures it is entirely merited and untainted.

One moot point that is rarely brought up, certain clubs fans and their media darlings have claimed Celtic have used a global pandemic and loss of life to secure a league title have conveniently sidestepped the very reticent point that, when said pandemic became the elephant in the room they immediately wanted and prayed for it to be a loophole to prevent a football club they hate winning the title and a back door way of stopping ten in a row, which utterly consumes them and still keeps them awake at night, brass necks and blow lamps spring to mind.

Magee doth protests too much.

Their insecurities over this title award are eating away at them already.

4 hours ago, bennett said:

Magee doth protests too much.

Their insecurities over this title award are eating away at them already.

And he doesn’t know the context to refer to a “moot point” or the meaning of “reticent” either. 

Guest DAVIDB69

I said earlier in the the thread it was wrong , however Celtic should just go away quietly milking winning an incomplete season .

The likes of brown our greatest title etc , is just stirring it