Virtual Season Ticket

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Our busiest stand (East) is £325, so that's £17.10 per match, if we get 19 home games.

£17.50 is about right if you're not wanting to punish your most loyal fans by virtually making their season ticket purchase pointless. 

I'm now tempted to buy a season ticket as it would be cheaper than PPV and give me Sky matches.

You say that but you can buy a Sky Day pass for £9.99

1 minute ago, Fife Saint said:

If there's any club that will f**k up a new digital platform I can guarantee you it will be St Johnstone FC.

You havent dealt with Hibs much, eh?

2 hours ago, Lebowski said:
2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:
Odd decision from Hibs. Even if it's not a huge uptake it's still money you don't have coming in.  And it's brutal for the Killie fans who through no fault of their own miss the opening game of the season.

Actually agree with this. Only thing I can come up with to justify it is there's a lack of confidence in the streaming company dealing with an unspecified additional thousands of people. Hibs haven't offered any real benefits to ST holders and if the stream doesn't work folk will start going mental.

I think this is spot on. Folk get themselves into a bad enough state over the ticketing system. If the stream doesn’t work on Saturday after folk paying £23 for the game Leeanns email inbox is going to be a riot.

2 hours ago, Green Day said:

Its been on the go for years for overseas and "overseas" viewers.

The issue this time will be the stream from the mob that supply everyone except the Rangers - Stream Digital, iirc?

Hibs have 10500 STs and we are about to get a monumental fuckup with the stream on Saturday - I can almost guarantee it (as I said, Aberdeens statement suggests they might not be confident either).

Add into that our back office personnel issues and its a recipe for disaster.

Well we witnessed the clusterfuck that was Rangers v Motherwell last week. Half the fans could not get on until half time. Turns out they were doing maintenance on the servers at kick off.  Granted the KO was moved from 6pm to 8pm.  
BUT they could have postponed the maintenance knowing it was moved to 8pm or advised fans. Neither happened. 

I therefore am 100% pleased that our 1st game is on Sky next Monday evening.  

I think this is spot on. Folk get themselves into a bad enough state over the ticketing system. If the stream doesn’t work on Saturday after folk paying £23 for the game Leeanns email inbox is going to be a riot.
Aye, given the other games on at the same time, and the lack of stress testing for that it's maybe no the worst idea to say there's going to be a hard limit which the streaming company have surely committed to meeting already. It's still fucking garbage for Kilmarnock fans in particular though.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Our busiest stand (East) is £325, so that's £17.10 per match, if we get 19 home games.

£17.50 is about right if you're not wanting to punish your most loyal fans by virtually making their season ticket purchase pointless. 

I'm now tempted to buy a season ticket as it would be cheaper than PPV and give me Sky matches.

Fecking hell there is no comparison from going to the game and watching it in the hoose,that price is a fecking joke.

31 minutes ago, Lebowski said:
47 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

Aye, given the other games on at the same time, and the lack of stress testing for that it's maybe no the worst idea to say there's going to be a hard limit which the streaming company have surely committed to meeting already. It's still fucking garbage for Kilmarnock fans in particular though.

This is the bit I dont quite understand, technically.

Lets say thats all correct, there is a limit of 10500.................and another 1000 Killie and Hibs fans watch the match using their IPTV, does that not impact the service????

I must admit I dont have a scooby.

I am delighted with the way Motherwell are going about things to be honest. Come next season if I am in a fluent enough position I will be buying a full price season ticket again.

The iptv no. That's being broadcast from somewhere getting one stream. Additional people will require a higher server capacity. I'd like to think that company has the capacity to do this fine. But initial stories aren't promising.

I'd think that 1,000 would be a pretty low estimate for the numbers tbh. Kilmarnock would usually bring at least that number for the first game of the season, and it's probably easier to persuade someone to part with 15 quid for watching the game than persuading them to get themselves to Edinburgh. We've dropped a couple of thousand season ticket holders at least (don't know how many season tickets are new rather than renewals). And there's a significant walk up support too. It's the uncertainty of that number which maybe gave them pause.

This is the bit I dont quite understand, technically.

Lets say thats all correct, there is a limit of 10500.................and another 1000 Killie and Hibs fans watch the match using their IPTV, does that not impact the service????

I must admit I dont have a scooby.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

I am delighted with the way Motherwell are going about things to be honest. Come next season if I am in a fluent enough position I will be buying a full price season ticket again.

Yes, Killie and Motherwell (and to a lesser extent Dundee United) are coming out of this well. Everyone else, not so much.

8 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Fecking hell there is no comparison from going to the game and watching it in the hoose,that price is a fecking joke.

Celtic charge over double that to sit fans behind a fucking pole mate.

I'm happy to stick my money into the rest of the clubs in Scottish football*. I very rarely make away games these days since I've got a bairn but I can easy have 2 hours off on a Saturday to watch the game. Far harder to justify a full day. Wonder if there are many more in my position and this can be a decent money spinner for the clubs. At least help in these hard times.

*Bar 2.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Celtic charge over double that to sit fans behind a fucking pole mate.

It's easy to move, St johnstone and Livingstone have just priced themselves out the market if motherwell are at home and St Johnstone who do you think the neutral will watch?

26 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's easy to move, St johnstone and Livingstone have just priced themselves out the market if motherwell are at home and St Johnstone who do you think the neutral will watch?

Its not "easy to move" at all. You generally get strong armed back to your seat by the stewards the moment you stand up. I almost got chucked last time I went for daring to go to the toilet and having a wee shout at the ref on my way.

I highly doubt neutrals are going to be pumping money into other clubs to watch a match on their laptop, folk will just steam those from dodgy sites/IPTV.