George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

8 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

BLM taking on Zionism.

If they are labeled as antisemetic by Jewish groups then they will lose support.

Maybe, just maybe, this could be a decent side-effect of BLM - if the so-called representatives of the Jewish Community like the BoD find themselves on the undeniably wrong side of the argument yet again, but this time undeniably visible as being the wrong side. BLM isn't some theoretical issue we see on the news and then let "spokesmen" tell us what it means - racism has been part and parcel of all our lives, we all know it's wrong, and anyone with half an ounce of humanity wants it to stop. To oppose BLM or any other ant-racist movement at this point invites criticism of your own actions* and motives.

3 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

I wish folk would just ditch the word Zionism when talking about taking Palestinian land. It's so loaded with antisemitism whether someone means it or not.

Just say taking Palestinian land it's much clearer what the beef is.

Israel just needs a bit of Living Space.

* Which, occasionally seem a little bit, now what's the word...

34 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

"Help, there's a black man dancing in the street!"  :lol:

Curtain-twitchin' Karen must be devastated that they played her voice on the TV for all the neighbours to hear.

Meanwhile in Central Park, things didn't go well for this particular Karen who took issue with a guy who had the audacity to be birdwatching while black...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52759502

Israel just needs a bit of Living Space.

The big difference in how i see it relates to power, and positions of authority.

The anti semitism stuff is about protecting the position of a powerful nation, whereas blm is coming from the opposite. The problem with our society is that black people are very rarely in powerful positions of authority.

That matters.

25 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

The big difference in how i see it relates to power, and positions of authority.

The anti semitism stuff is about protecting the position of a powerful nation, whereas blm is coming from the opposite. The problem with our society is that black people are very rarely in powerful positions of authority.

That matters.

To me, the issue is very much a set of absolute racist cúnts still playing the victim card three quarters of a century after the entire civilised world rallied round and tried to help them rebuild their lives and identity after an absolutely horrific state-sponsored genocide.

A set of absolute racist cúnts who are currently carrying out an absolutely horrific state-sponsored genocide.

At least we were allowed to criticise the Nazis.  Note - not because they were German. Because they were cúnts.

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

This from earlier in the month -

I wonder how Fox news will cover this......

Yank polis lacking common sense shocker, a quick word in his ear telling him to get off the road should have been enough. 

As Martin Luther King said, 

“When people criticize Zionists, they mean Jews. You’re talking anti-Semitism!”

It's the "nudge nudge, wink wink" acceptable racism of the Left.

https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/martinkramer/files/words_of_martin_luther_king.pdf

BLM speaking about Palestine has more to do with the people who have jumped on the BLM bandwagon, the people who obsess over Palestine and see Israel as the evil guiding hand behind everything. People like Claire Short -

43 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

To me, the issue is very much a set of absolute racist cúnts still playing the victim card three quarters of a century after the entire civilised world rallied round and tried to help them rebuild their lives and identity after an absolutely horrific state-sponsored genocide.

A set of absolute racist cúnts who are currently carrying out an absolutely horrific state-sponsored genocide.

At least we were allowed to criticise the Nazis.  Note - not because they were German. Because they were cúnts.

Being German probably helped, tbh

48 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

The entire "civilised" world?

So you're calling Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria uncivilised? 

57 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Loving the idea that the world 'rallied round' to help Jewish survivors as opposed to, erm, keeping next to all of the property stolen from them in Nazi occupied/aligned Europe and punting them on the next boat to Palestine to get them out of the road, which is what actually happened after 1945 to the vast majority of survivors.

The rebuilding of a Jewish identity - if by this you're somewhat obliquely referring to the creation of the state of Israel - was of course a concession largely extracted through violence from a reluctant colonial authority (guess who?). The US and the Soviet Union both supported Israeli statehood primarily because they viewed it as a potential ally to serve their geopolitical interests in the Middle East, not as an altruistic gesture because of the Holocaust. The newly liberated states of eastern Europe meanwhile were more than happy to encourage their residual Jewish population to emigrate to an emerging Jewish nation-state: indeed this had been the primary policy goal of the massively anti-Semitic Polish state between the world wars. 

Try actually reading some authoritative history about the Holocaust - Timothy Snyder's Black Earth is a readily available starting point - instead of peddling this ahistorical drivel in the public domain

Edited by vikingTON

First time I've ever greenied a VT post I think.

Britain actively tried to stop the formation of a Jewish state - hence the Israeli terrorism campaign against the Brits. Then, as it became inevitable, tried to broker a deal between the incoming Jews and the Arabs but gave up because both sides refused to compromise. The day after Israel was formed, the Arab states invaded and tried to wipe them out. 

2 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

To oppose BLM or any other ant-racist movement at this point invites criticism of your own actions* and motives.

Just to be clear, you are criticising and questioning the motives of everyone who does not support Black Lives Matter, in both US and UK?

That's a hellava lot of people.

Loving the idea that the world 'rallied round' to help Jewish survivors as opposed to, erm, keeping next to all of the property stolen from them in Nazi occupied/aligned Europe and punting them on the next boat to Palestine to get them out of the road, which is what actually happened after 1945 to the vast majority of survivors.
The rebuilding of a Jewish identity - if by this you're somewhat obliquely referring to the creation of the state of Israel - was of course a concession largely extracted through violence from a reluctant colonial authority (guess who?). The US and the Soviet Union both supported Israeli statehood primarily because they viewed it as a potential ally to serve their geopolitical interests in the Middle East, not as an altruistic gesture because of the Holocaust. The newly liberated states of eastern Europe meanwhile were more than happy to encourage their residual Jewish population to emigrate to an emerging Jewish nation-state: indeed this had been the primary policy goal of the massively anti-Semitic Polish state between the world wars. 
Try actually reading some authoritative history about the Holocaust - Timothy Snyder's Black Earth is a readily available starting point - instead of peddling this ahistorical drivel in the public domain

You’ve clearly read further forward in Jewish history than me. I’ve only just finished Exodus yesterday so I’ve got some catching up to do I’d appreciate it if you gave some spoiler warnings.

11 minutes ago, Mr Waldo said:

Just to be clear, you are criticising and questioning the motives of everyone who does not support Black Lives Matter, in both US and UK?

That's a hellava lot of people.

Nope. Try reading my post again. I'm here to help if you have any questions.

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

The entire "civilised" world?

So you're calling Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria uncivilised? 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

46 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

First time I've ever greenied a VT post I think.

Britain actively tried to stop the formation of a Jewish state - hence the Israeli terrorism campaign against the Brits. Then, as it became inevitable, tried to broker a deal between the incoming Jews and the Arabs but gave up because both sides refused to compromise. The day after Israel was formed, the Arab states invaded and tried to wipe them out. 

Christ, you try to steer clear of some of the murkier parts of Israel's independence campaign to avoid allegations of AS, only to find you've gone too far the other way. Lehi were cúnts, and the bombing of the King David was up there with 9/11. Happy now?

Oh, and virginton? Auld Nick'll be ice-skating to work before I'll take a recommendation of a book which has helped form your worldview.

and NBB - replace "civilised" with "developed" and you'd be closer to my meaning. Whatever their motives - as the Inverclyde Sage has expressed - the majority of the world's nations supported the formation of a Jewish State.

15 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

You’ve clearly read further forward in Jewish history than me. I’ve only just finished Exodus yesterday so I’ve got some catching up to do I’d appreciate it if you gave some spoiler warnings.

Spoiler

virginton's a knob