WoSFL Premier Division thread

1 hour ago, energyzone said:

If Gretna were to get relegated could they opt to drop into the WOSFL as opposed to the East or South? ...

It's not their choice apparently unlike what happens with the Highland League and its three feeders. It's determined by the four leagues involved and as things stand that means the SoS apparently. There seemed to be people in EoS circles who thought Gretna could be coming their way last season (?) but it wasn't entirely clear why.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It's not their choice apparently unlike what happens with the Highland League and its three feeders. It's determined by the four leagues involved and as things stand that means the SoS apparently. There seemed to be people in EoS circles who thought Gretna could be coming their way last season (?) but it wasn't entirely clear why.

It seems at odds with previous moves from Bonnyton (although it made perfect geographical sense) and Threave to move to the WOSFL, albeit they weren't via relegation.  I suppose it protects the SOS in the meantime, if that's the aim. 

Selfishly I hope Clydebank do the business this season and become the first West club to be promoted.

3 hours ago, energyzone said:

If Gretna were to get relegated could they opt to drop into the WOSFL as opposed to the East or South?

Just wondering about the situation if the above happens and Beith (for example) win the league.

I'm sure every club nominates which League they will drop into if relegated so at the start of the season it is known where they will go. I don't know if that means say at the end of this season, if Gretna survive, they could change their mind an nominate the WOSFL for the start of 2024-25 season.

51 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Similarly four teams would be promoted from all WoSFL leagues (except the Premier) if the WoSFL champions are promoted to the Lowland League and no team is relegated from the Lowland League to the WoSFL.

For this season, this would seem the most likely scenario.

15 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I'm sure every club nominates which League they will drop into if relegated so at the start of the season it is known where they will go. I don't know if that means say at the end of this season, if Gretna survive, they could change their mind an nominate the WOSFL for the start of 2024-25 season.

Think there's no danger of that happening when you have a WoS officeholder answer with a straight "no" as his reply on that scenario. There is little to no transparency on this matter for some reason, but it's not the club that gets to choose by all accounts but the four leagues involved. Personally think where each LL club would be relegated should be stated explicitly on the league websites involved, so there is no room for doubt, but maybe there's some procedural reason why they can't do that.

15 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think there's no danger of that happening when you have a WoS officeholder answer with a straight "no" as his reply on that scenario. There is little to no transparency on this matter for some reason, but it's not the club that gets to choose by all accounts but the four leagues involved. Personally think where each LL club would be relegated should be stated explicitly on the league websites involved, so there is no room for doubt, but maybe there's some procedural reason why they can't do that.

That was in relation to it happening this season - that is, mid-season.

Perhaps @glensmad could clarify who decides which league a club can drop into (whether the club themselves or they're told where they're going) ?

Also, if it is the former can they change their mind at end of one season for the next season?

As for transparency - there is a list somewhere for every club in the LL (excluding Hearts and Celtic B teams). They just don't want the public knowing it.

7 hours ago, energyzone said:

It seems at odds with previous moves from Bonnyton (although it made perfect geographical sense) and Threave to move to the WOSFL, albeit they weren't via relegation.  I suppose it protects the SOS in the meantime, if that's the aim. 

Selfishly I hope Clydebank do the business this season and become the first West club to be promoted.

On the last paragraph alone I wouldn't be sorry to see the back of them even to the detriment of my own club as they're the most arrogant fans and club that I've ever saw at our level .

15 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

On the last paragraph alone I wouldn't be sorry to see the back of them even to the detriment of my own club as they're the most arrogant fans and club that I've ever saw at our level .

LOL

It's one thing to have a pop at the fans, it's another to have a pop at the club itself.

We have a few walloper fans, no doubt about that but the club and the people who run it are a fantastic bunch and don't get the praise they actually deserve. To suggest they are arrogant in any way is a shocking statement.

Edited by not man of the match

On 12/11/2023 at 11:53, energyzone said:

I think alot of people from other clubs and on here would love us 2 win league and f##k off but dont think there treasurers will. 

Mon the papers

38 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

I think alot of people from other clubs and on here would love us 2 win league and f##k off but dont think there treasurers will. 

Mon the papers

I'm not too fussed about the f##king off part, I just think it's time that a team from the West got promoted and this season should (on paper) be easier than previous ones when considering the potential playoff opponents.  Nothing against Beith at all but I'd like to see some movement from the West.

The Lowland League could easily be the most exciting league in the country in 5 years time.

As for the arrogant part, there's a couple of fanbases in the West Premier who are way worse in my experience!

2 hours ago, energyzone said:

I'm not too fussed about the f##king off part, I just think it's time that a team from the West got promoted and this season should (on paper) be easier than previous ones when considering the potential playoff opponents.  Nothing against Beith at all but I'd like to see some movement from the West.

The Lowland League could easily be the most exciting league in the country in 5 years time.

As for the arrogant part, there's a couple of fanbases in the West Premier who are way worse in my experience!

Would u like 2 name them and make it a wee bit interesting in here lol 

Mon the papers