The Office Uk

TheScarf

There's some folk in the General Nonsense thread who should rewatch the scenes of Brent boasting about drinking and making out that he's a mad alky.

Not the ones sharing pictures of various drinks I should add.

5 hours ago, The OP said:

Me - lager, Finchy - lager, Gareth - lager (sometimes cider). So, different drinks for different... needs.

I've already posted that one😉

David: I heard you the other day, and I thought "Oh, he used one of my catchphrases" I don't mind influencing a young comedian - you're not a comedian - but I usually credit someone if I use their comedy.

Gareth: What ones are your that I use?

David: Same shit, different day, that's mine. Exsqueeze me, instead of excuse me.

Tim: w**k you very much.

David: Yeah, I invented that.

1 hour ago, stevieKTID said:

I've already posted that one😉

David: I heard you the other day, and I thought "Oh, he used one of my catchphrases" I don't mind influencing a young comedian - you're not a comedian - but I usually credit someone if I use their comedy.

Gareth: What ones are your that I use?

David: Same shit, different day, that's mine. Exsqueeze me, instead of excuse me.

Tim: w**k you very much.

David: Yeah, I invented that.

w**k you very much, say that to a waiter or summat.

On 23/06/2020 at 13:00, DA Baracus said:

I can honestly say, I've never come over a little queer!

Maybe just because it's a bit more flagrant than Neil's reference to David "looking forward to having a whole new group of men underneath him", but it has always seemed unlikely to me that nobody would have laughed at that line, even if mostly out of embarrassment or shock. 

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Maybe just because it's a bit more flagrant than Neil's reference to David "looking forward to having a whole new group of men underneath him", but it has always seemed unlikely to me that nobody would have laughed at that line, even if mostly out of embarrassment or shock. 

He lost a lot of respect after his good news/bad news announcement at the end of season one, think it highlighted that he was only interested in furthering his own career. 

I stumbled across an interview with Stephen Merchant who said they didn't cover any of Brent’s back story during the writing process, they did drive around before the Christmas special to see where he might live, the guy driving was Jimmy Carr.