WoSFL Premier Division thread

19 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Such a shame it's not on a Saturday

it was originally scheduled for the last Saturday of the season and they moved it to a random Wednesday evening. 

The fixturing has been decent all season but that is a strange one. 

15 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Trying to narrow the title implications for sooner than later?

it was common in the Junior days to schedule the 2 most likely league winners for a last day fixture to avoid any helicopter Sunday eventualities so maybe they know something that the bookies and the rest of us don't. 

8 minutes ago, Shanner said:

it was common in the Junior days to schedule the 2 most likely league winners for a last day fixture to avoid any helicopter Sunday eventualities so maybe they know something that the bookies and the rest of us don't. 

You’ve just found the reason.

On 24/03/2022 at 12:05, energyzone said:

I didn't actually think Darvel could do it until last night - I thought they had far too many games to make up but they are steadily moving up the table. They have some winnable fixtures coming up but it looks like it'll be between Darvel and Talbot at the end. Pollok and Clydebank will be kicking themselves after the last few weeks.

Our home record is shocking 1 point from 15 with the 5 teams round about use. No good enough. If we wanna challenge next season we need 2 be better at home. Darvel looking strong but never write aff talbot

Mon the papers

image.png.9889d1f282c48225e60a2221e4692068.png

image.png.8cc62005da04b29e30e1263febb9a67e.png

Good day all round for Talbot with Pollok drawing & Kilbirnie upsetting Darvel. Remains to be seen if today's result for the Blasties will be enough to help them stay up with only four games left. Cumnock come up short against Glenafton who take a big step towards survival. Cumbernauld show signs of life.

Edited by GNU_Linux

42 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

Never seen him at ayr but today confirms you may be correct 

he looked dragged in off the street & gave a pair off boots & gloves dressed up as a goalkeeper 

Lyle Avci must be thinking wtf 🤯 Its all about the profile at Darvel though, thats going to be their downfall. Bring in so called big names, when theres hunners better at this level 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Lyle Avci must be thinking wtf 🤯 Its all about the profile at Darvel though, thats going to be their downfall. Bring in so called big names, when theres hunners better at this level 🤷🏻‍♂️

Since chris got injured & lyle came in lyle has been poor albeit they have won games convincingly, I seen where the we need another keeper has come from, lyle’s kicking is shocking to say the least but this kid gives him a run for his money, I seen nothing today from him to make me think he’s at this level let alone any other level. 
I’m maybe been harsh early but can only judge on what I seen today and that wasn't good to watch