1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

Can you take booze outside on matchday usually? I don't recall pints on the terrace last time I was at GM (2 seasons back?).

At Cumbernauld it's served in plastic if going outside. Cambodian usually only open the door after half time and, strictly speaking, they don't allow it, but it can happen. There's a few others as well I think.

It was reading about the English games that got me thinking. Most of the non league grounds I've been to have quite active associated clubs with access to watch the game.

2 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Can you take booze outside on matchday usually? I don't recall pints on the terrace last time I was at GM (2 seasons back?).

Your not supposed to take booze outside any pub/club/restaurant unless you have an outside license 

Couple of bars just thought they could have couple trestles outside and call it a beer garden 

The constabulary weren’t long in pointing them in the right direction and they were stopped 

14 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Your not supposed to take booze outside any pub/club/restaurant unless you have an outside license 

Couple of bars just thought they could have couple trestles outside and call it a beer garden 

The constabulary weren’t long in pointing them in the right direction and they were stopped 

These would be different, they are on private property and no issues with obstruction. It would seem a bit strange if Hattrix and Sweepers etc were allowed to be open at the same time a game is being played, but you wouldn't be allowed to watch it.

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

These would be different, they are on private property and no issues with obstruction. It would seem a bit strange if Hattrix and Sweepers etc were allowed to be open at the same time a game is being played, but you wouldn't be allowed to watch it.

Each licensing board have there own bye laws …… in ours it is against the law to drink outside unless you have the appropriate license ( which cost money ) doubt may of clubs will have it 

As it stands, the only adults that can train and play with full contact or in the premiership.as everyone knows, this is due to their stringent testing and rules.
As they are still finding cases, I dont see how they can allow non league training or matches any time soon. Otherwise, the prem boys could just stop their testing?

We have seen how 1 stupid guy waiting on test results and going to the pub anyway has spread like wildfire. That is the fear with opening up football.

It doesnt generate any money in lower leagues, so it isn't a real priority to reopen, other than we all desperately want to see it.

If teams flout rules (happening all over) then it strikes fear. one outbreak caused by a football match will see the end of football for a long time.

SPFL players going out on the lash or off to Spain just reinforces the concerns and will kick the can further down the road.

I might be wrong but I cannot see training restarting in just over a week.

10 minutes ago, TheLad said:

As it stands, the only adults that can train and play with full contact or in the premiership.as everyone knows, this is due to their stringent testing and rules.
As they are still finding cases, I dont see how they can allow non league training or matches any time soon. Otherwise, the prem boys could just stop their testing?

We have seen how 1 stupid guy waiting on test results and going to the pub anyway has spread like wildfire. That is the fear with opening up football.

It doesnt generate any money in lower leagues, so it isn't a real priority to reopen, other than we all desperately want to see it.

If teams flout rules (happening all over) then it strikes fear. one outbreak caused by a football match will see the end of football for a long time.

SPFL players going out on the lash or off to Spain just reinforces the concerns and will kick the can further down the road.

I might be wrong but I cannot see training restarting in just over a week.

“ Big Boab Jnr “ will say … … you should be positive and look for solutions rather than have a negative attitude and constantly coming up with negatives … never mid reality.

Was down the Palace grounds in Hamilton yesterday and counted 4 adult teams doing pre season with absolutely no sign of social distancing, players drinking out of the same bottle and car sharing to go home. Expect that’s happening all over the place and won’t go unnoticed by the powers that be I suspect 

48 minutes ago, santheman said:

Was down the Palace grounds in Hamilton yesterday and counted 4 adult teams doing pre season with absolutely no sign of social distancing, players drinking out of the same bottle and car sharing to go home. Expect that’s happening all over the place and won’t go unnoticed by the powers that be I suspect 

These teams are as every bit culpable as Aberdeen and Celtic, moronic behaviour.

1 hour ago, Lobby Dossar said:

“ Big Boab Jnr “ will say … … you should be positive and look for solutions rather than have a negative attitude and constantly coming up with negatives … never mid reality.

I guess you like your glass to be half empty. My point is football and sport in general bring huge benefits and should come as a higher priority than some activities that have had concessions granted. 

11 minutes ago, Big Boab Jnr said:

I guess you like your glass to be half empty. My point is football and sport in general bring huge benefits and should come as a higher priority than some activities that have had concessions granted. 

No Boab I want football at all levels to get started as much as anyone on here .

I’m just  being realistic with what we have at present and no matter what is said by anyone on here the JRG are the ones calling the shots 

Will give you an example as to what an SPFL club have got to put in place other than testing.

Home team uses the home dressing room, away dressing room and a hospitality areas underneath main stand that runs half the length of the main stand 

Away team arrives not at the main entrance to the ground but at an entrance at the other end of the ground and enter the stand behind the goals. Hospitality box’s and a gym that is situated and runs the whole length of this stand is used as their changing rooms. Showing facilities have been installed in this stand for the away team.

After the game all areas that have been used for both teams are deep cleaned.

The home team can use the gym ( deep cleaned after every use ) until 48 hrs before the next home game when it is deep cleaned and sealed off till next away team arrives.

Until the JRG drop the testing and relax these rules for the SPFL there is not a team at our level that could come anywhere near meeting this criteria.

So Boab you could say I’m a glass half empty sort of guy … …  I just think looking at where we are I’m just not getting carried away about football at our level starting anytime soon.

9 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

No Boab I want football at all levels to get started as much as anyone on here .

I’m just  being realistic with what we have at present and no matter what is said by anyone on here the JRG are the ones calling the shots 

Will give you an example as to what an SPFL club have got to put in place other than testing.

Home team uses the home dressing room, away dressing room and a hospitality areas underneath main stand that runs half the length of the main stand 

Away team arrives not at the main entrance to the ground but at an entrance at the other end of the ground and enter the stand behind the goals. Hospitality box’s and a gym that is situated and runs the whole length of this stand is used as their changing rooms. Showing facilities have been installed in this stand for the away team.

After the game all areas that have been used for both teams are deep cleaned.

The home team can use the gym ( deep cleaned after every use ) until 48 hrs before the next home game when it is deep cleaned and sealed off till next away team arrives.

Until the JRG drop the testing and relax these rules for the SPFL there is not a team at our level that could come anywhere near meeting this criteria.

So Boab you could say I’m a glass half empty sort of guy … …  I just think looking at where we are I’m just not getting carried away about football at our level starting anytime soon.

Listen mate I get you but more and more things are returning to something near normality not all of which i agree with either. The example you have given sounds severe and agree no way could our clubs get to that level. However ask yourself does this level of protection exist in your workplace or anybody else's on here. Certainly doesnt exist where i work and we get changed in locker rooms and use shower facilities etc. Football seems to be getting made an example of at the min but if you apply the same rules as we are all subject to i would see no problem getting started. However if teams are not complying and making their environment as safe as possible for both players and spectators then i would agree with you that its not possible to continue. 

1 hour ago, santheman said:

Was in a small supermarket less than a few miles away today as the crow flies and the only customer (among pushing double figures) wearing a mask was me. Some people just do not get it.

The Southern League in England have announced a provisional start date Sept 19 with fixtures coming out end of August. Yesterday's friendlies were meant to be BCD but I know of grassroots games with fans attending, socially distanced around the ground I expect with the clubhouses open - as per the rules on pubs ?

21 minutes ago, Big Boab Jnr said:

Listen mate I get you but more and more things are returning to something near normality not all of which i agree with either. The example you have given sounds severe and agree no way could our clubs get to that level. However ask yourself does this level of protection exist in your workplace or anybody else's on here. Certainly doesnt exist where i work and we get changed in locker rooms and use shower facilities etc. Football seems to be getting made an example of at the min but if you apply the same rules as we are all subject to i would see no problem getting started. However if teams are not complying and making their environment as safe as possible for both players and spectators then i would agree with you that its not possible to continue. 

The point I am making what is the difference between 22 players playing at say Ibrox and 22 players playing at Auchinleck 

I don’t see any,  so what goes at Ibrox will go at Auchinleck until they change the rules

7 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

The point I am making what is the difference between 22 players playing at say Ibrox and 22 players playing at Auchinleck 

I don’t see any,  so what goes at Ibrox will go at Auchinleck until they change the rules

We have that spelled out by the Stenny chairman up the thread - the p/t teams are getting treated same as full-timers.

Airdrie announced they weren't ready to go back the other day - wonder if they'll be reconsidering 20-21?? It's happened high enough up the pyramid in England, Droylsden for one.

3 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

The point will be as we have seen in the last few months that rules will change and will be relaxed. As we move forward we will have to expect that situations will change and we need to be more fluid in our approach. I expect we will have to accept there will be some problems along the road and react appropriately.

People need to wake up. Things aren't relaxing, people are, and that's the huge difference - complacency will only see the R number shoot up, just as it's doing nearly all over Europe now. It'll happen here too, and large parts of the north of England are in basic lockdown again, and they'll have been travelling all over the place, just as others will have travelled there.

There's an inevitability about it all. At the moment, the sheer stupidity of Aberdeen and Celtic has given the Scottish track and trace system seems to be working much better than anything down south, because it's done with the cooperation of local authorities and Health Boards. If they can track and trace and keep the R number at a managebale number, that's a whole different ball game, but I don't envisage a starting dat of October at all.

3 hours ago, TFW said:

People need to wake up. Things aren't relaxing, people are, and that's the huge difference - complacency will only see the R number shoot up, just as it's doing nearly all over Europe now. It'll happen here too, and large parts of the north of England are in basic lockdown again, and they'll have been travelling all over the place, just as others will have travelled there.

There's an inevitability about it all. At the moment, the sheer stupidity of Aberdeen and Celtic has given the Scottish track and trace system seems to be working much better than anything down south, because it's done with the cooperation of local authorities and Health Boards. If they can track and trace and keep the R number at a managebale number, that's a whole different ball game, but I don't envisage a starting dat of October at all.

Maybe Lanarkshire in its own wee world but on top of the small supermarket with a clientele not wearing masks, I was in the cafe of a bigger supermarket earlier on and was not asked for any track and trace details , they were serving entire families not wearing masks and they were allowing people to sit at tables that had not been cleaned. Plates stacked on some tables, the table we were to be sitting at was cleared of dishes but was unwiped, covered in crumbs and a couple of torn sugar sachets. It was not even busy - maybe 50% of tables in use? Track and trace is utterly flawed if what I have seen today is anything to go by. At least in Argyll people are a bit more switched on about it.

Edited by cmontheloknow

8 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

i love some guys thinking that our level will be starting soon but i just cant see it , professional players are only getting in dressing rooms for training 4 at a time so how part time players can meet testing and bubble demands i really dont know 

Why have Darvel been training since May or whatever then?