George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

I was a bit lukewarm on the whole kneeling thing but it seems to be annoying some arseholes so i'm all for it now. 

It did seem a bit pointless doing it in silence, when the original intent was to refuse to stand for the Stars and Stripes. Enraging gammons is a noble purpose. 

8 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I was a bit lukewarm on the whole kneeling thing but it seems to be annoying some arseholes so i'm all for it now. 

It did seem a bit pointless doing it in silence, when the original intent was to refuse to stand for the Stars and Stripes. Enraging gammons is a noble purpose. 

Taking the knee.... whilst not wearing poppies.

28 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Maybe we should start playing the National Anthem before our games.

The problem with only footballers doing it means it's open to people questioning it, it would probably be more effective if every player in the premiere league chucked in £1 million. £500 Million would go a long way in the hands of the right charities and let's be honest most BPL players wouldn't miss it.

What I don't understand is why no other sport do it? And the whole movement is saying that racism won't be tolerated and then Millwall roll over to their vile fan base they should have walked off.

14 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Clearly we'd have to have God Save The Queen because we're a bunch of britnat tories (© tedious arseholes of the forum). 

If we could choose, that would be nice. France's is quite jaunty. 

21 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Maybe you should go to your room and think about what you've said..

Only kidding, but jsut thinking, are GSTQ and FoS the worst two dirges ever intended to inspire/proclaim pride in a Nation?

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Clearly we'd have to have God Save The Queen because we're a bunch of britnat tories (© tedious arseholes of the forum). 

If we could choose, that would be nice. France's is quite jaunty. 

Italy's is proper bouncy.

I do like the French, mind - has a proper "revolutionary" feel to it.

2 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Maybe you should go to your room and think about what you've said..

Only kidding, but jsut thinking, are GSTQ and FoS the worst two dirges ever intended to inspire/proclaim pride in a Nation?

Going by my experiences of viewing international sport and hearing them projected through poor quality sound systems, the vast majority of anthems sound absolutely miserable.

France and Italy being notable exceptions.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Going by my experiences of viewing international sport and hearing them projected through poor quality sound systems, the vast majority of anthems sound absolutely miserable.

I'm maybe conflating it with the best of their football, but do Brazil not have quite the cheerful ditty?

I suggested playing the National Anthem because it would annoy folk who think taking the knee is a great idea/should be made mandatory and they would boo the NA, and it would annoy those who boo taking a knee as they wouldn't know whether to sing or boo.

Playing FoS would mean the knee booers wouldn't have to make a decision, of course. Nor the knee takers, either.

7 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Italy's is proper bouncy.

I do like the French, mind - has a proper "revolutionary" feel to it.

I like the French one, too. And the Russian one (the old Soviet Union one, did Russia just appropriate it, or did they commission a new one)?

La Marseillaise Casablanca - Bing video

Edited by Jacksgranda

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I suggested playing the National Anthem because it would annoy folk who think taking the knee is a great idea/should be made mandatory and they would boo the NA, and it would annoy those who boo taking a knee as they wouldn't know whether to sing or boo.

Playing FoS would mean the knee booers wouldn't have to make a decision, of course. Nor the knee takers, either.

OK, you can come back downstairs, now..

Evidently, time in your room just gives you too much thinking time.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Jibrovia have quite a bouncy number as well, always been a fan of the Russian anthem.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Admittedly I can't remember many of them off the top of my head. Just know that's my overriding feeling when watching them.

Is it Liechtenstein who's anthem is to the tune of GSTQ? Poor buggers anthem was roudly booed by the entirety of Hampden :lol:

Which didn't work out so well in the end, having taken 97 minutes to beat the fuckers! 

24 minutes ago, 101 said:

The problem with only footballers doing it means it's open to people questioning it, it would probably be more effective if every player in the premiere league chucked in £1 million. £500 Million would go a long way in the hands of the right charities and let's be honest most BPL players wouldn't miss it.

What I don't understand is why no other sport do it? And the whole movement is saying that racism won't be tolerated and then Millwall roll over to their vile fan base they should have walked off.

Why should professional sports people be forced to bear the financial brunt of something that is not of their making? Politicians are the ones who have the power and responsibility to make systematic changes in society, not footballers.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Admittedly I can't remember many of them off the top of my head. Just know that's my overriding feeling when watching them.

Is it Liechtenstein who's anthem is to the tune of GSTQ? Poor buggers anthem was roudly booed by the entirety of Hampden :lol:

People just booed automatically for years at Scotland games when the players lined up. I doubt most could hear which anthem was being played. There were a few national teams must've wondered what they'd done that was so offensive their anthem got booed.