The Office Uk

TheScarf

15 hours ago, DrewDon said:

12 pages in and we haven't even mentioned the caretaker, who I only recently learned is Stephen Merchant's dad. Apparently cast because they thought he had a "funny face". He does play the role perfectly, it has to be said. 

ronmerchant.jpg?itok=W1zgd0Ys

LET’S GROW OURSELVES A BIG LANKY GOGGLE EYED FREAK OF A SON

Tim’s monologue in the Christmas special when he’s taking about Dawn as she drives away in the taxi is absolutely perfect acting from Martin Freeman.

The pain and anguish in both his face and his voice is brilliant. I’ve often said Freeman’s portrayal of Tim is as close to prefect as you can get when it comes to comedy acting.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Tim’s monologue in the Christmas special when he’s taking about Dawn as she drives away in the taxi is absolutely perfect acting from Martin Freeman.

The pain and anguish in both his face and his voice is brilliant. I’ve often said Freeman’s portrayal of Tim is as close to prefect as you can get when it comes to comedy acting.

He is the master of the exasperated look directly into the camera.

On 19/06/2020 at 11:18, Steve_Wilkos said:

I thought Finchy says "nearly done". 

Aye, got pulled up earlier in thread, gutted I miss heard that. Have the scripts too somewhere😑

Anyway, I will not have her tunnel banded around this office, willy nilly.

Edited by HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows

3 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

It works with a turtle! Which is..OK.  Good.

Always liked this bit because they are all genuinely laughing at his joke, and hes chuffed to bits

It's one of the few moments that might lend some credibility to Brent's claims of a "stitch up". 

On 16/06/2020 at 16:46, DrewDon said:

Does anybody think it supposed to be implied in Series 2 that there is something going on between Neil and Rachel? I heard someone say once that they thought there might be something between them. I'd never really taken notice of it, but more recent rewatches have made me think that there might be something in it. 

On 16/06/2020 at 17:14, TheScarf said:

Not sure myself.  I mean she seemed like she was up for a laugh (getting Tim to hide the dildo in Brent's office, getting Gareth to call Brent and say stuff about his beard etc) so I reckon he put the comic relief dance out there and she was like yeah I'll do it with you.  She also seemed pretty upset when Tim dumped her, after her wanting him to go away with her for the weekend.

Neil seemed pretty level headed and I don't think he would indulge in anything extra marital.

Yeah, I had never even thought / heard about this theory before this thread. It surely is the best thread on this football forum. 

There goes TheScarf, I must remember to thank him.