Virtual Season Ticket

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its not "easy to move" at all. You generally get strong armed back to your seat by the stewards the moment you stand up. I almost got chucked last time I went for daring to go to the toilet and having a wee shout at the ref on my way.

I highly doubt neutrals are going to be pumping money into other clubs to watch a match on their laptop, folk will just steam those from dodgy sites/IPTV.

TBH, I've never sat in the seat allocated on my ticket it's usually a free for all at away grounds.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Also, @wastecoatwilly, Celtic aren't offering PPV.

Means the only way people can watch Celtic Park is through season ticket purchase.

£28 per match.

I would be surprised if that was the case, the core of the support is in the UK and Ireland  Celtic won't miss that opportunity.  

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I would be surprised if that was the case, the core of the support is in the UK and Ireland  Celtic won't miss that opportunity.  

How many ST holders do you have? 50,000 iirc?

They are all able to watch your home matches.

(pretty much) Every Celtic away match will be on Sky so that takes care of that.

Why would Celtic offer a PPV, and how would they price it to preserve ST value?

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Celtic charge over double that to sit fans behind a fucking pole mate.

Celtic like other clubs allow people of all nationalities to watch their games.

13 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

TBH, I've never sat in the seat allocated on my ticket it's usually a free for all at away grounds.

Rangers charge foreign viewers around £8 per game to watch RTV games, I'm guessing that celtic do similar.  The problem will be do we charge uk PPV above that price or keep it that price but a lot lower than season ticket prices. 

We'll probably wait till the last day before announcing something. 

3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

How many ST holders do you have? 50,000 iirc?

They are all able to watch your home matches.

(pretty much) Every Celtic away match will be on Sky so that takes care of that.

Why would Celtic offer a PPV, and how would they price it to preserve ST value?

Like I said there is nothing better than going to the game why do you need to preserve the season ticket value?
Halving the price of a normal season ticket to watch the game in the house is acceptable.
There is noway the Celtic v Aberdeen game will not go out to non ST holders.

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Rangers and Celtic aren't unique in offering foreign fans the chance to watch games - pretty much every club in the league does that via their TV channel and has had to make the same sort of decision.

Why are you in this debate you didn't even think this would happen?

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Why are you in this debate you didn't even think this would happen?

He's just letting you know that IF there is a UK streaming service for these teams it won't be the usual £8 per game/month.

27 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Rangers and Celtic aren't unique in offering foreign fans the chance to watch games - pretty much every club in the league does that via their TV channel and has had to make the same sort of decision.

Was it not everyone in the League baring Livi last season? 

9 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

He's just letting you know that IF there is a UK streaming service for these teams it won't be the usual £8 per game/month.

As far as I know only Hanilton don't have club tv, if this was done right clubs would make dosh here.
Motherwell are doing the correct thing St Johnstone and Livingstone are having a laugh.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

When I suggested this a few months back you and  a few others said this wouldn't happen because of the sky deal.
Now clubs are making an arse of it pricing themselves out the market.

At no point did I say that clubs would not be allowed to broadcast non-televised behind closed doors games, you're making that up.

9 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It will be on the reconstruction thread unless you deleted it,the exclusive rights wasn't very exclusive.

Except that if you actually go back to that thread you'll see that I said exactly the opposite of that, and specifically noted that I thought they'd allow BCD games which were not live on Sky to be broadcast by clubs.

On 25/05/2020 at 13:28, craigkillie said:

I have a feeling they won't be bothered with live streams of games which they're not covering and which are kicking off at different times to their live games, while and only while fans can't attend.

This seems to be on the agenda for the English Premier League too.

On 25/05/2020 at 13:30, craigkillie said:

It's unlikely any of this would be centralised. Every single Premiership club already has a club TV channel as far as I know (maybe County don't?), and many of these already broadcast games live to overseas viewers. You'd imagine it would be transmitted via those during this period.

When I suggested this a few months back you and  a few others said this wouldn't happen because of the sky deal.
Now clubs are making an arse of it pricing themselves out the market.
It maybe does seem pricey but I do understand it from a Saints point of view. They sold Season Tickets on the basis of access to live games on Saints TV. What's the point of people forking out all that cash just for the PPV customer to come along and pay a tenner or whatever?

I think a better option would have been a league wide package, 'SPFL TV' or whatever and it's revenue shared equally. That, however, requires joined up thinking and the clubs all acting like big boys and girls.

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Was it not everyone in the League baring Livi last season? 

Ross County haven't done any live streaming before. We've done videos etc over YouTube but no subscription service until now.

36 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

It maybe does seem pricey but I do understand it from a Saints point of view. They sold Season Tickets on the basis of access to live games on Saints TV. What's the point of people forking out all that cash just for the PPV customer to come along and pay a tenner or whatever?

I think a better option would have been a league wide package, 'SPFL TV' or whatever and it's revenue shared equally. That, however, requires joined up thinking and the clubs all acting like big boys and girls.

This was expressly not allowed by Sky.