American looking for an SPFL team

6 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

Hibs' colors remind me a bit too much of Celtic.

There's no real reason for Aberdeen.

I actually dig Dundee United's away uniforms. Others may see them as pish (did I get that term right?), but I like them (and purple is the color of my university). If I were going strictly on colors, it would be Killie, as their home unis are straight fire. Plus, I find it awesome they're sponsored by a baker/bakery.

People may find these reasons lame but they are what they are.

You're right, others do see them as pish, they also had Jobby sleeves once. Purple is also the colour of a boaby end. (Another couple of Scottish words for your research entertainment!)

I don't think they are lame reasons at all.

9 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

Hibs' colors remind me a bit too much of Celtic.

There's no real reason for Aberdeen.

I actually dig Dundee United's away uniforms. Others may see them as pish (did I get that term right?), but I like them (and purple is the color of my university). If I were going strictly on colors, it would be Killie, as their home unis are straight fire. Plus, I find it awesome they're sponsored by a baker/bakery.

People may find these reasons lame but they are what they are.

There's an Aberdeen in every state in America...

American Idol Reaction GIF by Idols Global

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

You're right, others do see them as pish, they also had Jobby sleeves once. Purple is also the colour of a boaby end. (Another couple of Scottish words for your research entertainment!)

If your bell end is that colour of purple you either need to get it checked by a doctor, or take the elastic band off. Either way do it asap before it falls off.

6 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I was in no way insulted. Without boring the arse off you, I was merely alluding to the fact that Hibs were the first to play in emerald Green by some 13 years. There is also a famous pic of the 1876 Hibs team bedecked in green and white hoops.
As regards baseball, Mrs. FP is from Cincinnati so you can imagine my thoughts on that front.

Ah, good to know about the colors. Had no clue. Not sure your wife's age, but if she's under 35  it's been a rough go as a Reds fan. If she remembers "The Nasty Boys" from the late 80s, early 90s, those Reds teams were very good (and I believe had some good mullets).

4 hours ago, johnnydun said:

So "Jobby" = shi**y?     Purple gets a bad rap, haha.

On 19/06/2020 at 12:38, AmericanFan said:

Russell has been a very good addition for us the last few years. Had a nice assist prior to the season getting postponed. Good to hear there are some Americans in the league there.

One of whom is son of John Harkes, legend of the American national team.