“If it wasn’t for the Pieman”

“Wherewud ye be”

“You’d be in the Conference A”

“Probably”

“Cause you’d still have no fans”

”Or history”

“If it wasnae for the Pieman and his money”

Does the pieman no sponsor your team?

According to the official version on here it was something about the SFA only being able to deal with one league.
No mention on here of any legal action at the time.
Don't suppose the well known regulars on here would like to explain this?
As far as I was aware the intention was that we would have a number of conferences at the same level who would then play a season to determine who would form the premier division the following year. The SFA apparently stepped in and said there needs to be a premier league from season 1. I hadn't heard anything about legal action from Darvel. Happy to stand corrected though.

I’m really looking forward to going down for the Darvel vTalbot match next week . I stand by my earlier comment that I would rather have points on the board but Darvel are making some fist of it. Maybe one of the Darvel boys could tell me, what the biggest crowd they have had in the last 20 years or so as I think the place will be bursting with fans and neutrals. 

As far as I was aware the intention was that we would have a number of conferences at the same level who would then play a season to determine who would form the premier division the following year. The SFA apparently stepped in and said there needs to be a premier league from season 1. I hadn't heard anything about legal action from Darvel. Happy to stand corrected though.
Correct

23 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

He may have a point but let's not forget it was his threat of legal action that forced the increase to 20 teams hence 38 game season. 

Does anybody on here know if this is true or not?

5 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Does anybody on here know if this is true or not?

It was stated on here at the time the leagues were being finalised. Those who were in the relegation positions from the Prem and those in the promotion places from the First complained they shouldn't be penalised due to the Covid abandonment. The fact that Mr.Gall threatened legal action was brought up on here but unless he or the WoSFL committee come forward and state the position then it's conjecture.

The upshot of it was that no-one had the balls to make a decision so took the easy way out (for them) and decided to have a 20 club league for a season. Although it's not them who have to work all day and play three matches in a week. Only for this season though, thank goodness.

2 hours ago, Lurcer said:

I’m really looking forward to going down for the Darvel vTalbot match next week . I stand by my earlier comment that I would rather have points on the board but Darvel are making some fist of it. Maybe one of the Darvel boys could tell me, what the biggest crowd they have had in the last 20 years or so as I think the place will be bursting with fans and neutrals. 

there will be around a 1000 at the game , 300 from darvel as some locals will come just because its the talbot , talbot will have big support as per and there will be loads of neutrals , but thats all depending on darvel beating benburb and blantyre and right now thats no a given , no disrespect to any of these teams but id fancy darvel strongly against them if it was one game a week , full squad etc but thats no the case right now and its no excuses its facts and the reality is if darvel dont take the 6 points they are behind the black ball , no sure who talbot have to play in their run in but darvels is difficult with talbot , buffs , clydebank at home and cumnock , meadow and hurlford away with another few thrown in and  thats a big ask to win all those games 

there will be around a 1000 at the game , 300 from darvel as some locals will come just because its the talbot , talbot will have big support as per and there will be loads of neutrals , but thats all depending on darvel beating benburb and blantyre and right now thats no a given , no disrespect to any of these teams but id fancy darvel strongly against them if it was one game a week , full squad etc but thats no the case right now and its no excuses its facts and the reality is if darvel dont take the 6 points they are behind the black ball , no sure who talbot have to play in their run in but darvels is difficult with talbot , buffs , clydebank at home and cumnock , meadow and hurlford away with another few thrown in and  thats a big ask to win all those games 
Talbot Home games

Rutherglen
Rob Roy
Rossvale

Away
Darvel
Largs
Hurlford
Benburb
Glenafton
Cumbernauld

6 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Browning’s employees are being bussed in, 4 hours overtime, free bar and a  Darvel scarf thrown in.