Serious incident in Glasgow

I stand corrected then, that is shocking.
If armed police are being sent to an incident to tackle a knife carrying bad guy it's pretty important that they know exactly who they are looking for and what he looks like. Clothing and ethnicity are crucial descriptors. So asking about the suspect's race/colour is probably not as shocking as you may think.

5 minutes ago, energyzone said:
52 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:
I stand corrected then, that is shocking.

If armed police are being sent to an incident to tackle a knife carrying bad guy it's pretty important that they know exactly who they are looking for and what he looks like. Clothing and ethnicity are crucial descriptors. So asking about the suspect's race/colour is probably not as shocking as you may think.

I am probably naive but I tend to concentrate on the mad knifeperson part, wouldn't really give a crap about their ethnicity.

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

No mate, what’s happened is that the emergency call has gone in and the responder has asked the crucial question ‘what colour is the attacker?’. After learning that the attacker is, in fact, non-white, he has hit the ‘send armed response unit’ button as opposed to the ‘send social services’ one. It’s clear as day. ACAB

I can't tell whether this is satire or not, anymore.

3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Probably also gives them an out if someone dies as well.
Big boy told me to do it.
Not saying they shouldn't have shot him dead better that than him stabbing someone else.

Tbf you can drastically reduce your chances of being shot dead by the police by just not stabbing f**k out of people...

I am probably naive but I tend to concentrate on the mad knifeperson part, wouldn't really give a crap about their ethnicity.
I think that is naive. You'd want to know everything you can about him - height, build, clothing, colour, so that you can be sure you have the right person when the confrontation arrives. If he's disposed of, or hidden the knife within his clothing for example, then all those descriptors are vital. You can't rely on him swinging the blade around when you arrive for identification.

4 hours ago, Joe Terrapin said:

I was just going by the copper on the telly who said it’s the first time someone had been shot dead by the police on the streets of Scotland. 

28 minutes ago, Ross. said:

There was a few questions asked the Clydebank story at the time. Like was the guy surrendering and the cops shot him anyway.

Edited by Tutankhamen
Eff the SFA

5 minutes ago, energyzone said:
17 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

I think that is naive. You'd want to know everything you can about him - height, build, clothing, colour, so that you can be sure you have the right person when the confrontation arrives. If he's disposed of, or hidden the knife within his clothing for example, then all those descriptors are vital. You can't rely on him swinging the blade around when you arrive for identification.

Now I think about it, that is correct, every time we have a robbery we always rely on immediate identifiers, bit thick of me, I blame the vodka. I was just concentrating on the negative connotations

5 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

I was just going by the copper on the telly who said it’s the first time someone had been shot dead by the police on the streets of Scotland. 

Kay Street shoot out in the 1960s were the detective shot the suspect dead through the letter box.

Edited by Tutankhamen
Eff the SFA

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

No mate, what’s happened is that the emergency call has gone in and the responder has asked the crucial question ‘what colour is the attacker?’. After learning that the attacker is, in fact, non-white, he has hit the ‘send armed response unit’ button as opposed to the ‘send social services’ one. It’s clear as day. ACAB

Did they ask for his hair colour too? Maybe, what he was wearing?

Just now, Perkin Flump said:

Leave me alone, that genuinely never occurred to me before, bloody obvious in hindsight but I'm not the brightest sometimes.

Didn't occur to me either, quite frankly, I think it was the way it was worded.

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

That's a bot account. 

4500 followers. Following 2500. 10 retweets for original tweet. 

Thought was a right wing spoof site taking the pish out of leftie virtue signallers, but it looks genuine.

image.png.6df7428ce0e3df4fad07e0bd7eae31d4.png

Edited by welshbairn

29 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Tbf you can drastically reduce your chances of being shot dead by the police by just not stabbing f**k out of people...

Or becoming mentally ill.

I think I'll await the outcome of the enquiry... 

2 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

Yes he was obviously a danger to residents, staff and police and I see why he was taken out. I posted it more for the info on the situationthat the asylum seekers have found  themselves in. the ferret article I posted gives a first hand account of folke getting removed from homes and flung in these hotel set ups.

Totally agree mate. The way asylum treaters are treated in this country is an utter disgrace. These are people fleeing genuine hell, literally scared for their lives - the number of dodgy claims is miles less than the govt would like you to believe.