Queen's Park 2020/21

4 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

I think that you will find that all our games for quite a while will be away.

I’ve no doubt about that. Our committee were responsible for the delivery of the refurbished Lesser Hampden, on time and within budget. As the Articles dictate. They have failed. Even if the original date slipped due to CoVid we should have been starting the new season at Lesser.

With regard to a substitute, I’d imagine Glasgow’s higher risk CoVid status might be a factor. Finding space at Falkirk was easy on the basis of no fans. From our perspective it didn’t matter if it was Falkirk or Dingwall. A new arrangement, signed for an entire season, will have to include fans visiting and being kept safe. The two clubs can manage that within the ground but local residents might be alarmed about plague-ridden weegies in their local shops and pubs. Even if it’s Firhill, the local postcode demarcation raises concerns. And wherever we end up, it’s wasted money.

35 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

With regard to a substitute, I’d imagine Glasgow’s higher risk CoVid status might be a factor. Finding space at Falkirk was easy on the basis of no fans. From our perspective it didn’t matter if it was Falkirk or Dingwall. A new arrangement, signed for an entire season, will have to include fans visiting and being kept safe. The two clubs can manage that within the ground but local residents might be alarmed about plague-ridden weegies in their local shops and pubs. Even if it’s Firhill, the local postcode demarcation raises concerns. And wherever we end up, it’s wasted money.

Yep, it's leaning more towards Firhill now. Can't see the government's original target of Level 0 for the whole of Scotland by the end of June happening

The upside is easy transport links, plenty of pubs and three stands that can be used for any required social distancing . 

The downside as you say is more expense for the club, plus the pitch will probably be a midden come the winter months leading to the potential for postponements  

Edited by Mick1867

7 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

I thought Hampden was Celtic's home ground as a teenager because they played there that often.

It was for a season in 1994-95.

Meadowbank Thistle played at every Scottish League ground except Parkhead. In 1995 they drew Celtic in the Scottish Cup but it was played at Hampden as Parkhead was being rebuilt at the time.

40 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

It was for a season in 1994-95.

Meadowbank Thistle played at every Scottish League ground except Parkhead. In 1995 they drew Celtic in the Scottish Cup but it was played at Hampden as Parkhead was being rebuilt at the time.

Were you at that Tam or were you on Mr Blobbys banned list.

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I was- we got a supporter's brother to dress up as Mr Blobby!

One of my earliest clear memories of a QP game was Meadowbank fans singing “Blobby! Blobby! Blobby! Out! Out! Out!” in the old main stand. Couldn’t have had any grasp of what it was about, but remember finding it funny.

"Queen’s Park FC is today delighted to announce an agreement to play our home fixtures this season at Firhill Stadium, Glasgow."

Realistically, are we looking at construction of Lesser not being finished much before the start of the 21/22 season now? 

On 01/06/2021 at 11:36, Bring Your Own Socks said:

That’s a bit Daily Record HD. The “new” manager is hardly a stranger to what’s going on.

My point is that his idea of who to keep (or not) will be different from Ray's.

16 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I was- we got a supporter's brother to dress up as Mr Blobby!

I remember Thistle fans pointing at the guy in the directors' box and saying "Guilty!" over and over. It would have been funny if it wasn't so serious.