George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
18 minutes ago, tamthebam said:
Not surprised at David Starkey's comments. He always was a horrible ignorant right wing c*nt. 
And a shite historian too 

What's he said?

"Slavery wasn't genocide otherwise there wouldn't be so many damned blacks in Britain or Africa would there?"

55 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

"Slavery wasn't genocide otherwise there wouldn't be so many damned blacks in Britain or Africa would there?"

Freedom of speech! All lives matter! So much for the tolerant left! Blacks can be racist too. You can get locked up just for saying you're English these days! Why does everybody get offended about everything! I think I just wet myself! What about <random black person> who said something stupid! White people are the ones being oppressed!

I see the grans favourite "oh isn't his hair lovely, what a lovely chap, signed his book for me" media whore Neil Oliver is all in favour of Starkey's comments. And the NTS are standing by Oliver. Time to cancel memberships, I'd say.

Edited by The Skelpit Lug

Aye, I've mentioned before that I used to have lectures with guys who worked with him in the early days, they do not speak highly of the boy despite being close friends at the time. Thought if he could get a telly show with an undergrad degree why bother with a doctorate etc.

3 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Aye, I've mentioned before that I used to have lectures with guys who worked with him in the early days, they do not speak highly of the boy despite being close friends at the time. Thought if he could get a telly show with an undergrad degree why bother with a doctorate etc.

Mate of mine worked with him on a dig once a fair while back.

According to him he's a complete pie.