George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Unfortunately I think you'd get booing from at least a handful of people from a number of the full time clubs in Scotland. 

The use of "Marxism" as a defence is even more scary to me than the fact it's out and out racism. That shows how far the alt right c***s online have embedded themselves in peoples brain and the influence they have.

Slap a cultural in front of that Marxism and it is pure unfiltered dog-whistle racism as well lol.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Presumably anyone with a brain in their skull would care that we share a forum with someone who disagrees with criticism of racism or the far right?

I was talking about the coloured circles m876 as well you know, my thoughts on racism are on the EFL thread.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

Slap a cultural in front of that Marxism and it is pure unfiltered dog-whistle racism as well lol.

Yip exactly. And the fact you've got people from all over the UK using that as reasoning without them even realising why or what they're doing is really worrying.

Just now, Perkin Flump said:

I was talking about the coloured circles m876 as well you know, my thoughts on racism are on the EFL thread.

A "coloured circle" indicates agreement or disagreement with a post. On a subject as important as racism or the far right I think we should note who is indicating agreement or disagreement with posts.

17 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

A "coloured circle" indicates agreement or disagreement with a post. On a subject as important as racism or the far right I think we should note who is indicating agreement or disagreement with posts.

When it comes to racism, the far right or the far left I totally agree. Odd that some people are applying coloured circles to utterly benign posts however, it is as if they have an agenda or are exerting peer pressure to belittle an individual for no good reason, I am certain there is a word for that but it escapes me for the moment.

2 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Odd that some people are applying coloured circles to utterly benign posts however, it is as if they have an agenda or are exerting peer pressure to belittle an individual for no good reason, I am certain there is a word for that but it escapes me for the moment.

This isn't the thread for this discussion (I'd question whether any thread is but particularly this one).

3 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

When it comes to racism, the far right or the far left I totally agree. Odd that some people are applying coloured circles to utterly benign posts however, it is as if they have an agenda or are exerting peer pressure to belittle an individual for no good reason, I am certain there is a word for that but it escapes me for the moment.

Trying to bothsides the far left and far right is pretty far from benign, as far as this particular post goes. 

Hmm, Marshmallow applied a red circle to a post and quickly apologised for not reading the post before doing so and was called out for it by the same people now saying "it's only a red dot" when someone does it to a Marshmallo post. 🤔

11 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Hmm, Marshmallow applied a red circle to a post and quickly apologised for not reading the post before doing so and was called out for it by the same people now saying "it's only a red dot" when someone does it to a Marshmallo post. 🤔

I have no recollection of this - I can remember being falsely accused of downvoting a post in relation to someone's dad dying and I pre-emptively apologised in case I had by mistake, but it turned out to be some mentalist alias.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

I have no recollection of this - I can remember being falsely accused of downvoting a post in relation to someone's dad dying and I pre-emptively apologised in case I had by mistake, but it turned out to be some mentalist alias.

Ah, my bad. I must have missed the follow up part about the alias and just remember reading the apology. 

20 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

As @Marshmallo is in charge of the dots, he should maybe make some dotty rules up, just so we’re all clear. Don’t use them reddy ones personally, but each to their own 

Tory minister appears to back the stance taken by Millwall fans.

Have the tories decided that supporting blm is not a vote winner, and opposing it might be? Fucking hell.

Minister fails to condemn Millwall fans who booed players taking a knee | Race | The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/06/millwall-fans-who-booed-players-taking-a-knee-should-be-respected-says-eustice

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Tory minister appears to back the stance taken by Millwall fans.

Have the tories decided that supporting blm is not a vote winner, and opposing it might be? Fucking hell.

Minister fails to condemn Millwall fans who booed players taking a knee | Race | The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/06/millwall-fans-who-booed-players-taking-a-knee-should-be-respected-says-eustice

Colour me shocked.

Screenshot_20201206-142707.jpg

Edited by 101

34 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

As @Marshmallo is in charge of the dots, he should maybe make some dotty rules up, just so we’re all clear. Don’t use them reddy ones personally, but each to their own 

Sad (yet completely unsurprising) to see Mallo take a brief interlude from his VT tribute act to mimicking the simpleton formerly known as Ali_91’s “that’s racist cos dots!” act. 

Personally, I find posters who repeatedly ruin threads by trying to paint others as racists to be on equal footing with those who link their politics with their football or attempt to point score over other unsavoury allegations associated with football clubs. Utter dregs.