Not all clubs chuck big money at players they can ill afford, many have already spoken to players about taking reduced wages/expenses, plus clubs will have money reserves to at least see them through a set number of games. Also, the reliance on gate money varies greatly.

All things considered, starting today was the right thing to do but it won't last forever, we'll all need fans or Govt grants eventually, starting at least keeps us in the limelight when lobbying the Govt.

You seem like a pretty switched on guy, do you really think the government take any notice of what happens at our level? I’m not saying that fans won’t come back before Christmas but I just can’t see it, can you? You have public health experts saying that you can’t open everything, attending sport for spectators is way down the level of things.

What happen if the cash runs before fans are back? Players could conceivably take legal action to recover monies owed if team decide they can’t continue which means starting isn’t the right thing.

Everything I have said above is heavily caveated that who knows what’s going to happen with this virus but if I was still running my club I would be loath to start without knowing what the consequences were.

One last question (thanks for answering my earlier one) do you think the highland league was right to delay their start?

19 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

We have 6 dressing rooms, the 2 senior ones had 9 home players in each, whilst Jeanfield split across 3 youth changing rooms 6 players in each. 3 officials in the remaining one. Masks worns at all times, sanitizers available and time spent in them kept to minimum. Plans submitted and authorised by the league and it all went well.

Appreciate most clubs won't have that but other clubs have been planning use of other rooms to supplement their normal two changing rooms. It can be done, although perhaps not by every club.

Aye, if it's not any use to 'most' it's by definition eh... useless? thanks for clarification though.

14 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
17 minutes ago, ToffeeTalbot said:
Great idea until someone tests positive and five players miss work due to being in close proximity (ala Christie and Tierney) 
Few occasions which will happen and they’ll close again before November 

Players happy to play, they all know the risks. If it's too big a personal risk they don't play, they're not forced, nobody will hold it against them.

Bit of peer pressure surely? Who wants to be the one that says no?

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

For those wanting to sit out due to the health risks I find it totally understandable, but those that focus on delaying until fans get in I don't understand at all. How can a club say they're vital to their community when they can just mothball the club for possibly a year or more with no noticeable impact.

What use is a community club that the community can't watch?

Presumably 20/49 EOS clubs have £5k coming in from the Scottish Cup, whether they play or not.

In terms of fans - in the EOS Premier 5/18 clubs had over 200 average attendance last season, compared to 15/20 in the WOS Premier. In tier 7 only two EOS clubs had over 100 fans compared to 13 in the WOS. So there is of course a difference in missing income between the leagues.

What use is a community club that the community can't watch?
One that runs many youth and girls/ladies teams in addition to the Senior side, one that engages in other community activities helping out in a pandemic. It's not all just about the senior team and whether fans can watch or not, although clearly everyone wants fans to return ASAP.

29 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

We have 6 dressing rooms, the 2 senior ones had 9 home players in each, whilst Jeanfield split across 3 youth changing rooms 6 players in each. 3 officials in the remaining one. Masks worns at all times, sanitizers available and time spent in them kept to minimum. Plans submitted and authorised by the league and it all went well.

Appreciate most clubs won't have that but other clubs have been planning use of other rooms to supplement their normal two changing rooms. It can be done, although perhaps not by every club.

Well that’s you broke the rule already ……… rule of 6 and you’ve got 9 in each dressing room 

We either follow the rules or we don’t 

Aye, if it's not any use to 'most' it's by definition eh... useless? thanks for clarification though.
I said "most" clubs don't have access to what we have, but those that don't are making use of other rooms, or planning to. The go ahead was only given Wednesday or thereabouts.

16 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

You seem like a pretty switched on guy, do you really think the government take any notice of what happens at our level? I’m not saying that fans won’t come back before Christmas but I just can’t see it, can you? You have public health experts saying that you can’t open everything, attending sport for spectators is way down the level of things.

What happen if the cash runs before fans are back? Players could conceivably take legal action to recover monies owed if team decide they can’t continue which means starting isn’t the right thing.

Everything I have said above is heavily caveated that who knows what’s going to happen with this virus but if I was still running my club I would be loath to start without knowing what the consequences were.

One last question (thanks for answering my earlier one) do you think the highland league was right to delay their start?

Bang on the money. I’ve talked to 3 committee members from EOS teams who admit they can’t go on longer than November without fans. Bubble bursts at that stage. Big risks 

Bang on the money. I’ve talked to 3 committee members from EOS teams who admit they can’t go on longer than November without fans. Bubble bursts at that stage. Big risks 
That's hardly the revelation you think it is.

25 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Wish all the clubs taking a year out all the very best, must have been a heart wrenching decision to make and hope those that do come back stronger. 

Pathetic from you eddie and you lot at Clydebank. 

You are desperate for as many teams as possible to pull out so you have half a chance to get into the lowland league.  Lowlives the lot of you always have been always will be. 

You lot will still find a way to f**k it up so you rubbing your hands in glee will well and truly come back to haunt you. 

Enjoy this west of scotland league because its where you will be for at least the next decade. 

Well that’s you broke the rule already ……… rule of 6 and you’ve got 9 in each dressing room 

Incorrect, there is no "rule of 6" when it comes to dressing rooms. Players must maintain 2 metre distance, wear masks in the dressing room, and minimise time inside.

Pathetic from you eddie and you lot at Clydebank. 
You are desperate for as many teams as possible to pull out so you have half a chance to get into the lowland league.  Lowlives the lot of you always have been always will be. 
You lot will still find a way to f**k it up so you rubbing your hands in glee will well and truly come back to haunt you. 
Enjoy this west of scotland league because its where you will be for at least the next decade. 
Is this loonball still around? Ffs [emoji23][emoji85]

30 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Who said that? The fact is, by playing we remind Govt of the importance of football, we're not asking for money, we're asking for fans. If Govt won't allow it, then we want a share of the cash being given the English clubs. The sounds are positive as far as that is concerned, but everyone wants fans back even in limited numbers.

If we don't play? Then we're not in the forefront of any Govt ministers mind, no football and no fans. Not great for physical and mental health issues for everyone involved.

Did you ask your fans about playing without them in attendance ? Certainly not going to help fans mental health club playing without them...that's torture.

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:
11 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Incorrect, there is no "rule of 6" when it comes to dressing rooms. Players must maintain 2 metre distance, wear masks in the dressing room, and minimise time inside.

Point me where it says that in the SG/SFA guidelines 

Point me where it says that in the SG/SFA guidelines 
I couldn't care less what is or isn't in the guidelines, it's authorised by the SFA and EoS. If you have an issue, take it up with them.

Even the SPFL don't abide by the "rule of 6" [emoji849]

9 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
11 minutes ago, ToffeeTalbot said:

That's hardly the revelation you think it is.

Why go with four weeks in the hope that the Scottish Gov let’s fans in. Risking clubs and players in process. Why not delay until more information as Highland league has done