9 in a row rightly or wrongly

Celtic were always going to win the title and I bet their fans would have preferred to do so with the league finishing as normal.

As a United fan I reckon we were 99% certain to have won the Championship and I would have wanted to be at the game with my two sons when we did so.

Of course these things pale into insignificance when compared to what’s happened in the past few months.

The Caley had a game in hand over Dundee Hibernian but even if we won that we're just too inconsistent on the road to claw them back. Our home from wouldn't have been enough.  I have no issue with them being crowned champions.

What I'm fucked off with is Hearts coming down.  They're going to do a County.

15 hours ago, GavMan_AUFC_1910 said:

In the wake of Celtic rightly or wrongly winning 9 in a row (makes no difference to me) I wonder if there is:

• A Celtic fan who thinks the latest 9 in a row is tainted.

• A Rangers fan who thinks the latest 9 in a row isn't tainted.

• A Celtic fan who thought Rangers didn't die.

• A Rangers fan who thought Rangers died.

• A Celtic fan who thinks Rangers are the most successful team in football.

• A Rangers fan who doesn't think Rangers are the most successful team in football.

• A Celtic fan who thought Big Jock Knew.

• A Rangers fan who thought Big Jock didn't know.

Or is it all part and parcel of being a fan of that club?

emoji23.pngemoji23.png

https://gph.is/1mv6N1l

Edited by Raphael

*Celtic ‘awarded’ 2019/20 title having accumulated the most points in an incomplete season (due to health epidemic). Surely that would placate both sides of the OF divide?
There’s nothing tainted about it, but the record should show that this particular season was unavoidably shortened. Same for any other European League.

4 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Celtic, Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers should all put an asterix above their badge next season for a laugh.

Scenes if Lewis Vaughn scores against Falkirk in the League Cup and kisses the asterix in front of the away fans, etc.

Aye just stick something like this up instead of the usual league winners flag.

51YXmzrDskL._SX218_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_.jpg

It's obviously tainted, no matter how hard Celtic fans protest. Yes, they probably had about a 95%+ chance of winning the league, but they hadn't yet.
I've not issue with them getting the title though, there was never going to be a fair solution and this is the best of a bad bunch.

22 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

It's obviously tainted, no matter how hard Celtic fans protest. Yes, they probably had about a 95%+ chance of winning the league, but they hadn't yet.
I've not issue with them getting the title though, there was never going to be a fair solution and this is the best of a bad bunch.

Big let down by The Gers.

Suppose money talks when you don't have any and it's bye bye Jambo's, where's the money?

On 21/05/2020 at 14:58, Clockwork said:

Surely that would placate both sides of the OF divide?

Who gives the slightest of fucks....??? :lol: 

Oh wait. Clearly I do. Because I've posted. Yes, I'm proper frothing at the gash me :) 

David Hay was on Sportsound stating that none of the current Celtic players would get in the original 9-in-a-row team.  It is always hard to compare players across the generations.  But I wondered whether we could rank the overall achievements against each other.
I would go with :

1. Celtic’s original 9IAR - first time it has been done - probably the most competitive 

2. Rangers 9IAR - the beginning of big money differentials

3. Celtic’s recent 9IAR - a fine achievement but some people will apply caveats

However if Celtic achieve 10IAR that would trump the lot regardless of people’s protestations.

5 hours ago, ropy said:

David Hay was on Sportsound stating that none of the current Celtic players would get in the original 9-in-a-row team.  It is always hard to compare players across the generations.  But I wondered whether we could rank the overall achievements against each other.
I would go with :

1. Celtic’s original 9IAR - first time it has been done - probably the most competitive 

2. Rangers 9IAR - the beginning of big money differentials

3. Celtic’s recent 9IAR - a fine achievement but some people will apply caveats

However if Celtic achieve 10IAR that would trump the lot regardless of people’s protestations.

From 1964 to 1974 Celtic where in 2 European finals and 6 semi finals.

Edited by Tutankhamen
Eff the SFA

On 22/05/2020 at 14:06, topcat(The most tip top) said:

My first ever game at Tynecastle was 26th April  1986 when we won* the Championship by beating Clydebank

Ironically, that was the fixture where Hearts LOST* the 1985/86 the Championship.

Playing at Tynecastle against the team that was rock bottom of the league and already relegated (just like Hearts are now), Hearts were expected to win by a significant margin. Hearts won only 1-0 and blew their chance to eliminate any possibility of losing the league on goal difference. This is why Celtic were champions that season. Hearts bottled it.

Of course this fact doesn't fit with the Hearts' supporters narrative that the Championship was stolen from them by bad boys in the West of Scotland. 

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Ironically, that was the fixture where Hearts LOST* the 1985/86 the Championship.

Playing at Tynecastle against the team that was rock bottom of the league and already relegated (just like Hearts are now), Hearts were expected to win by a significant margin. Hearts won only 1-0 and blew their chance to eliminate any possibility of losing the league on goal difference. This is why Celtic were champions that season. Hearts bottled it.

Of course this fact doesn't fit with the Hearts' supporters narrative that the Championship was stolen from them by bad boys in the West of Scotland. 

Both theories sound reasonable enough but have since been blown out of the water.

It turns out that the real reason we supposedly "didn't win the league in 1986" was the minor detail of there not being a global pandemic coming along at just the right time.