WoSFL Premier Division thread

4 hours ago, Eadie is God said:

Better known than Albion Rovers,Cowdenbeath,Berwick Rangers,East Stirling?

Doubt it.

Eddie they are teams u came down talbot have not reached them heights but what we have done for a non league team is something that won't ever be beaten our runs in the Scottish and to win the biggest cup outside the leagues what 14 times who else have done that not Clydebank 

4 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

Beith are not as good as last season, a few injuries in squad etc...and poor performance on the night is not a reflection of the WoS as a whole. 

That's why I mentioned a whole bunch of other results.

If you look at pre-season results the WoS prem performed well in terms of results over LL sides. 

🤣

The WoS is an incredibly competitive league, LL is a one horse race with EK firing all the cash to buy the league once more. 

The Lowland League has had four different winners in the last four seasons. EK's cash isn't going to last long either. 

The support base for the majority of the teams in the LL is poor. 

What kind of crowds do Benburb, St Cadoc's, Gartcairn and Drumchapel draw?

We could look more closely at attendance figures, if only anyone in the WoSFL collected them like they do in the LL and EoSFL.

We're all supporters of diddy teams here. Imagine what it looks like to fans of clubs with average attendances in the tens of thousands when fans of non-league sides are crowdwanking over a few hundred.

Anyway, I'm not interested in a pissing contest between the two leagues. The WOS Premier is a brilliant league and I often watch games in it. I hate the B teams and am annoyed there's only one promotion place into the LL. I'm just not keen on baseless claims and misplaced senses of exceptionalism.

Edited by GordonS

3 hours ago, GordonS said:

The Lowland League has had four different winners in the last four seasons. EK's cash isn't going to last long either. 

Don't need a long memory to know how a Mick Kennedy defending champion can stumble the following season. They already lost in their first real test of the season going away to Cumbernauld Colts.

3 hours ago, GordonS said:

We could look more closely at attendance figures, if only anyone in the WoSFL collected them like they do in the LL and EoSFL.

There was a very brief attempt at covering all the regional leagues in 2019-20 by the original poster that did the headcounts. Only started at the end of October. So even with those that participated there's a fairly small sample size with the late start and curtailed season.

Doubt it would surprise too many there were only a handful of clubs that could be seen getting 400+ on average. Then a decent clutch of 200-300+ type clubs depending on form and division they are in.

image.jpeg.44f4e49816dfb0caa251283c193637dc.jpeg

image.jpeg.58d288e45efd03002e42e363453f1d19.jpeg

Edited by FairWeatherFan

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Potential Banana skin for us tonight Darvel will be right up for it. 

Absolutely no chance Darvel will lay a glove on you tonight.  I would still back you at -3. 

If Samson plays he will run their defence riot. 

Bankies 1 Darvel 0 ht

Another Gallacher free kick the difference at half-time. Darvel have kept things tight and look dangerous on the break. Not really a top(ish) v bottom game so far. Darvel still have some decent players